Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Thoughts on Spence Lake?

30,634 Views | 145 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ABATTBQ11
2004FIGHTINTXAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rootube said:

davido said:

Quote:

If I remember correctly, I believe Young wasn't permitted to live there because money bags Sharp wanted to rent it out on game days. Anything for a buck.
I heard that Young's wife was NOT interested in living there, in the most Pacific Northwest way possible.

Hard to have 100 year old buildings if you don't let them get past 50, but I agree that this one isn't that special.
The most obvious explanation is that the president's residence on campus is old and provides little privacy. But sure let's go with the conspiracy theory that the Youngs are elitists from the Pacific Northwest (Is that a thing?). And that Sharp is trying to pimp out the house to the highest bidder.

From KBTX TV back in 2015. Sharp wanted to rent it out to make a buck off it. I didn't make it up.

System Chancellor John Sharp announced Monday incoming president Michael K. Young won't live in the President's Home.

"Sharing that house with former students and the Aggie nation could result in a lot of goodwill, a lot of fundraising and things like that. That was far more valuable than having somebody living there," Sharp said.
West Point Aggie
AG
Sharp really used "Aggie nation"?

Eeeeek
McInnis80
With all of current turmoil, is still project still proceeding?
Get Off My Lawn
A: why march the yell boys to a shallow fountain when a much larger pond is nearby? Come to think of it - after winning an August day game there'll be 20k students in the water...
B: corps dorms + open water = drunk swimming, shenanigans, "training", etc
C: the folks pushing this project are certainly overstating what they're making. It's already maxed out with tailgaters on game days in it's junky state, and it'll remain out of the way for almost all students while outside of gameday...
Fitch
AG
Bump.

ABATTBQ11
AG
Looks like the whole place is going up in flames. Very apropos.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.