Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Karl Dorrell to be new CU coach

8,398 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by The Lost
RikkiTikkaTagem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Considering timing of hire, I guess it's ok. Who else they gonna find right now. Hopefully we beat the brakes of them, but Ralphie is my favorite mascot in college football.

Yes even more then Reveille. Feel free to clutch your pearls and tell me how bad of an Aggie I am.
TexanJeff
AG
Welcome to Friday
NavyAg92
AG
Ralphie? So you're gay. To each their own but I thought this was about the new CU head coach.
AgDotCom
Not a big fan of CU after my trip in '95. Been to plenty of games in Austin and Baton Rouge and CU fans were much worse, it's the only place I've been semi-concerned for my well being after stadium security brought out the pepper spray.

CU got screwed bad on the timing of this deal. Turgeon left us high and dry for Maryland at a similarly bad time, but that was basketball. I'm thinking this could be a 2-3 year setback for the Buffs or worse. Tennessee has still not fully recovered from Kiffin hauling ass in the middle of the night, and neither has Tech when Tuberville left his recruits at the salad bar.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
NavyAg92 said:

Ralphie? So you're gay. To each their own but I thought this was about the new CU head coach.

Oh a Navy guy calling somebody gay?

Artimus Gordon
The head coaching pool is really thin this time of year. And not much better in late fall either.
ec2004
AG
Very underwhelming. They should have hired the interim on the cheap (a CU grad), given him a chance catch lightning in a bottle, then moved on after 2 seasons to hire in the typical December time frame if things didn't work out - see Matt Luke and Ole Miss.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Exactly. They are overpaying terribly. He is a glorified position coach and not even a noted recruiter. He failed at UCLA before the PAC got behind the 8 ball financially. How on earth will he win at CU?

They should have told Dorrell that he could be theHC for a 4 yr contract worth $8 mil base and a ton of incentives for winning and recruiting highly rated athletes.
Agsuffering@bulaw
This the new normal for ADs, b/c of Early signing day. Unless you are at one of the ~12 or so destination jobs, you must plan to replace a HC on short notice.
94chem
How's Jessica Dorrell doing these days?
greg.w.h
AG
Rralph...
The Lost
NavyAg92 said:

Ralphie is female
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

Very underwhelming. They should have hired the interim on the cheap (a CU grad), given him a chance catch lightning in a bottle, then moved on after 2 seasons to hire in the typical December time frame if things didn't work out - see Matt Luke and Ole Miss.

that would have made more sense.

what happened to Beilema - I thought he was a candidate?

West Point Aggie
AG
The Lost said:

NavyAg92 said:

Ralphie is female

They could not handle a male bison...they can't often handle the female one they have!
NomadicAggie
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

NavyAg92 said:

It's only gay if it's in port!!!
South Platte
AgDotCom said:

when Tuberville left his recruits at the salad bar.
Haha. I think you are combining two very low (but hilarious) moments in Texas Tech sports history.

1. Tuberville: Yes, he left a recruiting dinner without finishing his meal. Football programs don't take recruits to a salad bar during an official visit . . .

2. Salad Bar: Bobby Knight got into a verbal altercation with the Tech Chancellor at a Lubbock salad bar.
GreatSullysGhost
South Platte said:

AgDotCom said:

when Tuberville left his recruits at the salad bar.
Haha. I think you are combining two very low (but hilarious) moments in Texas Tech sports history.

1. Tuberville: Yes, he left a recruiting dinner without finishing his meal. Football programs don't take recruits to a salad bar during an official visit . . .

2. Salad Bar: Bobby Knight got into a verbal altercation with the Tech Chancellor at a Lubbock salad bar.
If Bobby doesn't throw a chair, it is really just polite conversation
Jinkies.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Yeah Tuberville left them at the 50 yard line steak house for Cincinnati. I mean what a just beat down. You fire the only guy who ever got you ranked consistently ranked, had a #2 ranking at one point, and the new guy leaves you for Cincinnati.
SilverTongueDevil
MSU is in a bind and makes a very underwhelming hire in Mel Tucker. CU says hold my beer and hires dorrell. Neither will have any success
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

NavyAg92 said:

24 "likes"?!

Really?!

**** you, Zoo.

Go Navy! Hooyah!
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
TheWoodsAg
AG
If we don't absolutely beat the breaks off of CU next year (and I'm talking a 4 TD+ whupping) the A&M players and staff should be forced to walk to Dallas for the Arkansas game the following week.
Agsuffering@bulaw
We have a return game in Boulder next year. Dont want to motivate them.

Best case scenario would be to win by 10-17. Get up by 24 midway through the 3rd quarter, start subbing. They get a late score or 2 to make it look respectable on paper. We get reps for the underclassmen, they walk away with their dignity.
ironmanag
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Best case scenario would be to win by 10-17. Get up by 24 midway through the 3rd quarter, start subbing. They get a late score or 2 to make it look respectable on paper. We get reps for the underclassmen, they walk away with their dignity.
crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Conan didnt have to worry about an enemy who respawned the next year to fight on his turf.
ironmanag
AG
We are going to slaughter them both years. Our talent is light years ahead of theirs.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
TheWoodsAg
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

GTFO here. What the hell is this BS? Run up the score on these talentless assclowns

I'm sure Bama and Clemson are concerned about motivating their opponents for following years games when they run the score up on them. I wish LSU had stopped scoring on us at half time of our game this year to stifle our motivation for next years game. This is in the top 10 of dumbest things I've ever read on this site......seriously incomprehensible level of ruhtard
W
AG
ironmanag said:

We are going to slaughter them both years. Our talent is light years ahead of theirs.
I hope so.

but it's been quite a while since A&M swept a 2-game non-conference home&home series.

I believe Missouri in 1992 & 1993 was the most recent.

and before that have to go back to the Bellard era ~ mid-1970's
PigInABlanket
AG
NyAggie said:

Quote:

that would have made more sense.

what happened to Beilema - I thought he was a candidate?

He was a candidate at CU. To be Ralphie's understudy.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

I'm sure Bama and Clemson are concerned about motivating their opponents for following years games when they run the score up on them. I wish LSU had stopped scoring on us at half time of our game this year to stifle our motivation for next years game. This is in the top 10 of dumbest things I've ever read on this site......seriously incomprehensible level of ruhtard

1. We aint Bama, at least for another 1-2 years
2. The rule of thumb is to call off the dogs in the 4th quarter
3. On the road, anyone can lose if enough things go wrong

LSU called off the dogs, we just quit. You fail to see the bigger picture. Winning by 17 or 31 changes nothing, so long as we are in control going into the 4th. Getting reps for people who we might need later in the season could possibly change things.
The Lost
SilverTongueDevil said:

MSU is in a bind and makes a very underwhelming hire in Mel Tucker. CU says hold my beer and hires dorrell. Neither will have any success
Tucker got rich though
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.