Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Max Wright moves from DE to TE

16,406 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TripleSec
samhoustonag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
McDadeTXAggie said:

ashley said:

94chem said:

Every right-handed kid on the Aggie baseball team was a shortstop at some point. About time that football coaches recognize that HS position doesn't mean jack. Also about time the players realize it too.

95% of college football players play the same position the played in high school.

Where are you getting this information?
95% of statistics are made up on the spot.
WallyWonka
AG

Not to be abrasive, but it's more like 39.75% of the time. At least that's what I've observed.

wink1989
AG
94chem said:

Every right-handed kid on the Aggie baseball team was a shortstop at some point. About time that football coaches recognize that HS position doesn't mean jack. Also about time the players realize it too.
Well, that certainly doesn't "scream" inclusivity for all the poor little left handed kids!
ashley
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

This is a bad sign for Wright. IF he had hands, he would have started at TE.

We already have Wydermeyer. We already expect great things from Cupp. Ryan Renick established himself as an adequate blocking TE. Jimbo talked Beal out of transferring and must believe that Beal can make it. Best case is another Trevor Wood.

Guessing that Jimbo gives him 1 more year on scholarship, unless he makes the transition and becomes an effective blocking TE.

I checked and he played some TE in hs and even some tailback on the goal line.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

If Wright's upside is Trevor Wood is that such a terrible thing? Isn't Wood still on the roster for the Steelers? Wright is obviously athletically gifted. The only thing we know for sure right now is that everyone who matters agrees that he has a better shot at TE than DE.

Depends on how you look at it. I would love to get paid ~$100k as an UDFA, make a roster, and get paid to be #3TE for a few years before my career ended.

The NFL pays drafted SDEs even more. Coming out of HS, that was the hope for Wright. Unless he has great hands that nobody knows about, he goes from being a potential star to a role-player.
TripleSec
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Traveler said:

I loved him, but I wouldn't call CG an impactful player (besides special teams)

But his knee was down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.