Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Arky actually improving?

12,370 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HustlerAggie
jsc8116
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Franks is an upgrade at QB no doubt, but lets switch out the Florida OL//WR with what he will have at Arky and see how well he does.
hogfan14
jsc8116 said:

Franks is an upgrade at QB no doubt, but lets switch out the Florida OL//WR with what he will have at Arky and see how well he does.

Outside of Juwaan Taylor the Florida OL really wasn't anything special in 2018. Curious to see if Pittman can improve the Arkansas OL any though, got a Notre Dame transfer center that sat out last year and the probable starting RT back who missed all last year with a torn ACL.

Having two receivers who made freshman all-SEC last year is a good building block.
Tamu_mgm
AG
jsc8116 said:

And replace the play-calling of Mullen with that of Briles.
HustlerAggie
rangerdanger said:

94chem said:

Every year we have the "arky stinks" thread, and every year, our hearts are in our throats with 5 minutes to go.

After 8 straight losses, I have zero worry until they actually pull it off.
How long until we overtake them for the overall series lead?
I know we gotta be close...
Hustle Harder
W
AG
um, when did Briles jr. become a great offensive coordinator?

reminds me of when Applewhite was coming thru the ranks...and the praise was non-stop
ironmanag
AG
HustlerAggie said:

rangerdanger said:

94chem said:

Every year we have the "arky stinks" thread, and every year, our hearts are in our throats with 5 minutes to go.

How long until we overtake them for the overall series lead?
I know we gotta be close...
Nah we were down by 20+
currenty 41-32-3

We are one year away from sharing the most wins in a row at 9.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Snap E Tom
They landed Hornsby, too.
hogfan14
W said:

um, when did Briles jr. become a great offensive coordinator?

reminds me of when Applewhite was coming thru the ranks...and the praise was non-stop
I mean he's been a finalist for the Broyles Award and his offenses have averaged 40 PPG. Improved FSU from the 113th scoring offense in 2018 to in the 60's last year.
rootube
AG
Barry Potter 09 said:

Dr Lane Trowlan said:

Feliepe Franks is terrible.
All I know is that we better not see anything like this happen again, but at Jerryworld.

Checks notes...

Aggies 19
Gators 17

It seems about right for the hogs matchup with the exception of overtime and the dozen legit NFL players that probably suited up for UF in 2017.
Smudge
AG
Good Lord, I forgot how terrible those UF uniforms were.
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
Tamu_mgm
AG
hogfan14 said:

rgag12 said:

I don't know if you remember OP, but Felipe Franks is very very bad.

How bad? When Mond was a freshman, he put battled Franks @ Florida. What does that say about Franks when he can't even be better than freshman Mond?
I don't think Franks is great but he did have 31 total TDs to just 6 INTs in 2018.

For context:

Franks passing efficiency rating:
2019: 173.4 (just 3 games)
2018: 143.4
2017: 113.3

Arkansas QBs in 2019: 109.4 (Starkel), 94.6 (Hicks)
Keep in mind that correlates directly with the QB coaching and Dan Mullen play-calling specifically to cater to Felipe. There's no guarantee of even similar results with Briles. Dan Mullen is a top 5 QB coach and play-caller in all of college football, so while Felipe did do the work, he was in pretty much the perfect situation at UF (although the OL could've been better obviously).
Tamu_mgm
AG
Snap E Tom said:

They landed Hornsby, too.
And Hornsby is a great athlete. He's got a long way to go as a QB though; still very raw.
Hogman08
rangerdanger said:

94chem said:

That has help you close the gap to 41-32-3 Hogs
Ugly
AG
Hogman08 said:

rangerdanger said:

94chem said:

And we appreciate y'all taking the time to suck hard enough to let us close the gap on the only three advantages y'all have over us on winsipedia: all-time record, longest win streak, and number of bowl games attended. If y'all can manage one more "rebuilding" year, we'll be all tied up on the last two, and we should have the first one taken care of later this decade. I'll make sure to bring over a nice casserole later as thanks for your efforts this past decade.
Showstopper
AG
Sam Pittman is a perfect coach for Arkansas because they found him in the clearance aisle at Wal-Mart.
rootube
AG
Hogman08 said:

rangerdanger said:

94chem said:

Here's one way to think about it. If the Hogs whiff on Pittman that should pretty much put us even in all-time wins because it's going to take 10 years to climb out of the hole. You have to give Pittman credit because he was handed a poop sandwich and he has worked miracles recruiting. We will see what kind of coach he is very soon.
HustlerAggie
rootube said:

Hogman08 said:

rangerdanger said:

94chem said:

Here's one way to think about it. If the Hogs whiff on Pittman that should pretty much put us even in all-time wins because it's going to take 10 years to climb out of the hole. You have to give Pittman credit because he was handed a poop sandwich and he has worked miracles recruiting. We will see what kind of coach he is very soon.
I think that gap is getting closed even if Pittman is a good coach.

There is only so much you can improve a team like Arky.
Hustle Harder
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.