Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Tyree Wilson portal jumping

14,067 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tamu_mgm
Not_Sure
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting looking at the 2018 class. If you take out the kicker (Seth Small) and the JUCO (Sternberger), the 7 lowest ranked members of that class have entered the portal.

There is an asterisk there, since Beal returned to the team. But I think this speaks volumes for the talent Jimbo has brought into Aggieland in his first 2 full classes.
tehmackdaddy
AG
AWP 97 said:

tehmackdaddy said:

Matsui said:

3 more according to rivals

4 if you consider Crownover, who counts after he arrives on campus.

I don't believe Crownver will count until next year.

He counts towards the 85-man scholarship limit the day he steps on campus.
DSAG
UnderTheHillAg said:

I don't understand the attrition, I guess it's the new normal when you have elite recruiting...but this kid was a 2nd stringer, I just don't understand.
We are not at the elite level but we are at the very good level.
Georgia/Bama/OSU/Clemson are at the elite level.
AggieBlu
AG
He is likely going to get a few looks. I hear TCU is already looking at him. Good size, not great speed, but great power.
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
Agsuffering@bulaw
Somebody else posted that Crownover planned to enroll for summer. He would have to qualify for financial aid or pick up his own tab until fall. He counts against the 85 starting in fall.
AWP 97
AG
Not_Sure said:

Interesting looking at the 2018 class. If you take out the kicker (Seth Small) and the JUCO (Sternberger), the 7 lowest ranked members of that class have entered the portal.

There is an asterisk there, since Beal returned to the team. But I think this speaks volumes for the talent Jimbo has brought into Aggieland in his first 2 full classes.
Except for Bobby Brown and Seth Small, I'm not expecting much from this class. However, I am really hoping that a couple of the OL are serviceable or better. This class is being squeezed from both sides and I would imagine that most of them get passed on the depth chart fairly quickly.
Tamu_mgm
AG
DSAG said:

UnderTheHillAg said:

I don't understand the attrition, I guess it's the new normal when you have elite recruiting...but this kid was a 2nd stringer, I just don't understand.
We are not at the elite level but we are at the very good level.
Georgia/Bama/OSU/Clemson are at the elite level.
The 2019 and 2020 classes have been elite level classes. #3 and #6 are elite.

Now as far as overall roster talent, I agree we are not yet at elite. But if Jimbo stacks another 2 classes in the top 7, then yes we are elite top to bottom.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.