Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

Lucedale (MS) defensive tackle McKinnley Jackson signs with Texas A&M

February 5, 2020

All roads in SEC territory seemed to lead to Lucedale (MS) and George County throughout the final month of the recruiting process as standout defensive tackle McKinnley Jackson‍ approached his Signing Day decision.

Texas A&M, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss and even Georgia grew really familiar with the surroundings of the South Mississippi town, but on Signing Day, Jackson made his announcement and then he made it official as he signed the papers. He is headed to Texas A&M.

That 6-foot-2, 320-pound defensive tackle has been high on the Aggies throughout the process, and one big reason has been Texas A&M defensive line coach Elijah Robinson.

“Coach Elijah Robinson, he’s an honest guy and kept it real with me,” Jackson said early in his recruiting process. “I like the way he’s developed players. He’s had players who came from nothing and made them something. So, I like his style. He could make me a better man and a better player on the next level.”

Of course, head coach Jimbo Fisher has also played a big role.

“He’s an exciting guy first of all,” Jackson said at the All-American Bowl in January. “He knows how to win. A&M is not bad at all and he’s building the team right now and I could take my chances on them.”

He also bonded with guys like Chris Morris‍ and Donell Harris‍ throughout the recruiting process.

“See I met those guys beforehand, but seeing them at A&M helped steadily build on the bond,” Jackson said in January. “We’re all from different areas. We’re not from Texas. Like Donell is from Florida, Chris is from Tennessee and we all came together and built a relationship there in College Station. It’s crazy. Different backgrounds coming to one spot.”

Over the course of the process, Jackson grew familiar with all the program had to offer. He made spring visits, he attended the Aggies’ July BBQ, he attended games, and he made Texas A&M his final official visit on the weekend before National Signing Day.

In the end, he chose the Aggies over Alabama, LSU, Auburn and Ole Miss, and he became the 25th member of Texas A&M’s 2020 recruiting class.

As a senior, Jackson recorded 76 tackles, 37 TFLs, and 10 sacks on his way to earning Mississippi 6A Mr. Football, Team Mississippi MVP honors in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star game, and being named to the All-American Bowl in San Antonio.

We’ll have more soon for TexAgs Premium subscribers.

Discussion from...

Lucedale (MS) defensive tackle McKinnley Jackson signs with Texas A&M

20,478 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mr. Black
7Costanza
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Huge
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Jimbo !
Boom
AggieBlu
AG
WWWWWHHHHHHHOOOOOPPPPP
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
MKAG04
AG

Big fish!
EKG1996
txag2k
AG
YUGE!
Meximan
Literally and figuratively a huge pickup.
MouthBQ98
WC94
AG
Trench Warfare!
TexasLeaguer
AG
Wow! Great pick up!
New Boot Goofin
AG
Wow!!!!
chevy con queso
AG
Fantastic.

That's an impressive offer list he's got.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there would be a shortage of sand. -Milton Friedman

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such. -BenFiasco14
Thirsty Third
AG
Whoop!
Highway 6 runs both ways...
TAM85
Awesome. Welcome and Gig'em!
A New Hope
He's a big big man.
farwellrob
AG
Premium content?

You're dang right McKinnley Jackson is Premium content!
LEJ
Jimbo > Rick Ross
mcag83
AG
Boom
Slamn Sharpe
Heck ya
MetoliusAg
Jmho, with the addition of the 2020 recruiting class added to the previous 3 recruiting classes, the 2020 defensive roster will have:

-- a 3-deep roster at SDE-DT-DT-WDE that is the best in overall Dline talent in my 54 years of following A&M football. Quite a few of these guys will be drafted & play in the NFL for several years. The only question I have: will some of them become dominant college Dlinemen like Jacob Green, Ray Childress, Sam Adams were?

-- The linebacker room will be young, but it will be the best lb group in overall roster talent & depth since 1998.

-- Safety: ditto. Best combination of overall talent & quality depth at safety since 1998.

Cornerback: added 5* cb Jaylon Jones which is huge, plus 2 other good ones. But still need to continue improving overall talent / quality depth at cb.
Tamu_mgm
AG
ENORMOUS Pickup for A&M!

So now we have an absolute centerpiece STUD defensive tackle in 3 consecutive classes, not counting all the other very solid DT prospects.

- 2018 - Bobby Brown
- 2019 - Demarvin Leal
- 2020 - McKinley Jackson

Elite guys in the trenches like this is the blueprint to winning championships.
ontheway
AG
Whooooop!!
ontheway
EKG1996
AG
Sounds like a really mature kid.
Mr. Black
Terrific addition to the team!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.