Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

Kilgore College RB Earnest Crownover chooses the Aggies

January 18, 2020

Running back is an area of need for Texas A&M, and the Aggies have been looking at all options as they work to address depth at the position. On Saturday, Kilgore College running back Earnest Crownover‍ took an unofficial visit to campus, and after it was over, he decided he saw enough.

The 6-foot-1, 220-pound standout chose the Aggies over offers from Oregon, UConn, UTSA, Houston Baptist, Incarnate Word and Western Illinois. Offensive coordinator Darrell Dickey has been leading Texas A&M’s efforts.

“They talked a lot about the Aggie Network and after football basically how I'll be taken care of. Of course, you have to work for it, but there's a lot of people who have that degree and connections,” Crownover said.

He also likes the opportunities on the field.

“They do the same thing Kilgore does,” Crownover said. “It’s a pro-style offense. I'm kind of a bigger back, and I feel I can do a lot. I can catch out of the backfield and show power and make people miss when I have to."

As a freshman at Kilgore, Crownover rushed for 468 yards and 4 TDs on 67 carries and 9 receptions for 120 yards and a TD. He earned honorable mention All-SWJCFC honors for his efforts.

Crownover is originally from Grandview, Texas. His father, Earnest Crownover, played at Baylor, and his younger brother Dametrious Crownover‍ is highly touted 2021 prospect.

At Grandview, Crownover was a three-time all-county and all-district honoree and was named first-team All-State as a senior. In his senior campaign, he rushed for 1,500 yards on 146 carries and recorded 538 yards on 22 receptions. He totaled 26 touchdowns on the season as Grandview finished with a 12-2 overall record.

He originally signed with Army as a member of the 2018 class.

More content coming soon for TexAgs Premium subscribers. 

Discussion from...

Kilgore College RB Earnest Crownover chooses the Aggies

31,359 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GSPag`
TxAg76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's a big ol' boy right there!
Postal
AG
The last time we had a RB from Kilgore we were pretty good!
bv86ag
AG
Welcome aboard Earnest!

Gig em Aggies!
Slamn Sharpe
Long strider

Welcome aboard
Class of 65
AG
Pwo?
Slamn Sharpe
BAS65 said:

Pwo?

No
Cojack
Great to get more depth in the backfield! I hope he works out....
TAMU74
AG
Welcome aboard.
Aggieranger
I like that he tries to stay on his feet after initial contact!
Silent For Too Long
Yeah, he seems to maintain a good center of gravity for a bigger back. He maintains good form and seems to gave soft hands.

Plus his brother is a baller too. Wouldn't hurt to give him another reason to come here.
SEC Champs
AG
Strategic
jagvocate
AG
We're all fighting RANGERS, ready to fight for the victory!
Reno Hightower
Maroon face masks
TAM85
technoviking
AG
Seems like he really wants to be here if he's willing to blue shirt.

Welcome
LihaiAg06
AG
So if he's blue shirting, does that mean we still have 2 spots left in this class?
samhoustonag
Shows some good vision, good balance and some power.
LEJ
What the hell is "blueshirting"?
Slamn Sharpe
It's already been said by staff that this was one of the two remaining spots open. It's a FULL RIDE OFFER
P.U.T.U
AG
Blue shirt means he won't take his scholarship until the fall so we can still sign two this year. He would count as a 2021 recruit
SA68AG
AG
LihaiAg06 said:

So if he's blue shirting, does that mean we still have 2 spots left in this class?
Yes. There are still two spots left.

He's able to blue shirt because his visit was an unofficial visit and Jimbo has not made an in house visit to him.
Slamn Sharpe
SA68AG said:

LihaiAg06 said:

He's able to blue shirt because his visit was an unofficial visit and Jimbo has not made an in house visit to him.

Where are you getting this information about his offer?
SA68AG
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

SA68AG said:

LihaiAg06 said:

Where are you getting this information about his offer?
24/7. To elaborate on my prior post. He received a committable offer; he committed and we accepted. He won't be enrolling until the fall and if certain protocols are met he'll count against our 2021 class.

Agsuffering@bulaw
Blueshirt is the explanation. Were we not desperate for depth, he would be offered as a preferred walkon.

Probably has some handshake with Jimbo that if he doesnt make it, they allow him to RS in 2021 and then transfer and play his 5th year somewhere else.

Cordarrian Lite.

mcag83
Post removed:
by user
GSPag`
Jimbo's first JC commit turned out pretty good. I hope Crownover has the same impact. It will be nice to see a FB in there again. Especially one with his hands.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.