Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

LSU loses two more.

11,123 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ABATTBQ11
CoachLB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chiasson and Moss declare for draft today.
TexanJeff
AG
Fantastic
vander54
S
So that's at least 16 starters/key contributors
SARATOGA
Oh no, where will they find more talent in a talent rich state that just won a natty, and your the only school that anyone wants to go to.

I was discussing with a friend watching the game, that I bet tons of those in that stadium cheering on LSU had degrees from Tulane, or were Ragin Cajun alums.

Aranda is going to be a loss. But LSU won't ever, ever, ever lack for talent. Talent has to be coached of course. but their pipeline is always full !
CoachLB
Nobody said or thinks LSU will not have talent or be very good. They always will be. But that is a lot of starting talent and a once every 20 year talent at QB and two important coaches gone. Could certainly be the difference between 15-0 this year and 10-2 or so next season. Burrow was worth at least 2 wins this year. The guy made some unreal clutch plays this season that not many QBs could have made.
aggiehawg
AG
CoachLB said:

Nobody said or thinks LSU will not have talent or be very good. They always will be. But that is a lot of starting talent and a once every 20 year talent at QB and two important coaches gone. Could certainly be the difference between 15-0 this year and 10-2 or so next season. Burrow was worth at least 2 wins this year. The guy made some unreal clutch plays this season that not many QBs could have made.
And Jefferson caught everything except pneumonia last year.
Unemployed
AG
SARATOGA said:

Oh no, where will they find more talent in a talent rich state that just won a natty, and your the only school that anyone wants to go to.

I was discussing with a friend watching the game, that I bet tons of those in that stadium cheering on LSU had degrees from Tulane, or were Ragin Cajun alums.

Aranda is going to be a loss. But LSU won't ever, ever, ever lack for talent. Talent has to be coached of course. but their pipeline is always full !
Nobody is saying that LSU can't replenish their roster with very talented players. But these guys that are leaving like Burrow, Jefferson, Delpit, et. al., they've already proven themselves and you know what you're going to get. There'll definitely be a drop-off in performance just based on experience alone. Not saying that they'll be 7-5 but they're not gonna run gangbusters through the schedule like they did this past season.

CoachLB
aggiehawg said:

CoachLB said:

And Jefferson caught everything except pneumonia last year.
. And Burrow put it in windows most QBs cannot. Again nobody thinks LSU will fall apart. But that is a lot of really great talent leaving. That is all I am saying.
lespaul
AG
curious what percentage of the kids declaring early will regret it if you ask them in a year from now...

to me, when someone declares early and doesn't get drafted, it is really sad.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
CoachLB said:

Without Burrow and the high powered offense, they most likely would've lost to Auburn and Bama and probably Florida this year.
With their schedule next year and all these guys leaving/leaving early, they stand a good chance of losing four games.
CCAD AG
Regardless of the talent coming in, does anyone think that LSU will be better than if all of the early departures chose to remain instead? I would venture that each junior starter would be better next year than his backup will be.

Clearly each junior that declares early reduces the quality of the team that they would otherwise put on the field next year. Not to say the backups cannot get to where the starters are now, but the starters would likely be even better next year.

This is a good thing,
Slamn Sharpe
They recruit just about as good as anyone so this isnt as bad as some might think
W
AG
LSU is still going to be good of course, but Borrow was next level otherworldly this year. He will be missed
W
AG
the Tigers only play 4 road games next season.

(I don't consider playing Rice at NRG to be a road game)
Emilio Fantastico
AG
And three of those are Florida, Auburn, and A&M which all three could be tough.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Why do people here continue to insist on this false dichotomy between championship team and doormat?
rootube
AG
SARATOGA said:

It's wired how you cant make an observation on here about LSU losing so much production without everyone falling over themselves to defend how talented they are. Yes they have players on the roster. Some of them will take some time to fill roster holes and some will not pan out just like everywhere else. They are going to feel the losses next year mark it down. I would guess that the horns may even get their payback in Baton Rouge.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Yep. No one is saying they'll be a 3-9 team, but they could easily turn into a 8-4 or 9-3 team after those kinds of losses, even with talent.
WhoHe
AG
You know what they had when they lost to Troy two years ago? Talent.

You what they didn't have when they lost to Troy? Burrow, Brady, Jefferson, etc.

They'll still have talent next year, but O has proven he can lose to really bad teams even with a lot of talent.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
SARATOGA said:

I mean, they were arguably the most dominant team of the last 15+ years. It can't hurt to lose 80% of that production.
technoviking
AG
They lost a ton. Don't pretend like they are a lock to replace all these guys and their two coordinators without a hitch. That's ridiculous.
Junction Boy
Ian Neff
AG
I'd say lsu would be in trouble if the only one they lost was Burrow. Look what happened to BAMA and Tua.

Acting like they're invincible BC they have "so much talent" in the state is to ignore common sense and history.

Sheesh bros.
Ian Neff
AG
AND WE BEAT THEM JUST A YEAR AGO
Leander - Ag
AG
We will beat them.
Z Team
AG
Will make a lot of Aggies nervous when the play tu at the beginning of the year and are ripe for an early upset before things get worked out.
AGAZ03
AG
The other thing that hasn't been mentioned is that we are their final game each season.

So regardless of depth, by the time they get to us on the schedule they have their wrinkles ironed out.

I would feel really good if we played them early next year. But we don't.
A New Hope
LSU will be weak early in season due to inexperience so sips will beat them. Then tough when we beat them close at end. And sips will claim sec west title. Mark this post.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Fedup said:

LSU will be weak early in season due to inexperience so sips will beat them. Then tough when we beat them close at end. And sips will claim sec west title. Mark this post.

Herman gets his team up for big games and bowls. It's like he is opposite of big game Bob. He wins the big games and loses to Maryland and Iowa State.
EKUAg
AG
And something tells me they will still beat sippy.
Joe Exotic
AG
Fedup said:

Texas ****ing sucks
chipotle
4,3,14,8 and 5

Rankings of their last recruiting classes. They're going to be ok
Lateralus Ag
AG
Bo Darville said:

Fedup said:

Texas ****ing sucks

Yes. They do. Let's just hope they keep winning just enough to keep Herman around for a long time. I was hoping that a win over a bad Utah would get kissy face an extension.
Fighting Armadillos
W said:

the Tigers only play 4 road games next season.

(I don't consider playing Rice at NRG to be a road game)

How is that even possible? We get the hardest schedule of all time and they get only 4 road games? I love being in the SEC but it's crooked as hell and you got to play the refs also.
**** lsu!
2x World Champion Houston Astros!
BMX Bandit
How many road games do you think we play next year? How many this past year?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.