Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

CFB Top 150 Players Snub

8,724 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BostonAg74
admiraltarkin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The full list was just released and Manziel was nowhere to be found. Absolutely disgraceful. First freshman to win the Heisman is a huge deal.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/cfb150players/the-150-greatest-players-college-football-150-year-history
Wicked Good Ag
No offense but he played only two years compared to most everyone else and his second year was not as dominate as the first. And this coming from a person who loved watching him do the things he did on the field
gambochaman
AG
Its espn WGAS
A-A Ron
Crow to me is more of a snub than Manziel.
usmcbrooks
Aaron4885 said:

You didn't read the list, did you?
AGHouston11
AG
Lots of old old players stacking the list early. One was from the 1920s!

It's just a list. No way to compare the players in the different eras of football.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
He was a Heisman finalist both years. If you'd like to argue how Baker Mayfield, Marcus Mariota, or Doug Flutie were better picks, please, go ahead.
Dread Pirate Roberts
Aaron4885 said:

Crow is 109.
greg.w.h
AG
/yawn
Bankeraggie
AG
It is undeniably a snub. The decision to omit Johnny was clearly influenced by his post college antics.

If you are just talking about on the field performance, Johnny was one of the very best college football players of all time.
Zman91
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

No offense but he played only two years compared to most everyone else and his second year was not as dominate as the first. And this coming from a person who loved watching him do the things he did on the field
Barry Sanders had 1 great year ( granted it was insane ) , only had 325 yards freshman year and 603 his sophomore year , he was 9 on the list. JFF deserved at least #150
Post removed:
by user
usmcbrooks
OldShadeOfBlue said:

He was a Heisman finalist both years. If you'd like to argue how Baker Mayfield, Marcus Mariota, or Doug Flutie were better picks, please, go ahead.

Just going to go ahead and state the obvious. He was left out because of the autograph scandal, being hungover, late and dismissed from the Manning academy. Arrested for underage drinking and alleged "racial" epithets during a fight.....etc, etc.

Edit:

However, he has a Heisman and you can't take that away....(points finger at Reggie Bush.)
Zman91
AG
Zman91 said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Barry Sanders had 1 great year ( granted it was insane ) , only had 325 yards freshman year and 603 his sophomore year , he was 9 on the list. JFF deserved at least #150
After thinking some more about this - wgas
Raptor
AG
Heisman has been around since 1935.

85ish winners.

That leaves 65 others.

How can you win a Heisman and not be in the Top 150?
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Shadow of CuervoAg
Johnny was great, but did not stick around long enough.
Do not post opposing views or you too, like me, will become a shadow of your former self.
Ian Neff
AG
He's number one to me.
PhatMack19
AG
This is an NFL list. Walter Payton and Jerry Rice played D1-AA and are both high on the list.

For those saying they held the off the field stuff against JFF, #25 on the list is OJ.....
BanderaAg956
Fake News Media Propaganda List!

Enemy of College Football and should be treated as such!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
texan12
Bryant McKinnie from The U. Never allowed a sack in his career as an OT. Even if the big east was a joke of a conference, that's a huge accomplishment.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
usmcbrooks said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Just going to go ahead and state the obvious. He was left out because of the autograph scandal, being hungover, late and dismissed from the Manning academy. Arrested for underage drinking and alleged "racial" epithets during a fight.....etc, etc.

Edit:

However, he has a Heisman and you can't take that away....(points finger at Reggie Bush.)
Reggie Bush who is low 60's on this list
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Oh well. Maybe he'll make the top 200 list 50 years from now
usmcbrooks
OldShadeOfBlue said:

usmcbrooks said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Edit:

Reggie Bush who is low 60's on this list

Reggie Bush who voluntarily surrendered (stripped of) his Heisman.

Reggie Bush, Ineligible for '05, Returns Heisman. Bush, a former running back at Southern California, was ruled ineligible for the 2005 season after the N.C.A.A. determined that he and his family had accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars in gifts from two California agents while he was in college .

So yeah, these rankings are a bit skewed.
usmcbrooks
Shadow of CuervoAg said:

Johnny was great, but did not stick around long enough.

Cam Newton played one year, your point is invalid.
kb2001
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Johnny's second year was better than his first. The record didn't reflect it because the defense was bad
BostonAg74
Did O.J. make it?
Mr. Nobody
They put Barry Sanders in the top 10... I don't wanna hear that 2 years from Johnny Football wasn't enough.
Ag4coal
kb2001 said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Johnny's second year was better than his first. The record didn't reflect it because the defense was bad
This. Outside of throwing more interceptions, Johnny was even better his second year. He . just looked ugly in the public eye. His numbers were absolutely disgusting and he did it all as a Freshman and Sophomore.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Mort Rainey
Aaron4885 said:

Pretty remarkable since Crow is ON THE LIST
aggiecouch
I heard that if we agree to play sip again ESPN will amend the list
wasntme
I thought Marcus Dupree and Brian Bosworth should have both made the list.
45-70Ag
AG
This wasn't about who had the best season, it was about who had the best college career. Manziels college career was one amazing season followed by one good season. No championships of any kind.
ClassOf17
ESPN also gave Bruce Jenner a courage award.
OldArmyAggie94
AG
I struggle with this list. How do you make a list. My teenager and I were sitting there waiting I listed off a number of the 11. Tebow and Davey OBrien were missing that we're on my list. I said if you have an award named after you you are top10. Most are from the TV/stat era. The pureness of Bo, Barry is good. No modern day stars past 1988. It had too much of a hey what did you do in the NFL too feel. Hard list to make, some good debates and discussions. Johnny Football top 150 not in my top 11.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.