Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Leach to miss state

28,620 Views | 200 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Lateralus Ag
Bryanisbest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great hire for them. Line of scrimmage does not matter quite as much when you go overhead.
Bryanisbest
AG
drevans956 said:

Kiffin, Leach, Pittman, Fisher, Mullen, Stoops, Saban, Munchamp, Smart, Orgeron, Malzahn (Morris), Mason, Drinkwitz, & Pruitt...

Gonna get much more interesting

I'm going to have to call my old high school head coach (Hal Mummie) to see if he will be hired as a consultant!

If Mumme was your head coach you would surely know how to spell his name.
. . .
Lateralus Ag
AG
Wheres the guy that last night was deriding the Zoo for "always bringing up Leach" for a coaching hire even if his name wasn't actually in consideration?

Yea, thay guy was wrong.
bert harbinson
AG
BDub3 said:

Dude just went 6-7 in a pitiful PAC12 and lost to Air Force in a bowl game. Relax.
In his offense, speed kills. He'll find it down south.
vander54
S
gocobra
AG
This is probably the Pirates last hurrah so I expect him to step his game up a notch. Hold onto your butts boys, the ride just got more fun.
ILuvAgLand
Dang, msst won't be a guaranteed win anymore but I think Jimbo will know how to handle him. Whoever wins the sec west should just be called the national champ. Insane
Emilio Fantastico
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

Agryan00 said:

Not again!!!! Leach kicked our but for years at Tech. He was 7-3 against us.

One day years ago, listening to sports radio in Houston, a caller mentioned the Ags had not beat Tech in Lubbock since his daughter was born. The host responded by asking how old his daughter was. His response was 14.

How does that happen?????
the Ags had not beat Tech in Lubbock since his daughter was born.

A&M lost to Tech @ Lubbock in 1995 (1), 1997 (3), 1999 (5), 2001 (7), 2003 (9) , 2005 (11), 2007 (13)

Those losses in the 90's usually had some, shall we say, "interesting" calls by the officials at critical times.
TX_Aggie37
AG
#Mke said:

This is bad. Really bad. Leach dominated us at Tech. MS State is very similar to Tech in a lot of ways. Perennial underdog with upset potential. I trust Jimbo to get our program where it needs to be to dominate Arkie & the Mississippi schools, but this hire just made that task a lot more difficult considering Leach's history at underdog schools.

At least the conference got more exciting, but not sure if that's a good thing for us.
Leach's Tech record vs A&M at the time is absolutely irrelevant and has no bearing whatsoever on how Leach's Mississippi State team will compete against A&M in the SEC.

That said, he is a good coach and will bring in some talent to work with. They will sneak up and get somebody next year, with the potential to build a solid program if he stays there for some time.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Some of you are acting like Fran and Sherman formed to create one human and are still our head coach.

R-E-L-A-X. The fact that he went 8-2 against A&M over a decade ago with completely different coaches and talent has literally nothing to do with how A&M will do against him at Miss. St.

I am very interested to see how this works out, because I just don't see why he would leave Wazzu to go there. However, I ain't worried a bit about Jimbo vs. Leach.
greg.w.h
AG
It's just a guess, but maybe Leach's offense works better with more talent in the middle of the field??

The real question is whether he cares about defense or not. I'd guess he cares more than he used to...
hogfan14
CrottyKid said:

If Arkansas and Miss State swapped rosters, they would both be a better fit for their new coach.
Eh someone may correct me but I would say Briles' system is closer to Morris than it is Leach
CrottyKid
AG
I think you are right about that. For some reason, I was thinking Arky was shifting back to pro-style.
MSU/SECALUM
bert harbinson said:

BDub3 said:

Dude just went 6-7 in a pitiful PAC12 and lost to Air Force in a bowl game. Relax.
His recruiting classes at Wazzu averaged 62 for the past few years State's classes during that time averaged 24.
HoustonAg2106
AG
MSU/SECALUM
MSU/SECALUM said:

bert harbinson said:

BDub3 said:

His recruiting classes at Wazzu averaged 62 for the past few years State's classes during that time averaged 24. Now he has to find a good DC and he'll need to recruit or keep Tony Hughes who knows how to do so in MS.
Dread Pirate Roberts
. . . said:

Have these two ever coached together or just know each other from normal coaching interaction?
91AggieLawyer
AG
BDub3 said:

Give it up. TA is one of the few places where Leach is actually considered a great coach. This is a horrible fit on so many levels -- defense, cultural, and personality in general to name 3. Leach at Mizzou or even Arkansas would have been a little different but in the Deep South?

Out of 55 wins at Wassu, only 20 were against teams with winning records, and 5 of those were against 7 win teams. He himself won just over 7 games a year in a weak conference.

The Ole Miss hire is better. Hell, so is Arkansas, at least long term.
fla_agfan
Bob Harris said:

I loved Leach...when he was 1600 miles away and we never had to play him,

T-H-I-S
iluvpoker
Going to bet the OVER on MSU games this fall. This will look like our 2014-17 teams with less talent.
Post removed:
by user
Hamburger Dan
His team will score points, that's a given. The SEC West just got harder whether you want to believe it or not. I've been around Leach a few times, I'm a fan of what he has done. This and Kiffin hire will help drive Saban crazy.
Agsuffering@bulaw
At tech, I dont remember Leach playing much H-back. Usually he played w 2 wide and 2 slots. Maybe in 2008 he played some ponies b/c he had the horses. It was really 2 RBs, not RB + Hback. I dont remember read/option either, until they got Graham Harrell. Even then, it was maybe a few/game.

I have not watched enough WSU to know his evolution.
big papi
AG
Leach fan boys (and fat bottom girls) FINALLY get the chance to see him in maroon and white!
ABATTBQ11
AG
ironmanag said:

Goodness we have a weak fanbase.

Leach is a career 4 to 8 win coach in fact his average is 6 wins. His glorious record against A&M came against Fran and Sherman.

If that scares you grow a pear.

Did you not read where Sherman was 3-1 against him?
Mr. Black
The Leach experiment at Clanga will be very entertaining to watch! We'll destroy them!
hunter2012
AG
The best part about this is I won't feel compelled to watch Pac-12 games except for the occasion that I want to laugh at Sumlin for old times' sake.
dixichkn
AG
Aggiebrewer said:

Crap

mark the L on the schedule going forward
Seriously?

ILuvAgLand
LaQuica said:

Im jealous he is better than dumbo.

Ok tech boy
West Point Aggie
AG
I just came for the BAS and TA did not disappoint!!!
JoeAggie5
Son of a sailor!

Damn good hire by them.
BTHOB-98
Photoshop of pirate ships off the coast of Mississippi in 3...2....1.....
West Point Aggie
AG
The egg bowl this year is gonna be a ****ing street fight! It will make this year seem like an English tea...
West Point Aggie
AG
LaQuica said:

Im jealous he is better than dumbo.

You're either a troll or a ****ing idiot...either way not a good look!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.