Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If I could go back to Jan 1st I would play again - Jaylon Smith

6,475 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bedmaiston
Onionman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So tired of many people on here every year saying how smart it is for guys to sit out bowl games.

Less than 10 guys out of thousands have had any meaningful injuries in a bowl game that affected their draft position and of those most of them still made loads of money in the nfl. People will point to a few guys that got injured like Jaylon Smith but he still came out fine and made a bunch of $ in the nfl and says he has no regrets playing in the bowl game and would do it again.

Society has become so scared of everything that now football players that play many college games without much of an issue think they suddenly will get hurt in 1 game losing a bunch of money. If bowl games are so meaningless then why did they play in any of the other games? Heck why not sit out the entire year? If you say bowl games don't matter...that is BS...if that is true then once a team loses a couple of games and is out of the national title picture then why don't players sit out the rest of the games?

Bowl games do matter. Loyalty matters. Enjoying the game that you played as a kid matters. If you are projected to go high in the draft and are so scared of getting hurt in 1 game then get insurance and play for your team.

On playing in the bowl game,
"It's important to me because I love football, and to be really honest, my teammates."
- Saquon Barkley

TexanJeff
AG
Do you have a newsletter in which we can subscribe?
MD1993
AG
I buy insurance, not because I think I am going to get suddenly sick today, or injured. I buy just in case.

I wish they all played the bowl games too, but I do not blame them. The risk vs reward is not there for them to play.
Unemployed
AG
TexanJeff said:

Do you have a newsletter in which we can subscribe?
Here you go.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3082720/last

He's so proud of his newsletter that he had to post it twice.
Macarthur
It's easy for him to say now.

Actually, even though he got a nice contract, he still cost himself a ton of money that he will never get back. He was a consensus top 10 pick that year, some even said possible top 5. Go check out the diff in a top 5 pick and a top of the 2nd rounder.

I don't doubt that he means it, but it's awfully easy for him to say with hindsight. I don't have a strong position either way, but I do understand if some want to skip the bowl game.
greg.w.h
AG
Awww...so cute: Aggies setting standards for others when they didn't make the effort to have to make that decision for themselves...

Assuming OP isn't merely a troll that is...
Onionman
MD1993 said:

I buy insurance, not because I think I am going to get suddenly sick today, or injured. I buy just in case.

I wish they all played the bowl games too, but I do not blame them. The risk vs reward is not there for them to play.
Why play at all then? You can end your career playing in any meaningless game. Potential top picks should skip college all together then.
sawthemoffxx
Because then they are not players. You cannot seriously be that stupid
ashley
I agree.
GumboMaverick
Let someone else play that will benefit for next year. Who cares? Really let the kids do what they want.
Post removed:
by user
alamoaggie64
AG
Agree with OP
PacifistAg
AG
People tend to be much more brave with other people's money.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
WR Jeudy from Bama, first round pick, maybe first WR to be taken overall, is going to play in their bowl game....... not quitting on his team.
titanmaster_race
PacifistAg said:

People tend to be much more brave with other people's money.
mccag
S
Bump because it was happier times!
GIG'EM AGS. One Game At A Time!
Bedmaiston
I have already informed my boss that I'm not doing anything until my bailout check hits my account. (The risk is not worth the reward.)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.