Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

25 Scholarships

7,197 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Agsuffering@bulaw
Post removed:
by user
Emilio Fantastico
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes
TexanJeff
AG
Funny you mention it.

There are 9 aggies in the Transfer Portal as I type.

Best of luck to them
vander54
S
If we do end up signing Shepherd our 2020 class will only be 24 or we will be adding one more to the transfer portal.
GumboMaverick
vander54 said:

If we do end up signing Shepherd our 2020 class will only be 24 or we will be adding one more to the transfer portal.
Yes
Sponge
AG
Even if that were true, that's 1+2+1+1
tehmackdaddy
AG
If only there were a thread to track these numbers.
Bill Superman
AG
tehmackdaddy said:

If only there were a thread to track these numbers.

Yes
Johnny Boyziel 2
AG
There probably isn't anyone in the athletic department that considers this stuff. Someone needs to let Jimbo know, so that we can avoid getting some sort of violation.
Post removed:
by user
amercer
AG
All A&M said:

Johnny Boyziel 2 said:

There probably isn't anyone in the athletic department that considers this stuff. Someone needs to let Jimbo know, so that we can avoid getting some sort of violation.
I know Jimbo has a plan; I'm just curious because I thought we would have more in the transfer portal at this point.

We don't have to worry about the math until fall camp starts. So maybe a couple more guys transfer after spring ball?
Agsuffering@bulaw
Nothing Wrong with Wanting to Understand a Process.

5 seniors leaving

1Medical: V. Jackson, hopefully nobody else
1Draft: Madabuike, hopefully nobody else

7 Portal:

Kibodi
Prince
Beal
Horry
Diesch
B. Johnson
Reynolds

Need 11

Obvious Candidates:

Blumrick
Paul
R. Anderson
G. Reed
Okeke
Tucker
Fuller

Less Obvious (I claim no inside knowledge)

Foster
C. Richardson
Hez. Jones
Kendrick Rogers
Camron Buckley
Hansford
Renfro

Foster could be buried behind younger Calzada. Would probably make sense to stay another year and graduate, but who knows?

Richardson is unlikely, but if we end up with Evans, does he see the writing on the wall?

Hezekiah is a real question b/c only coaches saw him in practice before injury. My guess is he leaves b/c the WR position is just too crowded.

I think Rogers probably stays, but would not be surprised if Ainias beats him out in spring ball.

Buckly was solid for us, but he needs to go somewhere he can start.

Hansford has 1 year left and could start somewhere. Wouldnt be surprised if he goes.

Renfro also has 1 year left and could start somewhere.

There will probably be a surprise or 2 as well.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
McCollom has graduated and supposedly his injury issue is his back. Could he be a possible medical retirement?

That would suck because he is one of our best Oline.
NicosMachine
AG
vander54 said:

Shepherd has to sit out a year. I suspect we would tell him to sit out and we will sign him as part of the 2021 class. Why sign him to a tight 2020 class when he has to sit out a year?
Aston04
AG
Because he wants to attend a&m now? And another year in our program will help him be ready for 2021? And we will be "tight" on 25 scholarships basically every year (also next year's line class in state is stacked)...
Matsui
AG
He isn't going to sit out a full year. We would want him in the program, for sure.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

Shepherd has to sit out a year. I suspect we would tell him to sit out and we will sign him as part of the 2021 class. Why sign him to a tight 2020 class when he has to sit out a year?

He probably wouldnt agree to grayshirt at a juco., and we would rather be in charge of his development. We want him used to running Jimbo's stuff.
vander54
S
Matsui said:

He isn't going to sit out a full year. We would want him in the program, for sure.

So he will be eligible immediately?
AWP 97
AG
Can we get a tu baseball player to make a racial slur towards him? That seems to do the trick.
Agsuffering@bulaw
He must sit in 2020. Jimbo must be willing to make the investment.
Bill Superman
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

He must sit in 2020. Jimbo must be willing to make the investment.

Transfer portal allows way around that now. It's not confirmed until the reason why is heard
Aggiejackie
we are getting shepherd, he is signing in feb. I know dis fo' a fact.
Texas Yarddog
AG
Bill Superman said:

Transfer portal allows way around that now. It's not confirmed until the reason why is heard

Also depends on which team picks him up. Some teams are more equal than others.
A New Hope
Aggiejackie said:

we are getting shepherd, he is signing in feb. I know dis fo' a fact.
I heard the same thing.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

True. But do you really think an SEC program will win an appeal with the NCAA against the sips? And supposedly they have tightened the rules to where they only allow a transfer when the first program pushes the player out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.