Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

More Dan Mullen NFL smoke

7,110 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by psybj
pv
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MyComputerCareer said:

https://247sports.com/Article/Dan-Mullen-Dallas-Cowboys-coach-job-candidates-Jason-Garrett-Jerry-Jones-Florida-Gators-football-140327567/

From other board. Hope we make sure our Florida recruits know this.
John Francis Donaghy
What he's saying is nobody has called him, and he hasn't even thought about it. But they're twisting his words to make the headline they want.
technoviking
AG
Would be great news for keeping Donell Harris
GSPag`
Sumlin and his agent come immediately to mind.

Glad those years have passed.
Agsncws
AG
Makes a lot of sense in a lot of ways. Only outstanding question: Is Dan Mullen stupid enough to work for Jerrah?
Ag4coal
Would be weird to jump ship on amazing job 2 years in. I know the NFL pays but that's one hell of a risk considering the ownership that he'd be working for.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Crazier things have happened, but the man has never played or coached in the NFL. Not even as an analyst. The college coaches who make it in the NFL typically at least coached a position in the league at some point.

Mullen should have given the pat answer "I have not spoken with anyone from the NFL about jobs."
psybj
would love to see him out of SEC, esp since my LSU TIGERS play UF every year.
psybj
rgag12
AG
I just don't buy the cowboys going out on a limb for a good, but not great college coach.

Mullen has won NOTHING. Jerry Jones 90% of the time is all about making a big splash. Getting Mullen would be like throwing a pebble in the ocean.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
rgag12 said:

Jerry Jones 90% of the time is all about making a big splash. Getting Mullen would be like throwing a pebble in the ocean.
Jason Garrett was never even close to a splash hire.

All Jerry Jones cares about is hiring a lackey.
technoviking
AG
psybj said:

What's your thought on life without Burrow next year?
rgag12
AG
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

rgag12 said:

Jerry Jones 90% of the time is all about making a big splash. Getting Mullen would be like throwing a pebble in the ocean.
Jason Garrett was never even close to a splash hire.

All Jerry Jones cares about is hiring a lackey.

Knowing the Garrett we all love now we think he wasn't a splash. But Jason Garrett 10 years ago was the hot name that every NFL team wanted because of his offense. Jerry was feeling so much heat that he ****ed Wade Phillips and made Jason head coach in waiting.

Laughable to think now yes, but at the time Garrett was a big deal.
StrykerAg
AG
Mullen to Cowboys. Urban Meyer to Florida.
BMX Bandit
Garrett being hired as head coach was viewed as a good choice.

In no way was it a big deal or remotely close to a splash hire
Nebules
AG
Jurrah should stay clear of Mullen. He's the only Gators fb coach not to win the East Division in their second year since 1986.
psybj
<<What's your thought on life without Burrow next year?>>

Will of course miss a beat. Games @ UF, @ AU & @ Tamu, plus Sips & bama, difficult w/o him.

Replacement will go thru his 4th Spring, has stronger arm and quicker release than Burrow, but nobody soon will replace his accuracy, pocket awareness and judgement. I saw the kid lite it up in a scrimmage, was as effective as Burrow (80%), has great potential, but we know what potential means, "He ain't done it yet."

Plenty other talent at QB but none known to be ready.

10-2 is a reasonable expectation IMO.
psybj
TXTransplant
rgag12 said:

I just don't buy the cowboys going out on a limb for a good, but not great college coach.

Mullen has won NOTHING. Jerry Jones 90% of the time is all about making a big splash. Getting Mullen would be like throwing a pebble in the ocean.

Mullen found and mentored/coached Dak Prescott. I'm sure that has something to do with any interest (if it's real).
neAGle96
AG
Harris needs to hear about this
dixichkn
AG
^^^ I'm sure he knew before we did........
Buford T. Justice
AG
No chance in my opinion.
Urb Byrnes his bridge into the swamp.
ashley
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Crazier things have happened, but the man has never played or coached in the NFL. Not even as an analyst. The college coaches who make it in the NFL typically at least coached a position in the league at some point.

Mullen should have given the pat answer "I have not spoken with anyone from the NFL about jobs."

Jimmy Johnson& Barry Switzer say hello.
NyAggie
AG
Mullen does not strike me as an nfl guy

Just can't see him making that offense work in the nfl

He'd have to change some things up for sure so that the offense didn't pivot around the QB run
Heisenberg01
AG
psybj said:

?itemid=15204049
Aggies2009
AG
ashley said:

Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Two coaches.

What part of "typically" escaped you?
ashley
Aggies2009 said:

ashley said:

Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Two coaches.

What part of "typically" escaped you?

Just reminding you.
LEJ
On her . Not clear.
dylan
Don't think there's anything to it but Mullen doesn't appear to like or excel at recruiting. NFL could be a draw for those reasons. Just seems more of a way for him to up his contract. Doubt he's even in Jerry's mind.
psybj
<<<Mullen does not strike me as an nfl guy
Just can't see him making that offense work in the nfl
He'd have to change some things up for sure so that the offense didn't pivot around the QB run>>>

Mullen is IMO the second best coach in SEC at this time -- judgement on Orgeron must wait to see how much of his success is due to Burrow. His weakness is not being an elite recruiter, something that NFL don't need.

IMO he would be an excellent NFL coach but maybe too smart to work for JJ.

Sure hope he goes, need him out of the SEC.
psybj
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.