Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Who signs that's not currently committed?

10,447 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 98WFSCAG
98WFSCAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've heard rumblings about at least one of our 20 not making grades. Right now we're at 20, which leaves room for 5 more. Name your five...six....

Antonio Doyle
EJ Smith
Dontae Manning
McKinnley Jackson
Ronald Williams
Javon Shepard
dixichkn
AG
You kinda missed a pretty big name there......
Heisenberg01
AG
Replace Smith with Zach Evans.
98WFSCAG
AG
I'll put my disclaimer that I don't know crap but I want to, hence my post. Evans was a huge hope but I just haven't seen enough to convince me.
ironmanag
AG
Doyle
Smith
Jackson
Shepard
Cooper
Burns (Other CB prospects are looking elsewhere so Burns now has a spot)
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Tamu_mgm
AG
ironmanag said:

Doyle
Smith
Jackson
Shepard
Cooper
Only edit I would make:

Doyle
Smith / Evans
Jackson
Shepard
Cooper

Do we have room for 2 LBs in Doyle and Cooper? Would love it, but just thought we had room for 1 LB.
ironmanag
AG
I am not counting Evans.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
dixichkn
AG
Nor am I. Which is why Smith/Evans is appropriate
technoviking
AG
98WFSCAG said:

Antonio Doyle
Zachary Evans
EJ Smith*
Dontae Manning
McKinnley Jackson
Ronald Williams
Javon Shepard
Edgerrin Cooper
Major Burns
Braeden Mowry

*if Evans goes to LSU
98WFSCAG
AG
Good point on Mowry
ironmanag
AG
Mowry is already committed.
Tamu_mgm
AG
We may have another spot open for a DT with freakin' Auburn going after Dallas Walker (DT) this past month - he's been on campus there twice recently.
ironmanag
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

We may have another spot open for a DT with freakin' Auburn going after Dallas Walker (DT) this past month - he's been on campus there twice recently.
He is here this weekend and has already reaffirmed his commit to the point the Auburn fans have accused us of cheating,

Let that sink in. Auburn accusing anyone of cheating. #CamNewton.
Slamn Sharpe
Forget about Evans. He ain't coming here
Wabs
AG
So is EJ Smith going to wait until Evans announces his commitment? He probably won't do that until Jan/Feb....
technoviking
AG
ironmanag said:

He's not listed as a 2020 commit
ironmanag
AG
technoviking said:

ironmanag said:

Because he is a 2019 recruit that winn enroll in January He is already counted in the 20.
Tamu_mgm
AG
technoviking said:

ironmanag said:

Doesn't matter - he'll count against the 85 when he enrolls in January.

https://texags.com/s/34116/long-time-aggie-de-commit-braedon-mowry-to-enroll-at-am-in-january
Tamu_mgm
AG
ironmanag said:

Tamu_mgm said:

He is here this weekend and has already reaffirmed his commit to the point the Auburn fans have accused us of cheating,

When and how did he reaffirm his commitment? I'm just curious, I hadn't seen anything
technoviking
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

ironmanag said:

Tamu_mgm said:

When and how did he reaffirm his commitment? I'm just curious, I hadn't seen anything

It's true. Nothing public

It happened around the same time that Ellison was cut loose
beerad12man
AG
My guess is we have 7 more. We have 20 right now. We drop a grade risk, greyshirt an injured guy to get back to 18.

Mowry and Shepherd take 2 of those 7 and put us back at 20.

Then Doyle, Cooper, Burns, Evans, and one more. The one more is the biggest unknown. Maybe shoot for the stars with McKinnley Jackson, or get another pure cover corner. Or if we can't get either of them, maybe Omar Manning as a best available type.

Somewhere my list will likely change, but this is the way I see it trending now.
Aggies1322
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Forget about Evans. He ain't coming here

Weird.. Texags mods, LSU mods, and national insiders disagree.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
98WFSCAG said:

I've heard rumblings about at least one of our 20 not making grades. Right now we're at 20, which leaves room for 5 more. Name your five...six....

Antonio Doyle YES
EJ Smith 50/50
Dontae Manning Not likely at all right now
McKinnley Jackson 50/50
Ronald Williams NO - ship has sailed
Javon Shepard - YES

I think there's a good chance we're looking at a close out of:

Shepherd
Mowry
EJ Smith (Evans I think will still go LSU he just wasnt ready to shut it down this week)
Major Burns
Antonoio Doyle
Edgerrin Cooper
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Wabs said:

So is EJ Smith going to wait until Evans announces his commitment? He probably won't do that until Jan/Feb....

Evans is expected to send in his LOI this coming Wed. He's hoping to send in his LOI but then keep it under wraps until the all-star game. But yes, the prevailing thought seems to be that EJ Smith is waiting on Evans to decide his spot before making his own decision.

TAMU74
AG
Does anyone know between Smith and Evans who the coaching staff really wants the most?
98WFSCAG
AG
I think they love both and would be excited about either
98WFSCAG
AG
I think they love both and would be excited about either
Agvet12
AG
Evans
Doyle
Burns / George / Williams
Cooper (* non committable offer from LSU at the moment - no space)
Jackson (* lose Dallas walker to Auburn)
Mowry
Sheppard

Edit: if we lose Buckley/Rogers/Q to transfers and the draft we sign Omar Manning
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

98WFSCAG said:

Antonio Doyle YES
EJ Smith 50/50
McKinnley Jackson 50/50
Javon Shepard - YES

Shepherd
Mowry
EJ Smith or Evans
Major Burns
Antonoio Doyle
Edgerrin Cooper

What happened with Manning? Weren't we the favorite forever?
mm42
We just have to hang onto Morris and Diggs. Nervous on those two.

Doyle
Burns
Cooper
Evan's or Smith
Shepard
Maybe Jackson
Pumpkinhead
AG
98WFSCAG said:

Antonio Doyle
EJ Smith
Dontae Manning
McKinnley Jackson
Ronald Williams
Javon Shepard
I listened to Looch, Jason, and Brauny on TexAgs radio today. Their take on some of the guys that you mentioned above (and more).

They feel really good about Antonio Doyle (he announces in the afternoon on Monday). Another LB recruit they are also still working on who is a possibility is OU decommit Edgerrin Cooper.

They don't feel good about either Dontae Manning (seems to be trending to OU) or Ronald Williams (looks like going to Bama). Those two seem pretty unlikely now at this point.

Jimbo, Elko, and other assistant coaches made a strong push and did an in-home in Baton Rouge with defensive back Major Burns who just go 'processed' by LSU. Major Burns will be an early signee and things will thus do down quick there. Georgia is also trying to get him.

McKinnley Jackson still a possibility but will be a late signee in February. So still a lot of time there for that to play out.

Javon Shepard still looking like a strong possibility.

All three of the running backs (Evans, Smith, and Ngata) are still in play.

Feel good about holding on to Donnell Harris as long as he shows up for OV this weekend.

--- My latest guess on what will happen to fill out class (based on Impressions from what they said on Radio today)

- 1 of the three RBs (Evans, Smith, or Ngata)
- Antonio Doyle
- Javon Shepard (transfer who is going to take up a spot)
- Major Burns and/or Edgerrin Cooper

And then they will hold at least one spot open for late signing period (McKinnley Jackson being the key target)
ironmanag
AG
Burns is going to Georgia this weekend according to his social media. You can cross him off.
Pumpkinhead
AG
ironmanag said:

Burns is going to Georgia this weekend according to his social media. You can cross him off.
My impression is it will come down to A&M or Georgia and he obviously is already very familiar with the A&M staff and College Station, so made sense that he needs to hit Georgia before making a final call. I don't think him going to Georgia this weekend means 'cross him off'. The kid needs to visit Georgia to gather as much input as possible before making a decision. Now, they may end up getting him, but I don't think him going to Georgia means they have closed the deal.
technoviking
AG
hennyj15 said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

98WFSCAG said:

Antonio Doyle YES
EJ Smith 50/50
McKinnley Jackson 50/50
Javon Shepard - YES

Shepherd
Mowry
EJ Smith or Evans
Major Burns
Antonoio Doyle
Edgerrin Cooper

What happened with Manning? Weren't we the favorite forever?

mm42
Ole Miss claiming Morris just flipped. If true. Ouch. Can we please have an OT, not a guard, an honest to God tackle.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.