Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Madubuike declares

10,198 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by twodognight
Ifishandlie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We'll miss that guy.
HossAg
AG
Good luck to him. And for everyone in here that wants to dog on him for not playing the bowl, just don't. Nothing wrong with his decision.
Post removed:
by user
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Definitely wanted to see him in Maroon for one more game, but I'll settle for seeing him on Sundays instead. Go get em Justin. Gig 'em!
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Duplicate
zephyr88
AG
Well, that flips the spread in favor of Okie LIte
HossAg
AG
zephyr88 said:

Wut. Are you just forgetting that they're not gonna have their QB or Chuba Hubbard?
vander54
S
zephyr88 said:

Dumb
World's worst proofreader
Matsui
AG
Good luck to him. He deserves it.
jeffdjohnson
That is a smart choice. Save just a few years of those NFL checks and you are set for life. That can't be risked over the Texas Bowl.
AggieBlu
AG
Good for him. I wish him well at the next level!
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
HossAg
AG
BrotherChad said:

A real teammate would've played for the team he's one now, not the one he wants to be on in the future.

Shut up Chad. There's millions of dollars on the line. He doesn't owe anyone anything, especially for a meaningless bowl game. I'm sure his teammates support his decision.
Mr.Bond
AG
What's his projected round? 3? 4?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MouthBQ98
AG
Wish he would stay, can't blame him for going. Shame he seems to be skipping the bowl, but at least that lets the guys playing get all the practice reps.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Declaring is the smart play for him. I wish he would play in the bowl.
ironmanag
AG
With Peevey, Brown, Leal, Rogers, Jones, and Hunter I think we will be just fine.

Infact Peevey and Brown are beasts.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Houstonag
AG
He should play. It is a matter of honor and personal commitment. Bring it on.
agryan12
AG
Have you asked his teammates?
HossAg
AG
What a stupid take.
Joe Exotic
AG
HossAg said:

BrotherChad said:

A real teammate would've played for the team he's one now, not the one he wants to be on in the future.

Shut up Chad. There's millions of dollars on the line. He doesn't owe anyone anything, especially for a meaningless bowl game. I'm sure his teammates support his decision.

Agreed. He should have sat out after the Bama game if he were smart.
vander54
S
Houstonag said:

He should play. It is a matter of honor and personal commitment. Bring it on.

Youre right. He should play for our entertainment. Who cares if he suffers a career ending injury in a game that is largely for the fans.

That was sarcasm
Doc Hayworth
HossAg said:

zephyr88 said:

Wut. Are you just forgetting that they're not gonna have their QB or Chuba Hubbard?
Where are you hearing that?
Last I saw, their QB had hand surgery and is a possibility to play and Gundy expects Hubbard to be there.
ghowe
AG
HossAg said:

BrotherChad said:

Were the games against TX St, Lamar, UTSA... or for that matter any of the rest any more meaningful?

I hate to say this out loud but I tend to agree with Chad.
Toptierag2018
HossAg said:

Good luck to him. And for everyone in here that wants to dog on him for not playing the bowl, just don't. Nothing wrong with his decision.

Nothing wrong with it but Clemson had multiple 1st-3rd round caliber defensive linemen return for their senior year when they went 15-0 last year.

The haves and have nots
P.U.T.U
AG
ghowe said:

Were the games against TX St, Lamar, UTSA... or for that matter any of the rest any more meaningful?

They were a regular season game and with the current way they rank teams they were meaningful. This is a bowl game that at the end of the day means nothing. The players receive the same gifts and the schools both get paid. If he gets hurt he chances losing millions. It is not about honor it is about a career that after 3 years you are set for life.
knoxtom
Toptierag2018 said:

HossAg said:

Nothing wrong with it but Clemson had multiple 1st-3rd round caliber defensive linemen return for their senior year when they went 15-0 last year.

The haves and have nots

You know... there is a little difference with the Clemson players when they are playing for a national championship and we are playing to go 8-5 again in the Texas Bowl.

You guys a such freaking drama queens, "he needs to stay for honor and commitment". Whatever, what honor and commitment is there going for your 3rd consecutive 8-5 season in the honorable Texas Bowl.

Good luck Mad Man. Hope you have a long career in the NFL and make a bunch of money.
Mr.Bond
AG
Genuinely our season was completely over after Bama loss...... Why not just sit out the rest of the season at that point?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Ifishandlie
AG
I want to win that game as badly as anyone. However, after seeing what happened to Tua I'm ok with the big man sitting out.

It'll give some much needed experience to younger players. We'll be ok
Czechs Out 03
AG
Looking back on his high school career, I see they were never serious contenders to win state. Not sure why he ever played at all.
Houstonag
AG
Pride, honor, duty etc. Why even play this year at all? He was good last year. He could have been hurt against the lessor teams. Those games mean nothing. Just get big and practice in your back yard and see if an agent picks you up. Not likely.

It is the various college scholarships that gave a player the opportunity. Without that a player has nothing.
HossAg
AG
Such a dumb way to look at it. The scholarships don't make him the player he is. The scholarships just let him go to the classes he's being forced to go to for free while he plays for the school without collecting a dime. Quit acting like these top tier players are being done a favor by being "given an education". They don't need it.
Sbisa Chef
merch
Good luck to him. Love the way this guy plays.
I think he would be better off staying another year though.
Lateralus Ag
AG
P.U.T.U said:

ghowe said:

They were a regular season game and with the current way they rank teams they were meaningful. This is a bowl game that at the end of the day means nothing. The players receive the same gifts and the schools both get paid. If he gets hurt he chances losing millions. It is not about honor it is about a career that after 3 years you are set for life.

Generally speaking your average American wouldn't be set for life. The "average" is lower for an NFL player. Much lower.

Post removed:
by user
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.