Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bankhead

8,984 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by NyAggie
vander54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
He was the only offensive lineman up for offensive player of the year at Houston's TD Club and he is only a composite 3 star. In fact he is the #597 player in the nation.

This kid is going to be special.

World's worst proofreader
vander54
S
Achane won the award if anyone is interested, beat out Evans.

redjalapeno-87
Was watching film on Bankhead from this year. He is a mauler with good upper body strength. Quick feet for a big man. Good balance while throwing kids around like rag dolls, then falls on their bodies like a ton of lead. I think he likes dishing out the pain. Good prospect.
cevans_40
AG
Bankhead's ranking is comical. Dude is a stud but didn't do the camp thing and as was solid to A&M early on, thus no stars. He is going to be good.
HunterAggie
cevans_40 said:

Bankhead's ranking is comical. Dude is a stud but didn't do the camp thing and as was solid to A&M early on, thus no stars. He is going to be good.
Looking forward to Mr. Bankhead being an important and productive part of the 2021 OL for A&M.
Indignitas
AG

Token
AG
Indignitas said:

this man gets it
vander54
S
cevans_40 said:

I know, he hasn't even reported other offers he has been 100% A&M from day 1.
A is A
AG
Token said:

Indignitas said:

this man gets it
New Kyle Field intro song?
TMartin
Mark Passwaters mentioned Bankhead as one of about three Aggie recruits that will not get their deserved ranking.
Sq 12 Ag
AG

He also happens to be a really good person. My daughter has been good friends with him since their freshman year in high school. She always mentions how nice and kind he is. I'm really excited for him.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Hopefully, the 'nice and kind' part is only off the field.
Sq 12 Ag
AG
As an Aggie fan I hear you. From what opposing coaches in our district have said about him, I'm not worried at all about his demeanor on the field. As a father, I was more concerned about what kind of person he is off the field.
SMG
AG
Is he an upgrade to our current talent on the OL? That's all I care about.

I'm sure he is a nice kid, and it's great he wants to be an Aggie. But does he upgrade our talent?
Sq 12 Ag
AG
Only time will tell if he is an upgrade or not. Apparently our staff thinks so or they would not have offered him. Recruiting is never an exact science. I worked in the athletic department many years ago. We had some poor character players on the team. We had 6'4" 225 lbs players that went to bars on the weekends to pick fights with regular students and beat them to a pulp. We had one player that stabbed someone on weekend in Bryan. Many of these players left the team for various reasons and I believe we were better off with them gone. I felt the same way as high school coach. As far as not caring about the character of a recruit, I wholeheartedly disagree.
AgEng06
AG
Token said:

Indignitas said:

this man gets it
cevans_40
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

Hopefully, the 'nice and kind' part is only off the field.

He's trying to get laid. Of course he is being nice.
vander54
S
SeanG512 said:

Is he an upgrade to our current talent on the OL? That's all I care about.

I'm sure he is a nice kid, and it's great he wants to be an Aggie. But does he upgrade our talent?

Yes
4kADay
cevans_40, your last statement is inappropriate yet I'm dying laughing.
ironmanag
AG
Dude is a beast. A mauler. Exactly what we need.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Sq 12 Ag
AG
Million
Sq 12 Ag said:

Only time will tell if he is an upgrade or not. Apparently our staff thinks so or they would not have offered him. Recruiting is never an exact science. I worked in the athletic department many years ago. We had some poor character players on the team. We had 6'4" 225 lbs players that went to bars on the weekends to pick fights with regular students and beat them to a pulp. We had one player that stabbed someone on weekend in Bryan. Many of these players left the team for various reasons and I believe we were better off with them gone. I felt the same way as high school coach. As far as not caring about the character of a recruit, I wholeheartedly disagree.

Specifically, what players are you referring to?
NyAggie
AG
Starting to see a pattern under jimbo;

Aniaias Smith
Wydermeyer
Bankhead
Achane
Etc....

Kids that are extremely underrated by the services but are exceptional players

Jimbo knows talent
InMyOpinion
Sq 12 Ag said:

He also happens to be a really good person. My daughter has been good friends with him since their freshman year in high school. She always mentions how nice and kind he is. I'm really excited for him.

Heard similar comments the other day. Said he is like 2 different people on / off the field. Nice, Respectful off the field but a beast who wants to punish people on the field.
GigEmTx
InMyOpinion said:

Heard similar comments the other day. Said he is like 2 different people on / off the field. Nice, Respectful off the field but a beast who wants to punish people on the field.
I like him already.
mustang1234
must be a beast. very few OL ever nominated for it. i think only OL to win it was Alan Faneca who is a semi finalist for the NFL HOF this year
ironmanag
AG
Disn't Kenyon Green win it last year?
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Watch his highlight film:

https://247sports.com/Video/Josh-Bankhead-College-Park-2019-senior-season-highlights-9525252/

Bankhead has a mean streak. When he gets his hands on the guy across from him then that dude gets pancaked. Big, strong, and nasty.

Sq 12 Ag
AG
I am not going to name them directly, but one was from Aldine and one was from Deer Park.
Sq 12 Ag
AG
4kADay said:

I can only hope that he has a daughter one day.
TexanJeff
AG
Have you seen Achane's highlight reel?

If he is being underrated, I question the whole process of recruiting rankings. LOL
cevans_40
AG
Sq 12 Ag said:

4kADay said:

I can only hope that he has a daughter one day.

I have 2. What's that old saying, with sons you only have to worry about one dick, with daughters you have to worry about a thousand.
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

Have you seen Achane's highlight reel?

If he is being underrated, I question the whole process of recruiting rankings. LOL

Yep

He has a 5 star highlight reel but is only a low 4 star

Even ranked where he is, he is way underrated

Kid is going to make a 5 star contribution at the college level and if his height/size is what is keeping him from 5 star status then that's criminal

TexanJeff
AG
It's like 10 minutes of just Touchdowns in 5A Houston Ball!

I looked at 247 and the top guy 5star out of VA is 5-10 and 179.

Apparently 1 inch and 9 lbs make the difference...
NyAggie
AG
Lol that 1 inch and 9 lbs must be it

It's just crazy how some players can be completely misranked

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.