Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Are y'all concerned about Ole Miss hiring Kiffin?

10,542 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Hamburger Dan
JaySugar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was feeling really good about Ole Miss becoming irrelevant with Matt Luke. But now with the Kiffin hire, I'm wondering if the SEC West is going to be that much tougher.
PneumAg
No.
vander54
S
Why should we be worried?
World's worst proofreader
TAMUallen
AG
Concerned that ole miss might be decent again and recruit like Clemson? Yes, a tad bit.

History doesn't favor Kiffin though
psybj
Worried? Should ask OM fans about that. He threatens no one but them.
psybj
Agsuffering@bulaw
We have so many advantages. IF we cant beat them with Kiffin or anybody else, we dont deserve to.
BQ_90
AG
Only ones need to worry are those with daughters currently enrolled students Ole Miss
cevans_40
AG
It's kept me up at night.
milner79
cevans_40 said:

It's kept me up at night.
Excessive hair loss here.
TAMC11
AG
Not yet
JaySugar
I don't think he's going to make them a top 5 program. But I think he'll recruit at a higher level than Matt Luke. And beating them, similar to when they had Freeze, will be tougher.
CostanzaWallet
AG
JaySugar said:

I was feeling really good about Ole Miss becoming irrelevant with Matt Luke. But now with the Kiffin hire, I'm wondering if the SEC West is going to be that much tougher.

They are definitely gonna crank the recruiting cheating back up to hugh freeze era levels

We'll see if lane can coach em up as well as hugh did
Pumpkinhead
AG
CostanzaWallet said:

JaySugar said:

They are definitely gonna crank the recruiting cheating back up to hugh freeze era levels

Having Literally just come out of the Freeze mess, not convinced their admin will just willingly look the other way And risk immediately getting back into hot water again.

Right now Ole Miss has a 2020 recruiting class ranked #39th nationally with not a single 4 or 5 star. If in 2021 they suddenly jump up into the top-10 landing 5-stars like in the Freeze era then let me know.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
I was more worried rich rod would get the job
Eric Forman
AG
Its Ole Miss... that place is loaded with hotties. There's no way he'll be able to fully concentrate on the foozball.
Ag Tag
Ole Miss is of no consequence to us.
TXTransplant
The longest tenure of any coach at Ole Miss since 1995 is 6 years (David Cutcliffe, who also had Eli Manning). Freeze lasted 4, but was caught up in recruiting scandals almost that entire time. The rest of them (Orgeron, Nutt, and Luke) lasted 2-3 years before being fired. Tuberville resigned for the Auburn job after 3.

Out of those 25 games, we (we being Mississippi State) won 13. Ole Miss had to vacate two of their wins. Three of our losses came at the transition from Sherrill to Croom. If we can beat them, so can you.

Supposedly, half the team walked out of the room when they were told Luke was fired, and Orgeron called Kiffin and told him the job wasn't a good fit.

I give Kiffin 3 years, assuming he can stay away from Sorority Row.
TMF
AG
If we are worried and can't beat him then we hired the wrong coach.
ABATTBQ11
AG
"Welcome to Ole Miss. Get you a burner phone."
Ag_EE_88
AG
We've outrecruited Ole Miss for awhile. According to the logic that has been applied to our own team, it would take at least 3 years to catch up to us in our recruiting level so that they would have upper classmen as good as ours. Not worried. </texags>
aTm2004
AG
It's a little different winning championships with a roster full of 2 and 3 stars when you're playing against 2 and 3 stars. Ole Miss will get the occasional 5 star, but he's going to be taking a roster of mostly 3 and some 4 stars up against teams that get more 5 stars in a year than Ole Piss will in his entire tenure.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Nope; nothing I can do one way or the other
jrgypsum
Hell no - the guy sketch AF.

He won't be there long one way or the other.
"He's like a rabbit back there — a rabbit on steroids," Miller said of Michael. "And he's got speed like a cheetah. He's like a hybrid mutant running back."
Barnyard96
AG
My daughter is not there so no.
WC94
AG
Kiffin is Herman's creepy twin brother separated at birth.
CostanzaWallet
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

CostanzaWallet said:

JaySugar said:

Having Literally just come out of the Freeze mess, not convinced their admin will just willingly look the other way And risk immediately getting back into hot water again.

Right now Ole Miss has a 2020 recruiting class ranked #39th nationally with not a single 4 or 5 star. If in 2021 they suddenly jump up into the top-10 landing 5-stars like in the Freeze era then let me know.

Kiffin and Freeze have already been spotted together in Oxford plottin

It's about to be raining 10K poker chips in Mississippi again

Double Diamond
I'd be worried. Kiffin will recruit. And Kiffin isn't the poor coach many think he is. Was tough in his lone year at Tennessee. And was actually pretty solid at USC. Had totally takin FAU up a bunch.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
With all our wondrous superior talent and coaching and special magnificence, we've beat them by:

3 in 2012 with Johnny Manziel
3 in 2013 with Johnny Manziel
lost by 20 in 2015
7 in 2017
14 in 2018
7 in 2019

Now they're getting arguably one of the greatest offensive minds in football today. They are one of the teams we count as an automatic win every year in our quest to rise up past the big boys in the West. They just significantly upgraded. I'm not worried, but the football program sure should be.
aggiehawg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

With all our wondrous superior talent and coaching and special magnificence, we've beat them by:

lost by 20 in 2015
7 in 2017
14 in 2018
7 in 2019

Now they're getting arguably one of the greatest offensive minds in football today. They are one of the teams we count as an automatic win every year in our quest to rise up past the big boys in the West. They just significantly upgraded. I'm not worried, but the football program sure should be.
Three words: John Rhys Plumlee.

Kiffin will have his Johnny Manziel from Day One. Guy is athletic, elusive and major dual threat QB. With the right coaching of his supporting cast, O-line and receivers, they will have a very potent offense that is not that easy to defend.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Double Diamond said:

I'd be worried. Kiffin will recruit. And Kiffin isn't the poor coach many think he is. Was tough in his lone year at Tennessee. And was actually pretty solid at USC. Had totally takin FAU up a bunch.
Technically, you should be 'worried' about any other opponent in the SEC except I guess maybe Vandy. But there are degrees of 'worry'.

For me, I'm much more concerned about consistently competing with Bama, LSU, and Auburn in the SEC West than the Miss schools or Arkansas. A&M has a lot of inherent advantages over the Miss schools and Arkansas in terms of size, geography, and financial resources such that we'll probably finish above them more years than not. Could we lose games to those schools?...sure...but over time Texas A&M should win the majority of games versus of them as we have the past 8 seasons. But any advantages compared to Bama, LSU, and Auburn are slim to none.

Pumpkinhead
AG
aggiehawg said:

MuckRaker96 said:

lost by 20 in 2015
7 in 2017
14 in 2018
7 in 2019

Three words: John Rhys Plumlee.

Kiffin will have his Johnny Manziel from Day One. Guy is athletic, elusive and major dual threat QB. With the right coaching of his supporting cast, O-line and receivers, they will have a very potent offense that is not that easy to defend.
Plumlee couldn't throw very well though. He was so inconsistent at it, that they had to use a two-QB system shuffling that other 'throwing' QB in for many of the pass plays. Definitely a dangerous runner, but seems like he is going to have to significantly improve his passing accuracy otherwise the better defenses will much more easily be able to game plan against him.

Johnny was a really good passer in addition to runner. Plumlee wasn't even an adequate passer last year, which is why they had to keep swapping him out on obvious pass plays for that other QB.
AggieBlu
AG
Why worry! We have Jimbo! Duh!
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
Fightin_Aggie
AG
I'm just happy has heck that's Kiffin's Korner will be back!

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/vu19qt/tosh-0-kiffin-s-krimson-korner-2

Lane is a stupid name
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
TonySoprano
He has the potential to be a problem for us. Can recruit well and there's no doubt he's a good play caller.
FCBlitz
Don't care.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.