Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Future Opponent- CU Buffs

6,526 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Infection_Ag11
SoTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They have now had two receivers declare early for the draft in Shenault and Nixon. Will be breaking in a new qb also on a bad offense. I still remember the Ags finding new ways to lose to the Buffs in the bdf days. Hope they wander in the desert for a bit longer.
HunterAggie
Colorado Buffaloes went 4 - 8 this past season.

They are slated to graduate 14 seniors - 7 starters on offense (including their QB as you pointed out) while only 4 players on defense.

The Buffs should not be expected to win more than 5-6 games in 2020 (probably less) so it appears these are not the Colorado teams of the past - so a very little chance to upset A&M next Fall IMHO.

I would project A&M to be 3 - 0 (including a victory at home against Colorado) when they play their first SEC game against Arkansas at the end of September.
OrygunAg
AG
Haha, you said arkansas. We all still have BAS from Slocum going to boulder and flushing a potential national title run down the toilet.
Aggie
AG
OrygunAg said:

Haha, you said arkansas. We all still have BAS from Slocum going to boulder and flushing a potential national title run down the toilet.

Yeah because that 1995 Colorado team wasn't any good right?
chipotle
I remember all those years we were supposed to beat colorado. Suppose to.
Agsuffering@bulaw
2000 was brutal. Hot garbage but we found a way to lose. People who pine for the great ol RC days should remember that one.
TAMU74
AG
chipotle said:

I remember all those years we were supposed to beat colorado. Suppose to.
Bank on it, next year's game against the buffs will be close.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Pretty sure the point is the team WAS good. National title contender and Heisman contender for Leeland McElroy.
Ferg
Fortunately the first game is at Kyle, as it gives us another year to build depth given the Boulder altitude.
NoahAg
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

2000 was brutal. Hot garbage but we found a way to lose. People who pine for the great ol RC days should remember that one.

That was the beginning of the end of our home field advantage. First time I saw us lose in person.
Sterling82
The 95 game was sorta typical of Aggie luck. We were holding up well against their offense before Detmer went down with a non-contact knee injury. His backup starts going deep and they inadvertently find our weakness, take the lead and win. We still could have won if it hadn't been for two key drops in our passing game.
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

The great OL RC days were from 91-94

He won 9 in 95 6 in 96 then 9 and 11 in 97 and 98

99 started his down slide until he was let go after the 2002 season when we realized we could get the hottest commodity on the coaching market in Fran

I was at that 2000 cu game; brutally cold and rainy, cu was 0-4 and gary Barnett had the players' names stripped off the buffs uniforms and we couldn't stop the PA fullback and TE bootlegs to save our lives

PneumAg
That game is going to be an absolute beatdown. I wouldn't worry about it. It might be close for 1.5 quarters.
Stat Monitor Repairman
NyAggie said:

Quote:

I was at that 2000 cu game; brutally cold and rainy, cu was 0-4 and gary Barnett had the players' names stripped off the buffs uniforms and we couldn't stop the PA fullback and TE bootlegs to save our lives

Was in the stands for this beatdown.

I think this was the game that ended RCs home win streak and set the trajectory of the program until it finally turned in September 2012.
Humorous Username
AG
Joel Klatt consistently trashes A&M, and I believe it is due to the crappy defenses we put on the field against him in the Fran Era. He still has it in his head that we're Fran-level bad.
UTExan
The new coach in Boulder has brought some attitude and work ethic to the Buffs. He doesn't have the talent yet but the next two years will tell if graduate from Pac12 South doormat status to a tough competitor. I wouldn't bet against them yet.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Buck Nasty
AG
Timeout, Colorado.
W
AG
Humorous Username said:

Joel Klatt consistently trashes A&M, and I believe it is due to the crappy defenses we put on the field against him in the Fran Era. He still has it in his head that we're Fran-level bad.
and he forgets that A&M beat him and his Buffs in 2004 --- the Lee Foliaki overtime fumble recovery
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Not worried unless their coach removes the buffs from their helmets the week before in practice and makes them earn them back.
BuffsAg47
AG
I'm a CU fan.

Defense should be much improved next season. The secondary was hit hard with the injury bug last season but should be better next year. A transfer from Miami will help with that. Antonio Alfano will be a major piece of the defense next season (if he gets immediate eligibility which will likely happen). Nate Landman is a good linebacker who should be back next season.

The issues are going to be on the offensive side of the ball. We probably go with true freshman Brenden Lewis at QB. So his first road game at Kyle Field, that's a tough way to start your career. Running back is a solid position for us. We lose our top three WRs: Shenault, Brown, Nixon. It's gonna be tough to replace that production, however we do have some promising young WRs.

If I had to predict the score today, I would go 41-24 for the Aggies. More talent for the Ags and it's a home game. I'm excited for y'all to come to Boulder. I think we'll be more competitive there.
Cy_Tolliver
W said:

Humorous Username said:

and he forgets that A&M beat him and his Buffs in 2004 --- the Lee Foliaki overtime fumble recovery
Joel Klatt seems to have a huge axe to grind against A&M. Dude HATES us. It's like an Aggie banged his mother or something.

I mean, even with the sips he says "oh they were great last year" (highly questionable) but fell off this year. He said "Aggies have not been good for all eternity". Umm - we were pretty damn good in 2012. One field in one of two games and we win a national title.
lotoarmy
AG
OrygunAg said:

I was there. Will never forget the smell of weed and teargas after the game. Had to teargas their own fans, after they stormed the field, and were knocking the goal posts down into the crowd!
Last of the Old Army
lotoarmy
AG
Sept 19, in the afternoon heat, in the Kyle Field canyon, I like our chances!
Last of the Old Army
45-70Ag
AG
Cy_Tolliver said:

W said:

Humorous Username said:

Joel Klatt seems to have a huge axe to grind against A&M. Dude HATES us. It's like an Aggie banged his mother or something.

I mean, even with the sips he says "oh they were great last year" (highly questionable) but fell off this year. He said "Aggies have not been good for all eternity". Umm - we were pretty damn good in 2012. One field in one of two games and we win a national title.

This is why he says what he does.
Our closest national title run is based on a what if.

RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Joel Klatt is the Fran of announcing.
schmellba99
AG
OrygunAg said:

I still have bad memories of the beating we took in 2000 at Kyle from a garbage CU team too.
schmellba99
AG
Sterling82 said:

The 95 game was sorta typical of Aggie luck. We were holding up well against their offense before Detmer went down with a non-contact knee injury. His backup starts going deep and they inadvertently find our weakness, take the lead and win. We still could have won if it hadn't been for two key drops in our passing game.
That is an Aggie tradition.
Cy_Tolliver
Irish_Man said:

Cy_Tolliver said:

W said:

Humorous Username said:

This is why he says what he does.
Our closest national title run is based on a what if.

Well my point is that if he is going to say the sips were "good" last year because they finished second in BDF and beat a Georgia team with a full 1/3 of its starters sitting out, then we were pretty damn good in 2012 because we beat the undisputed number 1 team and eventual national champion in their house and routed the BDF champion. Not sure how that's even debatable.
Faustus
lotoarmy said:

OrygunAg said:

I was there. Will never forget the smell of weed and teargas after the game. Had to teargas their own fans, after they stormed the field, and were knocking the goal posts down into the crowd!
Did it smell like victory?
GSPag`
The CU fans were the worse I encountered at a Kyle Field game. Very rude.

Tech fans were not too bad when they got out of Lubbock and visited Aggieland. And sips were so outnumbered they were not bad.

NU, ISU, and KSU fans were really great to have on campus back then. BU fans? Don't remember seeing much green in Aggieland.

But CU sucked. I was not happy when we rescheduled them. I would much rather trade home and home with Nebraska from the old days of the B12.
Phoenix1
schmellba99 said:

Sterling82 said:

That is an Aggie tradition.

The dropped pass by Sanders would have put us up by 14. That single play started a decline we still haven't recovered from.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Buck Nasty said:

Timeout, Colorado.

Still one of my favorite moments ever at Kyle
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.