Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What bowl game did you care most about?

6,135 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
gigem70
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
72jag said:

The Heisman Trophy Bowls. Cotton and Bo Jackson, Cotton and Tim Brown and Holiday and Ty Detmer. The good old days.
^^^^
What he said.
94chem
If you go back and watch the 1992 Cotton Bowl, there were 3 sure TD's for A&M that weren't made. A wide open drop, Hill's fumble, and the pick 6 by Crooms who decided to step out at the 26. FSU also lost a TD due to a poor call.

The Aggie defense that day had Sam Adams, Kevin Smith, Quentin Coryatt, Patrick Bates, and Marcus Buckley. Less heralded players included Lance Teichelman, Steve Solari, and Chris Crooms. Yeah, that was a good defense.

On the offensive side, the backfield included Bucky Richardson, Greg Hill, Randy Simmons, Rodney Thomas, and Keith McAfee. Leave it to RC to get shut out with that group. Interestingly, it seems that 2 of the RB's were seldom if ever used together.
Alan Pavio
AG
Which Notre Dame/Florida State Cotton Bowl in the early 90's was icy? I was a youngster and went with my dad, but remember the benches and ramps being iced over.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Alan Pavio said:

Which Notre Dame/Florida State Cotton Bowl in the early 90's was icy? I was a youngster and went with my dad, but remember the benches and ramps being iced over.
1993 Notre Dame Cotton Bowl was cold and icy
94chem
'92 Cotton Bowl against FSU was the terrible weather. Mid 30's, freezing rain. 13 turnovers, maybe 14. Know for sure that we had 8.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.