Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas Bowl?? Really.

12,966 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Sq 17
Joe Exotic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wood2007 said:

Bo Darville said:

Frok said:

Mond would probably look pretty good against the Texas defensive backfield.

Right. Probably 500 yards through the air easily.
Yea, if Mond was an accurate passer. But, he's not.

You don't need to be accurate against their secondary. Probably safe just throwing it up for grabs.
rgag12
AG
Rendered Fat said:

rgag12 said:

Hey OP. Did you know Leach just accepted the Ole Miss job???
Wrong. It was fake.

That's the joke......
Post removed:
by user
DSAG
Mitsu1grn said:

Heard this just a few minutes ago on local Austin sports radio station. Either Western Michigan or the Aggies play tu. Apparently it all depends on Penn State and where they end up going. I dont know about yall, but after watching the sips WR corps play tt, I dont like that matchup at all.
The sips will more than likely be in the Camping Bowl or the Alamo Bowl.
We will not play them until we both make a NY6 bowl.
Liquid Wrench
I'm sure the report was based on ESPN's bowl projections. It's one guy at ESPN predicting we go to the Texas Bowl, not a news leak from any inside source.
EllisCoAg
AG
o n c e a g a i n, a n d i a m t y p i n g s l o w l y, w e o f f e e d t o p l a y t h e m w h e n w e l e f t, t h e y s a i d n o. S o, f' e m.
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
Win At Life
AG
NoahAg said:

I'll say it. I would love to play t.u. again. Instead of us playing Clemson, and t.u. playing LSU, we should have played each other this season.

#Bringbackthegame

All these rivals in separate conferences play each other annually. No reason we shouldn't.

Florida/FSU
Clemson/SC
Iowa/Iowa State
Georgia/Tech
Colorado/CSU

All those teams don't hate each other enough to not play each other. The most hated rivalry is the one so hated that you can't even play each other due to the hate.
Cstatbro
Win At Life said:

NoahAg said:

I'll say it. I would love to play t.u. again. Instead of us playing Clemson, and t.u. playing LSU, we should have played each other this season.

#Bringbackthegame

All these rivals in separate conferences play each other annually. No reason we shouldn't.

Florida/FSU
Clemson/SC
Iowa/Iowa State
Georgia/Tech
Colorado/CSU

All those teams don't hate each other enough to not play each other. The most hated rivalry is the one so hated that you can't even play each other due to the hate.

Pretty much.
ravingfans
AG
South Platte said:

OP, you registered 9/1/14 and have been saving your first shot for this??

talk about "Deep-State"--wow, that is a sleeper of a sleeper-cell!

just having fun Mitsu1grn

The local Austin Radio folks have a strong vested interest in pumping (pimping?) a rivalry bowl game. No chance this is happening, as this is not the A&M squad we would want to put up against t.u., and they are in such turmoil, that is not the sip squad they would want to put up against A&M. We are certainly way more stable in coaching and several rungs higher in talent and both teams know it.

don't sweat it, and when all your sip friends rib you about it or bring it up, just give them a smug look and keep a walking...
PA24
AG

I don't like dodging the sippys.

Give me the game or give me death!!!!
TAMU74
AG
black_hat_ag said:

TAMU74 said:

chipotle said:

I say we skip a bowl this year
Hate to say it but I agree.

Yep players don't deserve another game. Complete embarrassment.
Concur
Gunny456
AG
I thought the exact same thing!
ravingfans
AG
Ubitag said:

I don't like dodging the sippys.

Give me the game or give me death!!!!

sad to say my friend, this gives me no pleasure--death to Ubitag
Moon Shadow
IF we would get the 2.5-3.0 weeks of practice AND we could skip a bowl game versus the whorns I would be for it.
HOWEVER, playing the UTerus would only be OK with me IF we came out with "our hair on fire" and Mond completed his first 8-12 passes (with 3-4 being field stretchers of 25-35 yards).
AND RB's duplicated the USCe run yardage.
Just my thoughts as a father of an Aggie Letterman (& PhD Epidemiologist).
Z Team
AG
TAMU74 said:

chipotle said:

These kind of comments come off as just scared to me. There is no reason we shouldn't want to pound them in any bowl game. NONE, unless someone is scared. After they have fired their OC and DC and their director of recruiting is acting as their interim DC I would love nothing more than to face them in a bowl game.
Repeat the Line
These t-shirt sips posing as Aggies (using the word "we", while dogging A&M as their struggle to articulate coherent sentence structure) are absolutely pathetic. Seriously, it's like 3 or 4 dudes (all of whom were already outted), now scrambling to third third string reserve socks. They are absolutely obsessed with Texas A&M and I truly feel aoeey for their miserable existence.
AstroAggie00
Sips have to make a NY6 bowl for that to happen... and with the direction that program looks to be going, that might be never
TAMC11
AG
Louie made a point today that I had never thought of. He said that each school would likely petition their respective conferences to not allow it and they would oblige. I don't always agree with Louie but I think he's absolutely right. Too risky for each school and conference.
AGHouston11
AG
Is that same tsip ref available?
Will tge game be on Longhorn Network?

How soon you all forget!
alamogeorge
AG
Z Team said:

TAMU74 said:

chipotle said:

These kind of comments come off as just scared to me. There is no reason we shouldn't want to pound them in any bowl game. NONE, unless someone is scared. After they have fired their OC and DC and their director of recruiting is acting as their interim DC I would love nothing more than to face them in a bowl game.

If being scared had anything to do with it, why do we embrace being in a division were we play Alabama and LSU every year? Fear has nothing to do with it. Disgust is the proper term to use.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
rootube
AG
It has nothing to do with the media. A&M vs the horns would easily be one of the most interesting bowl games outside the playoffs, and that is saying a lot considering how much each team has struggled this year.
cords12
I guess OP failed to watch the BIG bad Baylor defense hold tu to 3 points (minus the mercy score at the end of the game)...
CreedBratton
Mitsu1grn said:

Heard this just a few minutes ago on local Austin sports radio station. Either Western Michigan or the Aggies play tu. Apparently it all depends on Penn State and where they end up going. I dont know about yall, but after watching the sips WR corps play tt, I dont like that matchup at all.

I don't know about you, but after watching them play from mid September until now, literally nothing about them worries me.
Agryan00
Mitsu1grn said:

ABATTBQ87
AG
current bowl prediction:

Outback Bowl
When: Jan. 1, 2020
Where: Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida
Projected matchup: Penn State vs. Texas A&M
Quick bite: We're hearing Texas A&M will play in either the Outback or Texas Bowl since the Aggies went to Jacksonville (Gator Bowl) last season. If Penn State doesn't play in the Rose Bowl as the Big Ten's second highest-ranked team, the Nittany Lions will play in Tampa unless Orlando wants them for a second consecutive year. There are still some things to be sorted out in the Big Ten ahead of next week's league title game.
WtHrOoOlPl
AG
Mitsu1grn said:

Austin sports radio station......My God what sort of odd Purgatory are you stuck in?
Aggie Football is only played for 2 quarters, choose wisely.
'03, '09 Walton Loads
Sq 17
TAMC11 said:

Louie made a point today that I had never thought of. He said that each school would likely petition their respective conferences to not allow it and they would oblige. I don't always agree with Louie but I think he's absolutely right. Too risky for each school and conference.
seems like the bdf would want this game.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.