Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If Myles said it..... it happened folks.

16,049 Views | 171 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Dawnguard
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
vander54
S
https://nypost.com/2019/11/21/myles-garrett-didnt-want-mason-rudolph-slur-allegation-to-be-public/

Garret quote

Quote:

"I was assured that the hearing was space that afforded the opportunity to speak openly and honestly about the incident that led to my suspension," Garrett said in a statement. "That was not meant for public dissemination, nor was it a convenient attempt to justify my actions or restore my image in the eyes of those I disappointed."

"I know what I heard. Whether my opponent's comment was born out of frustration or ignorance, I cannot say. But his actions do not excuse my lack of restraint in the moment, and I truly regret the impact this has had on the league, the Browns and our devoted fans."
DGAG92
AG
wealeat09 said:

It opens himself up for a civil defamation suit. Especially doubling down on it.

He said, she said.....almost impossible to prove damages. Myles screwed up and I hope he's not going all Jussie on the situation, trying to get out of it. This just doesn't look like it's gonna end well.
wealeat09
AG
vander54 said:

wealeat09 said:

It opens himself up for a civil defamation suit. Especially doubling down on it.

Lol
He's accusing someone of being a racist. It's almost as serious as hitting someone over the head with a blunt weapon.

It's bizarre that people don't understand the gravity of this situation that Myles has put himself in. The violence and now the accusation that the NFL says there's no evidence of.
Urban Ag
AG
I have no sympathy for either of them.

wealeat09
AG
Urban Ag said:

I have no sympathy for either of them.

Rudolph definitely should have gotten a suspension too. So I agree.
vander54
S
wealeat09 said:

vander54 said:

wealeat09 said:

Lol
He's accusing someone of being a racist. It's almost as serious as hitting someone over the head with a blunt weapon.

It's bizarre that people don't understand the gravity of this situation that Myles has put himself in. The violence and now the accusation that the NFL says is false.

NFL did not say it was false. Second the chances he would sue are slim to none just like the odds of winning the lawsuit.
wealeat09
AG
vander54 said:

wealeat09 said:

vander54 said:

wealeat09 said:

Lol

It's bizarre that people don't understand the gravity of this situation that Myles has put himself in. The violence and now the accusation that the NFL says is false.

NFL did not say it was false. Second the chances he would sue are slim to none just like the odds of winning the lawsuit.
Sorry, just that there is no evidence to the claim. Thanks for clarifying.
Aggies2009
AG
vander54 said:

wealeat09 said:

vander54 said:

wealeat09 said:

Lol

Oh get used to him making stuff up. It's what he does.
vander54
S
Aggies2009 said:

vander54 said:

wealeat09 said:

vander54 said:

wealeat09 said:

Lol

Damn. He hasn't posted on the football board since the beginning of August and now he has posted 47 times in the last day, all about Myles.

Update. 48
wealeat09
AG
vander54 said:

Aggies2009 said:

vander54 said:

wealeat09 said:

vander54 said:

wealeat09 said:

Lol

Damn. He hasn't posted on the football board since the beginning of August and now he has posted 47 times in the last day, all about Myles.
I don't post often, but I do when fellow Aggies are defending violence & unprovable serious accusations that are making our fan base look absolutely insane.
vander54
S
wealeat09 said:

vander54 said:

Aggies2009 said:

vander54 said:

wealeat09 said:

vander54 said:

wealeat09 said:

Lol

I don't post often, but I do when fellow Aggies are defending violence & unprovable serious accusations that are making our fan base look absolutely insane.

Lol
DWren
JPK89 said:

Ok I'll bite.

What if Myles was a sip? You 100% supporters would feel the same?

This

The uniform tends to blind said teams fans of reality.
Many people are blindly supporting MG and just looking at it as " well MG was a good Ag so there is no way he did anything wrong"
I mean the dude just got handed the longest suspension in the history of the NFL and many are defending him.
If he had played his college football anywhere other than Texas A&M , not one person would be defending him.

Wanna take this game a step further... imagine if MG didn't attend A&M and Mason Rudolph did. Wow.
What would the opinion of the situation be then around here. Lol have a feeling it would be much much different.

Many are simply blinded by the uniform.
Post removed:
by user
Ian Neff
AG
I have absolutely no idea how you morons could be critical of Myles after that statement.
Even if he was a sip.
Post removed:
by user
average_joker
AG
It is really a shame that Rudolph isn't being held to the same standard. Using leverage to wrench a guy's head is also potentially life threatening, and he certainly didn't do it within the confines of "play."
What MG did was unacceptable, but I can't say I don't understand it. It's really sad actually.
It took two to tango, and only one is going under the bus.
Always hold your temper kids, there's just too much at stake.
PyriteAg
AG
Some of us that are "defending" Myles aren't doing it because we think it completely excuses him from his actions; even Myles admits this. But, if you were in Myles shoes, how would you want to be remembered in this situation? A guy who unfortunately lost control because he was physically challenged and called something absolutely derogatory, or a guy who maniacally lost temper in a football game?

This isn't hard, people.
MaroonMachine
Maybe Rudolph looked like the fan that sucker punched him a while back

Fixed it
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
45-70Ag
AG
MaroonMachine said:

Maybe Rudolph looked like the fan that sucked punched him a while back

I'm afraid to ask what this would look like
Eric Forman
AG
Dario said:

Some of us that are "defending" Myles aren't doing it because we think it completely excuses him from his actions; even Myles admits this. But, if you were in Myles shoes, how would you want to be remembered in this situation? A guy who unfortunately lost control because he was physically challenged and called something absolutely derogatory, or a guy who maniacally lost temper in a football game?

This isn't hard, people.

Don't take away people's straw man... they'll have nothing left to attack.
Seamaster
AG
The problem with the race card is that its played so often and so predictably that its hard to take it at face value, regardless of who's claiming it.

The second I saw that happened I thought, "I'd bet my next paycheck he's going to claim that Mason said something racist."

And, voila.

I don't buy it.
LJF78
Dario said:

This isn't hard, people.

Everything that happened to MG , even if called a racial slur (Which really appears didn't happen).. has happened to other players before.
Many players have been physically challenged in football, many have been called names, many players have had their face mask/ helmets tugged at, many players have been ganged up on.
The difference is nobody else has ever struck another player in the head with a helmet.

This isin't that hard people

Hard part is so many actually defending his actions
B-1 83
AG
"So, what if he calls my momma a who**?"
"Is she?"
black_hat_ag
Dario said:

This isn't hard, people.

And now, MG will be remembered like the juicy Jussie. A race baiter. Remove the maroon glasses. This isn't hard.
TyperWoods
Miles is naive.

He should shut up and take his crucifixion like a man. Anything he says is wrong.
Panama Red
AG
It's very obvious from sniffing Garrett's jock that he is telling the truth.
merch
Given how out of character this was for MG one would think something really set him off. And who knows, maybe it was combination of a thumb in the eye as his helmet is being torn from his head and a bad comment.

None of it really matters to me as you still can't swing the helmet.

We all mess up. Everybody deserves a second chance. We have followed MG for awhile and this isn't him. I won't let this one incident define MG for me. I get that is hard for many but to each his own.
Schall 02
AG
This sure to feed the flames:

https://blacksportsonline.com/2019/09/steelers-mason-rudolph-supports-anti-colin-kaepernick-rudolph-is-big-fan-of-tomi-lahren-maga-trump-tweets-ig/
Eric Forman
AG
Why is it so important to so many people to have such a strong opinion on the matter.... none of us have all the facts... why not just let it play out with the people and organizations that are actually involved. Is there a timeline on which MG must be vilified? When's the due date on finalizing our opinion? Is this the reason everyone is so vehement in jumping to conclusions?

We can play the "what if he killed him" game all day. Fact is, Santa's lead reindeer didn't get injured... thankfully. MG made a claim that can't be verified one way or the other. Did he lie or didn't he? Who knows? We certainly don't. Claiming otherwise is foolish. MG is going to serve an indefinite suspension and may have an opportunity to get back into the league. Who knows. Worse **** has happened in the world. The mob mentality is real. MG ****ed up and he's going to pay for it -- why can't that be what it is? Why does everything have to be about completely destroying someone who made a mistake? Sheesh... its almost as if people are chomping at the bit for their next crucifixion. Chill.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Why do we keep saying it's out of character when the guy also ended trevor Semians season this year with a pair of roughing the passer penalties? He had $52k in fines already in 2019
PyriteAg
AG
LJF78 said:

Dario said:

This isn't hard, people.

Everything that happened to MG , even if called a racial slur (Which really appears didn't happen).. has happened to other players before.
Many players have been physically challenged in football, many have been called names, many players have had their face mask/ helmets tugged at, many players have been ganged up on.
The difference is nobody else has ever struck another player in the head with a helmet.

This isin't that hard people

Hard part is so many actually defending his actions

I just said we don't think this excuses him from his actions. At the very least we are getting some form of reason as to why he acted that way. That's all there is to this.
spherical
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Why do we keep saying it's out of character when the guy also ended trevor Semians season this year with a pair of roughing the passer penalties? He had $52k in fines already in 2019

Because hits in the course of the game are... different?
BMX Bandit
UncoverAg00 said:

Why is it so important to so many people to have such a strong opinion on the matter.... none of us have all the facts... why not just let it play out with the people and organizations that are actually involved. Is there a timeline on which MG must be vilified? When's the due date on finalizing our opinion? Is this the reason everyone is so vehement in jumping to conclusions?

We can play the "what if he killed him" game all day. Fact is, Santa's lead reindeer didn't get injured... thankfully. MG made a claim that can't be verified one way or the other. Did he lie or didn't he? Who knows? We certainly don't. Claiming otherwise is foolish. MG is going to serve an indefinite suspension and may have an opportunity to get back into the league. Who knows. Worse **** has happened in the world. The mob mentality is real. MG ****ed up and he's going to pay for it -- why can't that be what it is? Why does everything have to be about completely destroying someone who made a mistake? Sheesh... its almost as if people are chomping at the bit for their next crucifixion. Chill.
spare us the righteous indignation.

Garret made a mistake, if he had left it at "I made a mistake, I'm sorry" it would be over. but rather than own up and pay for it, he has no now quibbled with the "I made a mistake, BUT....racism"

Its not Garret's fault that people are tired of the race card being played, but thats the world we live in.

Is it possible it happened? Sure. But its highly unlikely.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.