Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Scooby Carter in Transfer Portal

7,834 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Fonzie Scheme
rootube
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big time Aggie target and Bama commit in the transfer portal.

Emilio Fantastico
AG
Wasn't he kind of flaky in HS? Or was that just recruiting rumors to detract from him if we didn't land him?
Pablito98
AG
wow
Alpha Texan
AG
Like, ZOINKS, Scoob.

For all ye hopeful, I would like to point out that players are usually expected to transfer out of conference, especially out of division, so don't expect to land him.

For the smartie about to mention Starkel, Nick was a graduate transfer so he could transfer behind the defense of it being for academic reasons.
Ifishandlie
AG
He can go anywhere. Doesn't matter anymore. His choice BUT he apparently left for disciplinary reasons. Skipping class I think. Lol

No college kid ever does that
rootube
AG
Ifishandlie said:

He can go anywhere. Doesn't matter anymore. His choice BUT he apparently left for disciplinary reasons. Skipping class I think. Lol

No college kid ever does that
I don't think that's how the rule works. The NCAA adopted new language to try and close the loophole and address the summer of Tate Martell where players were making shakey claims.
dixichkn
AG
Well well well. Committed to us until about 10 days before signing day when suddenly he just couldn't resist the lure of Lil Nicky. Happy trails, Scoob. Glad that worked out for ya.
Maroon Flash
AG
One of a long line of guys we lost to Bama only for them to find out Saban lied to them.
maver1ck
AG
Commits to OU
Decommits from OU
Commits to A&M
Decommits from A&M
Commits to Bama
Enrolls at Bama
Transfers out of Bama
TAMUallen
AG
nbaker2022 said:

Commits to OU
Decommits from OU
Commits to A&M
Decommits from A&M
Commits to Bama
Enrolls at Bama
Transfers out of Bama

Flaking but don't care if he can contribute. NCAA, recruiting and the whole process is a joke. Only thing that matters is who plays for you
Iowaggie
AG
nbaker2022 said:

Commits to OU
Decommits from OU
Commits to A&M
Decommits from A&M
Commits to Bama
Enrolls at Bama
Transfers out of Bama

He'd stay somewhere if it weren't for you meddling kids
kentky
Huge talent. Love to have him in Aggieland. .
Alpha Texan
AG
The list of players (who are not on scholarship and not grad transfers) who transfer out of conference is unproportionally larger than the list of players who stay in conference compared the number schools that are in conference and the schools that are not in conference.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Tired of 4/5* Texas DBs going to bama to scrap for playing time who'd be starting for us. You would think after a ton of them have done it, we could keep some in state
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Alpha Texan said:

The list of players (who are not on scholarship and not grad transfers) who transfer out of conference is unproportionally larger than the list of players who stay in conference compared the number schools that are in conference and the schools that are not in conference.

He'll go to OU or Baylor. Just my guess. No inside info
Agsuffering@bulaw
I get that he was a .95 out of HS. Would we rather get a HS .90 who can play in '20? Anyone see another angle?

He'd sit a year. I expect either Blades to declare or Renfro to transfer. IF so, the only decent backups we have next year at CB are Erick Young, Devin Morris, and incoming Moten. Assuming Chattman will remain at NB.

Young is an injury risk. Morris is of limited ability. We wont know if Moton is ready until spring ball.

The above doesnt even factor him being a discipline question mark.
12thmanfootball
AG
Quote:

I get that he was a .95 out of HS. Would we rather get a HS .90 who can play in '20? Anyone see another angle?

He'd sit a year. I expect either Blades to declare or Renfro to transfer. IF so, the only decent backups we have next year at CB are Erick Young, Devin Morris, and incoming Moten. Assuming Chattman will remain at NB.

Young is an injury risk. Morris is of limited ability. We wont know if Moton is ready until spring ball.

The above doesnt even factor him being a discipline question mark.

Myles Jones is a Junior.............are you saying he's going Pro?????
RtxAg17
AG
Very questionable assessment. Blades isn't declaring, and why would renfro transfer? Morris has only flashed when he has played and young isn't injury prone bc he gets injured once. We'll add jaylon Jones, moten, Eaton, maybe manning and a juco corner.
riverrataggie
AG
What happened to Young?
Agvet12
AG
Young was hurt - and was supposed to start rotating in.

He's either still hurt or taking longer to rehabilitate and catch up to speed is my guess.
QB1
AG
Alpha Texan said:

Like, ZOINKS, Scoob.

For all ye hopeful, I would like to point out that players are usually expected to transfer out of conference, especially out of division, so don't expect to land him.

For the smartie about to mention Starkel, Nick was a graduate transfer so he could transfer behind the defense of it being for academic reasons.

Don't ags have way more than starkel that transfered in conference - Bradley? to ark, another guy to ole miss, sc....ags like to transfer into sec
BDub3
AG
RtxAg17 said:

Very questionable assessment. Blades isn't declaring, and why would renfro transfer? Morris has only flashed when he has played and young isn't injury prone bc he gets injured once. We'll add jaylon Jones, moten, Eaton, maybe manning and a juco corner.
Scooby is a better prospect than Eaton and any of the Jucos. You take him over those guys.
p-wonk01
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

Tired of 4/5* Texas DBs going to bama to scrap for playing time who'd be starting for us. You would think after a ton of them have done it, we could keep some in state
This + stories of being suspended = do not want anymore
Snap E Tom
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

I expect either Blades to declare or Renfro to transfer.

I doubt Blades declares especially for being injured the last quarter of the season. He's shown talent, but it just hasn't been enough of a portfolio. Maybe he does declare, but he's definitely someone that can build up their draft value by coming back.
Agsuffering@bulaw
To spell out what should have been obvious:

The underlying assumptions:

1. We have many need and not enough remainign spaces to offer 2 more CBs
2. Elite CBs wont go to a program (besides Bama or Clemson) with both returning starters that is also bringing in 3 more elite CBs.

So I assume that if we offer Scooby, Manning and the other targets go elsewhere

I said "backups" assuming Blades and Myles Jones start next year. (unless Blades is a surprise draft grade)

Renfro will be a senior. For any NFL hope, he needs a starting job and is good enough to start many places. He should be able to graduate* before fall.

Morris was not good enough to start over Oliver and Renfro last year. I get that he has "flashed," but CB is mostly an ability position. I trust him to get us out of a game, play NB, or even play Field Corner. I dont trust him at BC if we lose Blades/Renfro for the season.

Erick Young was supposed to be out a few weeks but missed half the season. He has still not contributed much other than UTSA. That means there is doubt.

Jaylon Jones is being recruited as a Safety. We wont know whether Moton can plug and play until he gets to campus. He is listed at 165 and will be undersized unless he adds serious weight.

*To the 10% who dont get this: football players take summer classes, so even if taking 12 hours in fall, he should have more credits than most juniors. So he goes heavy in spring and maybe also takes summer.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

I doubt Blades declares especially for being injured the last quarter of the season.

You only dealt with half my statement. What is the liklihood that Blades and Renfro are both on the '20 roster?
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

I expect either Blades to declare or Renfro to transfer.

with him being injured so much, I don't see Blades declaring. He needs to show scouts more. He could GREATLY improve his draft status by coming back.

As for Renfro, I can see him possibly being a grad transfer, but we'll see.

Agsuffering@bulaw
I looked at the composite top 100 CBs. 4 programs took more than 2

Bama- 3 they are Bama, I didnt look any further

LSU- 4 (1 a 3*), one of the CB jobs was open

UF- 4 (1 a 3*) one of the previous starting CBs was coming back from an ACL and questionable, one of the high impact CBs entered the transfer portal in spring

Pedo-4 (1 a 3*) one open job
Fonzie Scheme
AG
The transfer portal would be a lot more interesting if it was an honest-to-god portal.

Otherwise, it's all talk.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.