Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I stand with Myles

13,918 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BanderaAg956
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
More proud of him for taking on half the Steelers team while the rest of the sad sack Browns watched.

Beast. This guy says it best...

[url] [/url]
83Aggie
AG
First player to ever do it. That's what he will be known for. Career move. Won't matter how many sacks he has.
South Platte
Muy said:

More proud of him for taking on half the Steelers team while the rest of the sad sack Browns watched.

Beast. This guy says it best...

You'll be standing with him in the unemployment line.
Muy
AG
Self defense
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
83Aggie said:

First player to ever do it. That's what he will be known for. Career move. Won't matter how many sacks he has.

Not the first player to ever do it.
TRADUCTOR
Face mask with bonus,15 yd penalty, get over it.
Bankeraggie
AG
His own coach, QB and teammates call it inexcusable. So. You guys are truly standing alone.
Repeat the Line
83Aggie said:

Sadly, I agree. Even non-sports media is highlighting last night's fight, and certainly not in a good way. Myles has done great things on and off the field, but this will be his defining moment for the foreseeable future.
Mort Rainey
Muy said:

Self defense
Off_The_Wood
AG
Muy said:

Self defense
Absurd argument.
CampingAg
AG
Staph delete this
gopitt
Embarrassing and inexcusable. The QB already had a concussion this year and he hits him on the head with his helmet. He'll see a long suspension.
Humdog
Bunch of pansies around here don't understand football. This is why we always lose.
InnerCityAg
#ISTANDWITHMYLES

Shadow of CuervoAg
I understand the heat of the moment reaction in a adrenaline fueled moment in an adrenaline fueled sport - but Myles was in the wrong in a big way. I'm confident he is wishing he would have handled it differently, but what is done is done.

I'm sure the league will come down hard on him and he certainly deserves some significant level of consequence. My worry is Rudolph, his agent, or team encouraging pressing legal charges against him - which would threaten his career and freedom.
Do not post opposing views or you too, like me, will become a shadow of your former self.
CampingAg
AG
Humdog said:

Bunch of pansies around here don't understand football. This is why we always lose.

I think swinging a helmet full speed at the head of another player is a terrible thing to do. I must be a football idiot.
riverrataggie
AG
CampingAg said:

Staph delete this

Staph keep it up. It's an opinion. Differing opinion but shouldn't be taken down.
83Aggie
AG
Champ Bailey said:

83Aggie said:

With a national TV audience watching? Show me the tape.
riverrataggie
AG
83Aggie said:

Champ Bailey said:

83Aggie said:

With a national TV audience watching? Show me the tape.

Was this hard?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000231860/Smith-swings-on-Incognito
riverrataggie
AG
CampingAg said:

Humdog said:

I think swinging a helmet full speed at the head of another player is a terrible thing to do. I must be a football idiot.

It is a terrible thing. Nobody is saying it isn't. But not about to crucify him. Hand out the punishment. Move on.
CampingAg
AG
riverrataggie said:

CampingAg said:

Staph delete this

Staph keep it up. It's an opinion. Differing opinion but shouldn't be taken down.

It's not just the difference of opinion, it's the fact that it's embarrassing. Imagine a Tennessee message board starting an "I Stand with Albert Haynesworth" after he stomped Andre Gurode's head. It's a bad look.
Muy
AG
gopitt said:

Embarrassing and inexcusable. The QB already had a concussion this year and he hits him on the head with his helmet. He'll see a long suspension.

Perhaps the qb shouldn't be playing if a previous concussion is an issue. And he definitely shouldn't go after another player with his helmet off. That seems pretty stupid.

#istandwithMyles
riverrataggie
AG
CampingAg said:

riverrataggie said:

CampingAg said:

Staph delete this

It's not just the difference of opinion, it's the fact that it's embarrassing. Imagine a Tennessee message board starting an "I Stand with Albert Haynesworth" after he stomped Andre Gurode's head. It's a bad look.

I would find it funny. This is what happens though when you have one side calling for death penalty. The other extreme happens. Just don't let it cloud judgement.
Muy
AG
CampingAg said:

riverrataggie said:

CampingAg said:

Staph delete this

Damn dude, go find a safe space from the embarrassment.
Cassius
Garrett has no history of dirty play. He was provoked and over reacted. Luckily, it did not cause a serious injury.

Hopefully the league doesn't overreact. Based on precedent, 5 games is the max. Someone in the other thread said that have 6 left, so he might get that so they can say they suspended him for remainder of the season, which sounds worse.
phatbc
Ryan Clark has it right this AM, and he's a former steeler.

Not defensible, big suspension. But it's not criminal. It's the worst PUBLIC football fight but that's it. Dudes have had their head stomped on as a defenseless not initiator. And he says he's seen worse on the practice field over his career.
riverrataggie
AG
Cassius said:

Garrett has no history of dirty play. He was provoked and over reacted. Luckily, it did not cause a serious injury.

Hopefully the league doesn't overreact. Based on precedent, 5 games is the max. Someone in the other thread said that have 6 left, so he might get that so they can say they suspended him for remainder of the season, which sounds worse.

This is what I'm thinking.
Muy
AG
Nobody is excusing Myles for swinging a helmet btw. I just believe he is a good guy, has always been a great Aggie and representative of our school, and will sincerely make a humble apology and serve whatever the judgement is without complaint.

To the Ags who want to burn him at the stake and ostracize him from Aggieland, get a life.
aggiepaintrain
AG
riverrataggie said:

Cassius said:

This is what I'm thinking.

Dad-O-Lot
AG
Frankly, I can understand Myles' "Losing it" like he did.

I don't excuse it, and from listening to his responses so far, neither does he.

He made a big ass mistake.

He is not justifying it or making excuses.

He will take his punishment and carry on.

My boys will still think of him as an excellent player and any judgment on his character will really now depend upon how he responds to this mistake.

"Yeah, he screwed up, but he is only human." Here's a lesson for you, don't respond in the heat of the moment if you can avoid it.

He still sacked the quarterback in his first ever play in the NFL: He's still a badass. A human badass who makes mistakes, but still a badass.
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
Muy
AG
gopitt said:

Some Aggies are looking thuggish and tasteless.
Just when they cheered wildly when Colt McCoy was taken out. I would hope the great majority of Ags are far better than that and don't condone this type of behavior.

Except Colt was actually hurt. See the difference?
Jarrin' Jay
AG
gopitt said:

Some Aggies are looking thuggish and tasteless.
Just when they cheered wildly when Colt McCoy was taken out. I would hope the great majority of Ags are far better than that and don't condone this type of behavior.

Who is Colt McCoy? Is he related to Cart McCoy?
gopitt
Didn't know he passed concussion protocol already?
So just don't hit him without a helmet on to be out of line but give him another concussion or make him bleed to justify his behavior? You need serious help.
Get Off My Lawn
If Myles is the man we know/knew him to be - he doesn't need us to tell him he did wrong. That said... there were escalations on all sides.

1.Myles takes the QB to the ground after he's gotten rid of the ball.
2. QB goes after Myles' helmnet
3. Myles goes after QB's. (Far more effectively).
4. 3 players go after Myles (including a helmnet-less QB)
5. Myles swings at QB's head
Gigem713
We don't know Myles' side of the story yet. Maybe Mason said something disparaging about Texas A&M, the SEC or some other part of his family and he was triggered. Let's hear all sides before judging.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.