Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

MG punishment

12,722 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Unemployed
30wedge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There will be at least three who get some sort of punishment out of this. As to Garrett, what is your prediction for number of games he gets suspended and his fine (the NFL is very very lenient on monetary fines). I say

6 games/$250,000
KidDoc
AG
I was a huge fan of Myles.

I think he gets a permaban.

Hope I am wrong but that was awful.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieIce
AG
Rest of season, $1MM

They are going to make an example
NoahAg
He gone get Ray Riced because he hit a woman.
Aggie
AG
I think the suspension will carry into next season at least.
I think will be at least 10 games it not more.

And I do think there is the realistic possibility that he gets banned from the league. I don't think that will happen but it is certainly a possibility.
But Myles won't be playing anymore this season.
Dad
AG
5 games. It would be a lot of money since it is without pay and maybe a fine is added.

If the white QB that tried to pull his helmet off first doesn't at least get a few games I think that is racist.
83Aggie
AG
Agreed, into next season, maybe more. Will change his career forever. Goodell has to set a standard.
ORAggieFan
10-12
ORAggieFan
aggie-master said:

5 games. It would be a lot of money since it is without pay and maybe a fine is added.

If the white QB that tried to pull his helmet off first doesn't at least get a few games I think that is racist.

That wouldn't have even drawn a flag.
Ag4coal
KidDoc said:

I hope you check your testosterone levels. If you wouldn't have acted in a similar way, you shouldn't be playing the game. It was not a wise move, but it is understandable. All your lifetime ban bull**** reeks of beta male syndrome.
FrontPorchAg
Going with my original assessment. Myles gets five, but appeals ands ends up with 3.

Steelers OL gets 2 despite the fact that's kicking a player in the head on the ground is worse than swinging a helmet at a guy charging at you.

Rudolph, gets one game suspension because the Steelers are a major franchise and their backup QB is a practice squad guy named duck.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
PatAg
AG
Logic says there should already be a punishment set in the rulebook for swinging a helmet at another player. It shouldn't matter if you make contact or not. So 2-3 for that, and probably another game for being the one to rip it off the other player.

But its the NFL, and instead of just ignoring the vocal minority on twitter until the next crusade starts up this weekend, they will cave and go overboard with the suspension.

Rudolph should get a game for his part, but he wont because he is a white QB.

The Steeler OL should get more than Garrett did for stomping/kicking someones head while they are on the ground.
GCP12
AG
10 games.

He's lucky as hell that the helmet hit Rudolph the way it did. He was about 30 degrees from being suspended for life
burlesona
AG
AggieIce said:

Rest of season, $1MM

They are going to make an example
Yeah that's my prediction as well.
gig em 02
ORAggieFan said:

aggie-master said:

That wouldn't have even drawn a flag.
Maybe not, but its assault, and likely a felony, and could result in jail time if Myles pressed the issue.
NoahAg
The more I watch the more I think Rudolph should be suspended too. Little poon started it. But racist media is focused on Myles.
aggiedad7
NoahAg said:

The more I watch the more I think Rudolph should be suspended too. Little poon started it. But racist media is focused on Myles.
It's not racist. It's the fact he hit him in the friggin head with a helmet. He's lucky it was a glancing blow. Hit him square he could have cracked his skull. It could have been a lot worse.
TAMUallen
AG
3 games and no clue on fine
Law Hall 69-72
AG
"could result in jail time if Myles pressed the issue."

Put down the pipe and go to bed. lol
FrontPorchAg
aggiedad7 said:

NoahAg said:

It's not racist. It's the fact he hit him in the friggin head with a helmet. He's lucky it was a glancing blow. Hit him square he could have cracked his skull. It could have been a lot worse.

Crap, I know. We never get lucky.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
Mr. Black
His season is a wrap. Can't go around swinging helmets at folks, especially on national TV.
AggieJ2002
AG
Indefinite ban ... Eligible to apply for reinstatement in 1 calendar year
Spicewood Ag
AG
An award for standing up to white oppression
Trillary Clinton
Spicewood Ag said:

An award for standing up to white oppression

#StandWithMG

#BLM
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Y'all guys who think he gets kicked out of the NFL over this are funny.
Mr.Bond
AG
https://www.espn.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9584091/antonio-smith-houston-texans-suspended

There is a precedent here.

Garrett will get 4-6 games. End of story.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

hph6203
AG
Ag4coal said:

KidDoc said:

I hope you check your testosterone levels. If you wouldn't have acted in a similar way, you shouldn't be playing the game. It was not a wise move, but it is understandable. All your lifetime ban bull**** reeks of beta male syndrome.
Acting like a child doesn't make you a man. Men have self control, children lose their cool. Both of those guys acted like children.
Mr.Bond
AG
AggieJosh2002 said:

Indefinite ban ... Eligible to apply for reinstatement in 1 calendar year

Lmaooooo
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Goro Majima
AG
Probably the rest of the season. Rudolph should get suspended, too.
AgFan2015
If this were 1977, he'd be given a bonus for making the highlight reels....

[url] [/url]

It's a win-win for Myles. He gets a six game vacation and doesn't have to play the rest of the season for a team that's going nowhere. One season closer to free agency.

Gump 02
AG
Minimum 2 games. The NFL won't let Myles play against the Steelers again this season.

After reviewing the tape of the game, he shouldn't get more than 4 games.

Coaches and GMs will be paying more attention to him now. Players will continue to try to get under his skin so he makes another mistake. When he posts his best year next year, he will get paid. Remember how Von started with the Broncos?

I have full confidence MG will grow tremendously from this.

Gig 'em Myles!
Scientific
AG
Andre Johnson got how many games when he clocked Fennigan? Add two more to that for swinging a helmet.

This will hurt the Browns, but this is out of character for Myles. Really nothing to see here. He lost his cool for once.
Witness
Scientific said:

Andre Johnson got how many games when he clocked Fennigan? Add two more to that for swinging a helmet.

This will hurt the Browns, but this is out of character for Myles. Really nothing to see here. He lost his cool for once.

Swinging a helmet on national TV is way way worse than punches. Myles was pretty close to getting a long long ban there if the crown of the helmet hit Rudolph instead
Witness
A ton of current and former NFL players coming HARD at Myles for a long suspension is not going to help his case at getting a short suspension at all
Scientific
AG
Witness said:

Swinging a helmet on national TV is way way worse than punches. Myles was pretty close to getting a long long ban there if the crown of the helmet hit Rudolph instead

It is worse I agree, but AJ landed clean punches after Fennigan had his helmet off. & I will not be surprised if the NFL bans Garret 5 games or more, but Rudolph instigated this for trying to yank off his helmet.

I really wish Myles would've just dropped it, & thrown a punch instead if he was that angry. Two wrongs do not make a right, but the media is only focused on Myles.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.