Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mond's Future

6,234 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Loyalty
TopoTacos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If he's as good in the film room as Jimbo raves that he is, he's probably carrying a clipboard as a 2nd/3rd stringer, and at worst will probably land on a practice squad given his ability.

He should stay for his senior year, I don't see Calzada or King beating him out unless they are transcendent talents.
HunterAggie
Gyles Marrett said:

BrotherChad said:

PLEASE go to the draft Mond!
To be honest if he does 2020 is more likely than not going to be worse than it would have been with Mond staying.

Mond leaving means we have a redshirt fish in Calzada at QB who thus far looks EXTREMELY raw or a true fish in King at QB.

If we expect to be contenders in 2020 it isn't as likely to happen in one of those two scenarios.
It is very likely that the "robotic" motions that Kellen Mond is exhibiting in 2019 are, for the most part, a thing of the past in 2020. I actually think the "21" running plays, where he has an opportunity to move the chains either himself or with the RBs, will take away some of that stiffness.

If you look at most college QBs and even NFL QBs, they start to see the "field" and run their own offense better after a few years. And it wouldn't hurt Calzada and Foster to spend another year in the system before they compete (along with King) to be the 2021 QB for A&M so as to let their natural talent shine in Coach Fisher's offense.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
Round Rock AG said:

I think Kellon is one of those guys who's NFL career will depend highly on who drafts him or who he winds up with. Wish him the best when his NFL opportunity is realized. But for now I'm glad we have him. He's the best QB we have on the roster.
Is Mond a draft pick at this point?
samhoustonag
e.busche said:

If he's as good in the film room as Jimbo raves that he is, he's probably carrying a clipboard as a 2nd/3rd stringer, and at worst will probably land on a practice squad given his ability.

He should stay for his senior year, I don't see Calzada or King beating him out unless they are transcendent talents.
I certainly could see Calzada beating him out, if Calzada was ever given a chance. And it does not appear Fisher will give him that chance.
Gyles Marrett
You'd think posters on here would take a step back from predicting NFL failure. Might want to go back and look at the threads on Murray and Allen when they left here...
BrotherChad
AG
That's strange....the original post doesn't seem to be here anymore...
Raptor
AG
Give him an NFL OL
Give him an NFL TE
Give him NFL WRs
Give him a full-time job of just being an NFL QB

He'd be pretty dang good. Not an All-Pro or anything, but a very serviceable QB in the NFL for a few years, until a cheaper and younger version of him comes along.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

W
AG
Muy said:

If my memory serves me correctly, the Aggie Curse will ensure us that Mond becomes an NFL Hall of Famer after beating Kyler Murray in the Super Bowl.
unfortunately there is an aggie football senior QB curse. It hasn't been tested in a while since the Ags haven't had a senior QB (that also played for A&M as an underclassman) in the SEC.

but Tannehill, McGee, Reggie, McCown, Stewart, Pullig, et al were better as sophomores & juniors than they were as seniors. Very strange
W
AG
e.busche said:

if Mond leaves, A&M will get into the "transfer portal" QB business
Dad
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

You'd think posters on here would take a step back from predicting NFL failure. Might want to go back and look at the threads on Murray and Allen when they left here...
Kyle Allen always seemed to have talent, but he couldn't hold the starting job at UofH. I am shocked that he went from that to now looking like a guy that should be starting in the NFL.
Loyalty
AG
ironmanag said:

Gyles Marrett said:

BrotherChad said:

PLEASE go to the draft Mond!
To be honest if he does 2020 is more likely than not going to be worse than it would have been with Mond staying.

Mond leaving means we have a redshirt fish in Calzada at QB who thus far looks EXTREMELY raw or a true fish in King at QB.

If we expect to be contenders in 2020 it isn't as likely to happen in one of those two scenarios.
Don't feed the t-sip troll.

Is brother chad the Chad Hastings who says he's an Aggie but bleeds orange on the radio in Austin
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.