Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Highest Paid NCAA Football Coaches (Jimbo #4)

2,842 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by chipotle
gunan01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/sports/ncaaf/2019/10/22/highest-paid-ncaa-football-head-coaches/3987071002/

When will we start having a top 4 team in the country? Brian Kelly not on the list since ND doesn't report his salary.
ironmanag
AG
How about we give him at least as much time as we gave every other coach. For the love of god he has been here less than 2 years.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Joe Exotic
AG
Guys did you hear that Jimbo makes $75 million over 10 years?!?
Joe Exotic
AG
ironmanag said:

How about we give him at least as much time as we gave every other coach. For the love of god he has been here less than 2 years.

But these people want a return on the investment they didn't pay.
rgag12
AG
What if I told you that if Jimbo beats MSST this weekend he'd be on track to have a better season than he did last year.
ironmanag
AG
It took Dabo 4 years to win 10 games at Clemson. It took him 8 to win a Natty.

I guess he should have been fired after his 6-7 season in year three. #zoologic.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
gunan01
AG
ironmanag said:

How long is that? Three years? Four years? FSU (which is admittedly a dumpster fire) is considering firing Taggart in year 2.

It's reasonable to expect a top 5 team within 4-5 years at that salary. If it doesn't work out, cut bait and move on. It's not my money.
Sponge
AG
ironmanag said:

I guess he should have been fired after his 6-7 season in year three. #zoologic.

Was dabo getting paid his current salary 8 years ago? Or anything close to it?
rgag12
AG
gunan01 said:

ironmanag said:

How long is that? Three years? Four years? FSU (which is admittedly a dumpster fire) is considering firing Taggart in year 2.

It's reasonable to expect a top 5 team within 4-5 years at that salary. If it doesn't work out, cut bait and move on. It's not my money.

Your Taggart example is really flimsy. Taggart is set to go sub 500 in a sub par football conference.
gunan01
AG
Not a fair comparison, but per the article, Dabo made 800K his first season.
ironmanag
AG
Sponge said:

ironmanag said:

Is it your fing money? Didn't thinks so.. So why worry about it,

Jimbo is getting paid because he already has a Natty. How about we be smart and give him time to do it here.
gunan01
AG
Wolken with the predictable take on the news:
Tango_Mike
ironmanag said:

Sponge said:

ironmanag said:

Is it your fing money? Didn't thinks so.. So why worry about it,

Jimbo is getting paid because he already has a Natty. How about we be smart and give him time to do it here.
what does it matter if it's his money? You tried to draw a parallel (that wasn't there) between Dabo's first three years and Jimbo's salary.

Relax man, Jimbo Fisher is going to be ok, you don't need to shout down anyone who questions him.
Muy
AG
Whether he's paid $5 million or $7.5 million per year, who here is hurt by it?
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Muy said:

Whether he's paid $5 million or $7.5 million per year, who here is hurt by it?
You should have clarified that being butt hurt does not count.
Sponge
AG
Bad investments hurt all of society. It's money better invested elsewhere.
Cuterebra
AG
$75M is a lot, but he also coaches special teams. You have to keep that in mind. We are saving a bit of money there.
Gil Renard
AG
Dan Wolkens wife uses to bang Aggies. It's clear the guy has a beef constantly with A&M
cevans_40
AG
Envy is a deadly sin folks
Iowaggie
AG
When comparing paycheck with performance, about half the coaches on that list are underpaid and about half are over paid.

I'll save my anger for year 4 or 5. Nothing's happening before that time.
Snake
AG
Do you guys work in the real world? You pay and often over pay to bring in talent. You pay a person for what they have done in the past with the hope they'll duplicate that or exceed it. Sometimes you hit a homerun, sometimes you hit a single and other times you strikeout. Change takes time. It's easy to find exceptions for either side of the argument. Bottomline, he's not going anywhere so just relax and find something else to argue about during the week like whether Mond should start or not.

You guys are worse than listening to the neighborhood hens ***** about the new crossing guards.
Snake
AG
Iowaggie said:

When comparing paycheck with performance, about half the coaches on that list are underpaid and about half are over paid.

I'll save my anger for year 4 or 5. Nothing's happening before that time.

Exactly
OrygunAg
AG
Bo Darville said:

Guys did you hear that Jimbo makes $75 million over 10 years?!?

No but I heard mark may so.ething 5 guys
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Sponge said:

We could have had two Kyle Field DJ's.
Sparkie
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Sponge said:

We could have had two Kyle Field DJ's.

I heard we had two but the other guy changed his commitment at the last minute. It was for the best. I heard he spins the records backwards and we never really wanted him after all.
RGLAG85
AG
Snake said:

Do you guys work in the real world? You pay and often over pay to bring in talent. You pay a person for what they have done in the past with the hope they'll duplicate that or exceed it. Sometimes you hit a homerun, sometimes you hit a single and other times you strikeout. Change takes time. It's easy to find exceptions for either side of the argument. Bottomline, he's not going anywhere so just relax and find something else to argue about during the week like whether Mond should start or not.

You guys are worse than listening to the neighborhood hens ***** about the new crossing guards.
northeastag
AG
Snake said:

Yes, I do work in the real world, and have for a very long time. I've NEVER seen a 10 year contract.

But hey, college football really isn't the real world.
NyAggie
AG
Don't look at sabans time at bama or Urbans at uf or Ohio st for an accurate results timeline

Look at sabans time at mich st or LSU or Dabo at Clemson for a more accurate picture of what the road to a title will look like

Not gonna be an overnight fix, it's gonna take a few seasons of growing pains

The schedule this year is really getting to some folks on these boards

Replace Clemson and UGA with 2 winnable games and suddenly we are 5-2 and ranked with an outlook of a probable 9 win season instead of 4-3 unranked and a probable 7 Win season

Jimbo has this thing on track

chipotle
Everyone should just stop going to the games til year 4.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.