Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Top 5 observations from Saturday

2,906 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Franklin Delano Bluth
WhataMaroon88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1. Special teams did a better overall job after the bama debacle minus the missed FG from 28.

2. Held Plumlee to 38 yards rushing - not bad.

3. Running game had best time all year. Still was average at best, but clearly improving finally

4. Tight end usage is on the rise and seems Fisher has found his man. Looking better each week

5. Younger players starting to shine after coming into the season around 120th in starting experience... the lack of experience after QB and WR has been exposed big time first half of this year.
JoeAggie5
4. Remember Cupp was going to be his man, then he got hurt but Wydermyer is doing well.
vander54
S
WhataMaroon88 said:

1. Special teams did a better overall job after the bama debacle minus the missed FG from 28.

2. Held Plumlee to 38 yards rushing - not bad.

3. Running game had best time all year. Still was average at best, but clearly improving finally

4. Tight end usage is on the rise and seems Fisher has found his man. Looking better each week

5. Younger players starting to shine after coming into the season around 120th in starting experience... the lack of experience after QB and WR has been exposed big time first half of this year.

This is my biggest reason I'm not completely shocked by the play this year. I knee it was possible with how little talent we have as Jr and Sr.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
6. Majority of Texags was upset about a road victory that anyone w a pulse knew was a toss up
WhataMaroon88
AG
JoeAggie5 said:

4. Remember Cupp was going to be his man, then he got hurt but Wydermyer is doing well.

Definitely. Looks like we may have 2 solid TE for a couple of years 2020-21. Will be nice.
WhataMaroon88
AG
Franklin Delano Bluth said:

6. Majority of Texags was upset about a road victory that anyone w a pulse knew was a toss up

Majority of Texags has a football IQ of 60
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Takes one ----
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
FarmersFight84
Agreed. Conference road win, doesn't matter who you play, are always going to be tough. Solid W and now it's time to sweep the Mississippi schools for the first time!
OldShadeOfBlue
AG

The majority of Texags feels the game against a 3-4 team should never have been considered a toss up in the first place
NoahAg
-Resilience. I admit, BAS started to creep in before Buddy took the fumble recovery to the house. Before that I was worried Ole Miss may run away with it.

-Playcalling. I think it's getting better. Between the jet sweep/reverses using Davis, getting Wydermeyer involved, and allowing Mond to use his legs it seems like things are opening up.

-Mond. Faults or not he is a leader and wants to win. Yes the INTs were bad (2nd was a great catch); but he is willing this team on offense.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

The majority of Texags feels the game against a 3-4 team should never have been considered a toss up in the first place

See whatamaroon's post about football iq
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.