Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Baylor fans are insufferable

15,819 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by basic8
McKinney Ag69
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone here honestly think that SMU and Baylor would not have the same record as us if they played our schedule? I could argue that they stand a very good chance of losing to Ole Miss on the road. They certainly would not have beaten Clemson, Bama, or Auburn. The rankings are a complete joke.

Living in Dallas one tends to run into Baylor and SMU alums from time to time and they seem to be riding high even though Baylor has not played anyone and needed game winning drives to beat Tech and and Iowa State. SMU barely beat Tulsa for heavens sake.

Before anyone links the Old Rivalries board to this thread, Aggie FB related because we could play those idiots in a bowl game and we compete for recruits with them.
TAMUallen
AG
Patience grasshopper! They'll fade away soon
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
gigem17 said:

Does anyone here honestly think that SMU and Baylor would not have the same record as us if they played our schedule? I could argue that they stand a very good chance of losing to Ole Miss on the road. They certainly would not have beaten Clemson, Bama, or Auburn. The rankings are a complete joke.

Living in Dallas one tends to run into Baylor and SMU alums from time to time and they seem to be riding high even though Baylor has not played anyone and needed game winning drives to beat Tech and and Iowa State. SMU barely beat Tulsa for heavens sake.

Before anyone links the Old Rivalries board to this thread, Aggie FB related because we could play those idiots in a bowl game and we compete for recruits with them.
So, same as every other team?
Unemployed
AG
gigem17 said:

Let them enjoy their success. Why let it get to you?

You're just as insufferable as them for whining about it.
OutdoorAg
AG
Dude, leave SMU fans alone. After the hell they have endured the last 25-30 years, let them enjoy their ride. Sure their schedule is a lot weaker than ours, but who cares. They are 7-0 and for SMU, that is amazing. Good luck Ponies.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I've picked against Baylor three weeks in a row and they've proved me wrong. They looked a lot better then OKST this weekend. Hasty is fast and reminds me of Ainias Smith, the only difference being they give him the ball. And Brewer looks solid.

To answer your question, yes, they'd be 4-3 just like us. But probably would have looked better doing it. I'd expect them to beat Arkansas and Ole Miss by 35 combined. Not 11 like us.
McKinney Ag69
AG
Baylor and A&M are within the same geographic area competing for the same recruits. It takes a little over an hour to get to Waco. Schools of Baylor's size on the other side of the country are not competing with us for Texas recruits year in and year out.
KerrvilleAg
We would beat the ever lovin snot out of both of them. I don't care what their record is, they best team they've played is barely better than the worse we've played.
McKinney Ag69
AG
It is not that them enjoying success is bothering me, it's the massive amount of s*** talking they do as they climb in the rankings. This is more directed towards Baylor since they are in a more equivalent conference. Asking where A&M is ranked, why we paid 75M to be 4-3 etc. SMU does not bother me. I just throw them in because they are put at the top of the debate about who the best team in Texas is.
BoydCrowder13
gigem17 said:

A&M will be playing neither in a bowl.

SMU could be Cotton Bowl bound.

Baylor is likely Alamo Bowl at worst.

Aggies will be in the Texas Bowl vs Okie State.

SMU has a weak schedule but give them a break. They've had a rough 30 years.

Baylor had a weak OOC schedule but they have some decent wins.

A win at K State isn't bad. They will likely go 7-5.

Iowa State is pretty good. They might finish higher than Texas. They should go 8-4 or 9-3. Their 2 losses are by 1 point to #20 Iowa and by 2 points to Baylor.

Oklahoma State isn't great this year but they will also finish 8-4 or so. Winning at their place is tough. They have 6 10+ win seasons in the last decade (with recent wins over Mizzou, Washington, Va Tech, Oregon St, Boise, Pitt, etc).

Baylor isn't top tier yet but they have a real chance to go 9-3, 10-2 or even 11-1. They have Texas and OU back to back in November at home.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
I'm a proud SMU t-shirt fan. Loved Eric Dickerson as a kid. Baylor can EAD.
BoydCrowder13
KerrvilleAg said:

We would beat the ever lovin snot out of both of them. I don't care what their record is, they best team they've played is barely better than the worse we've played.
Okie State and Iowa State are much better than Arkansas, Ole Miss, Texas State and Lamar. None of those team are bowl bound. Ole Miss will be a 4 win team and Arkansas will be 3 win team.
Spotted Ag
AG
OutdoorAg said:

Dude, leave SMU fans alone. After the hell they have endured the last 25-30 years, let them enjoy their ride. Sure their schedule is a lot weaker than ours, but who cares. They are 7-0 and for SMU, that is amazing. Good luck Ponies.
LOL, Chad Morris leaves and they go 7-0. And to think, a lot of people wanted Morris here, hahahahahahaha
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
KerrvilleAg
Means NOTHING when you play a schedule either loaded with patsies or SEC West. Maybe you can figure that out, but I'm not sure.
SA-AG72
AG
Don't care. Astros in World Series!
BoydCrowder13
KerrvilleAg said:

Means NOTHING when you play a schedule either loaded with patsies or SEC West. Maybe you can figure that out, but I'm not sure.
Arkansas (lost to San Jose St and Auburn by 41) is better than Iowa State and Oklahoma St?

Do you watch football? Did you see that fake punt this weekend?
KerrvilleAg
That's nice that you pick an example of a bad team, and the same bad team making a bad play......yet hold up the overall record of teams (smu, bu) that CLEARLY play overall weaker competition. We'd beat the snot out of both of them.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Most BDF fans refuse to acknowledge the superiority of the SEC. The computer rankings are wrong, the NFL is stupid for drafting so many SEC players, etc..."SEC Bias" is what they call it.

They are wrong, but good luck convincing them.
BoydCrowder13
KerrvilleAg said:

That's nice that you pick an example of a bad team, and the same bad team making a bad play......yet hold up the overall record of teams (smu, bu) that CLEARLY play overall weaker competition. We'd beat the snot out of both of them.
Sagarin has Baylor opponents ranked

-Iowa St (17)
-Okalahoma St (26)
-Kansas St (36)
-Texas Tech (47)

Aggies have played

-Bama (2)
-Clemson (4)
-Auburn (7)
-Ole Miss (57)
-Arkansas (88)

Aggie have had 3 really difficult games so far. Ole Miss and Arkansas suck and are worse than the other teams Baylor has played.

The point is that the SEC West is super top heavy. The bottom teams are bad. Can't just say SEC SEC SEC and change that. Big 12 has pretty good parity this year outside of Kansas.
WhataMaroon88
AG
Baylor can't control how good the rest of the conference is or isn't. The polls are always going to favor overall record plus or minus a loss over SOS. A&M has not looked the part of a top 25 team, tough schedule or not. We will have our chance to have a gaudy record too with little quality wins around this time next year.
wyoag93
AG
I hate Baylor as much as anyone, but their coach has them playing fundamentally sound football. He is a good coach, no doubt. They don't have as much talent on the field, but they are well coached.
Evanhue
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

Aggies will be in the Texas Bowl vs Okie State.

Pass the puke bucket...
counter subconscious espionage
KerrvilleAg
So true.
McKinney Ag69
AG
This is straight from SEC rant in a thread titled "The State of Texas." Rightly, or wrongly this is how we are perceived by some of our fellow fans in conference.

"Is incredibly mediocre this year. Literally the best team in Texas is SMU, who hasn't been ranked since they got the death penalty. Texas sucks, especially on defense, Texas A&M is awful, even the occasional TCU or Texas Tech who can have a random good year are bad. The only other team that has any claim is Baylor and they aren't very good either. The SEC should be poaching that Big 12 state for recruits in a big way."
KerrvilleAg
Play your Sagarin game in a few weeks. We'd beat the snot bu.
Frok
AG
Baylor is having a good season. Good for them.
AgsMnn
AG
Baylor should have 1 loss against Tech.
Stone44
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

KerrvilleAg said:

Sagarin has Baylor opponents ranked

-Iowa St (17)
-Okalahoma St (26)
-Kansas St (36)
-Texas Tech (47)

Aggies have played

-Bama (2)
-Clemson (4)
-Auburn (7)
-Ole Miss (57)
-Arkansas (88)

Aggie have had 3 really difficult games so far. Ole Miss and Arkansas suck and are worse than the other teams Baylor has played.

The point is that the SEC West is super top heavy. The bottom teams are bad. Can't just say SEC SEC SEC and change that. Big 12 has pretty good parity this year outside of Kansas.
"Good parity"? Does that mean crappy?
BoydCrowder13
KerrvilleAg said:

Play your Sagarin game in a few weeks. We'd beat the snot bu.
Use the metrics you've got. My cousin went to Arkansas. I watch them closely each year. They are awful. Like Kansas and Rutgers awful.

I was at the Ole Miss game this weekend. Ole Miss is very bad. They literally gave the Aggies the game.

Brag about the great teams we have lost to if you want. Our wins are much worse than Baylor's wins.
Alpha Texan
AG
It could be because I was born well after the death penalty and SMU's powerhouse days, but I've never once met an SMU football fan that I found to be annoying or disrespectful. All 3 of em.

I enjoying seeing them do well.

Baylor is not going to be a threat like they were under Briles' days and I would love to see them make life miserable for the big 12 by helping knock important, money football programs out of the playoff and other big bowl games like tu and OU.
Agvet12
AG
**** it, Go Ponies. We all know they're the tallest midget but let them enjoy being the closest to 5' tall
DE4D
AG
tbh the fake punt was brilliant in design, and terrible in execution.
500,000ags
AG
The reason why the SEC is better is because we control our own destiny. That's the meal ticket. We might suck, we might struggle to get to 9 wins most seasons, but at the end of the day, IF we pull out a 10-2 or 11-1 record, we have a great chance at the playoff. The Big 12 fans know the SEC schools control their own destiny and will do so for the foreseeable future. This drives them crazy because they could be 9-1 or 10-0 and not get in, and that drives them crazy.
txaggieacct85
AG
I'm a Baylor fan... or I'm pretending to be one...

National Championship baby! just six more wins! we got this! sic 'em!!
Actual Talking Thermos
Agvet12 said:

**** it, Go Ponies. We all know they're the tallest midget but let them enjoy being the closest to 5' tall
And what of a tallish midget who gets invited to a party with some really tall people in attendance, and somehow becomes convinced that this makes him tall by association
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.