Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Larry Pryor gone

13,513 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by beerad12man
Spyderman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agvet12 said:

Spyderman said:

Blade is the only cb we got. The others...

Erick Young (hurt)? Lol
Future S if not lb....same with Williams.

IMO
Sgt. Schultz
AG
W said:

another 4-star Texas high school defensive back --- not SEC caliber.

there have been a bunch of them come through Aggieland in the past 7 years
There will be more attrition. Some of the guys we trot out there in the secondary have ZERO football instinct with regard to angles, are slow, and to top it off, are reluctant to hit somebody.
I know NOTHING!!!!
W
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

W said:

another 4-star Texas high school defensive back --- not SEC caliber.

there have been a bunch of them come through Aggieland in the past 7 years

Not really, most our our guys were high 3-stars we had to settle for after Sumlin missed out on all the 4 and 5 star guys to tu, Bama, LSU etc. The way tu is playing this year against the pass, you really have to question recruiting rankings or the coaching in Austin.
I need to dig up the list from a couple of years ago of all the 4-star Texas HS DB's that signed with A&M in the SEC era or played for A&M in the SEC era.

at the time only 1 of the 10 turned into a great player (Armani Watts). It was not pretty and explained many of A&M's secondary woes
W
AG
it's fair to question the rankings too.

longhorn safety Brandon Jones was a highly coveted 5-star. He's a senior now.

he was Big 12 "honorable mention" last year.

maybe he'll make 1st team all-Big 12 this year
rootube
AG
W said:

it's fair to question the rankings too.

longhorn safety Brandon Jones was a highly coveted 5-star. He's a senior now.

he was Big 12 "honorable mention" last year.

maybe he'll make 1st team all-Big 12 this year
In their defense, they had a lot of injuries and they have a lot of young guys playing but if anyone in the Texas secondary makes 1st team anything this year there should be an investigation.
Tango_Mike
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Quote:

We have no idea what kind of terms he's leaving on.

He may have suffered an injury .

There may be personal reasons such as an illness in his family that he has to deal with.

We just don't know.

I already dealt with this. Jimbo choses his words carefully and would have said something better if there were something better to say. Moral certainty? No, but 90% chance its not good.
You've actually done nothing but give your wild speculation.
Ifishandlie
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Quote:

We have no idea what kind of terms he's leaving on.

He may have suffered an injury .

There may be personal reasons such as an illness in his family that he has to deal with.

We just don't know.

I already dealt with this. Jimbo choses his words carefully and would have said something better if there were something better to say. Moral certainty? No, but 90% chance its not good.

Two different threads you've posted "I've already dealt with this..,"

I hate to be the one that tells you this but you don't know ***t. Zero. Just like the rest of us.

It's called guessing when you don't know. YOU think you know, but you don't.

You haven't dealt with anything. You've offered your opinion. Nothing more.

Agvet12
AG
Spyderman said:

Agvet12 said:

Spyderman said:

Blade is the only cb we got. The others...

Erick Young (hurt)? Lol
Future S if not lb....same with Williams.

IMO

Williams is a true S .... Young is a CB again he's RS due to an injury
Agsuffering@bulaw
I offered solid reasoning. Humans make reasonable deductions based on patterns. To say otherwise is unreasonable.

1. Does Jimbo choose his words carefully? Yes- would you honestly argue otherwise?
2. Does Jimbo usually try to paint his players in the best possible light? Yes
3. Does "no longer with the program" sound terrible? Yes

If he left under reasonable circumstances, how likely would Jimbo have emphasized the reasonableness?

I would say very likely, given what I have seen from Jimbo. That's called an informed opinion. Not my problem if you dont like it.
mmcinnis
My daughter dated Larry for about 2 years and I would like to say what a considerate and good guy that he is. I have not spoken to Larry in about a year since they broke things off, but I wish the very best for him.

If he did graduate, earned his ring and a degree from Texas A&M University, I think that is what counts the most. I don't know what circumstances prompted Larry to make this decision, but a lot of people are hitting it on this thread and it appears to be lack of PT at the Safety position.

For the past number of seasons, Larry played on all 4 of the Special Teams and tied for 2nd in tackles at this years Auburn game, coming off the bench. As I stated, I'm not certain what led Larry to make this decision, but he is a really good guy and I wish him the very best.
CHOCOLATE CHIP TRIP
mmcinnis said:

My daughter dated Larry for about 2 years and I would like to say what a considerate and good guy that he is. I have not spoken to Larry in about a year since they broke things off, but I wish the very best for him.

If he did graduate, earned his ring and a degree from Texas A&M University, I think that is what counts the most. I don't know what circumstances prompted Larry to make this decision, but a lot of people are hitting it on this thread and it appears to be lack of PT at the Safety position.

For the past number of seasons, Larry played on all 4 of the Special Teams and tied for 2nd in tackles at this years Auburn game, coming off the bench. As I stated, I'm not certain what led Larry to make this decision, but he is a really good guy and I wish him the very best.

Dude. Rule number 1.
Sparkie
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

I offered solid reasoning. Humans make reasonable deductions based on patterns. To say otherwise is unreasonable.

1. Does Jimbo choose his words carefully? Yes- would you honestly argue otherwise?
2. Does Jimbo usually try to paint his players in the best possible light? Yes
3. Does "no longer with the program" sound terrible? Yes

If he left under reasonable circumstances, how likely would Jimbo have emphasized the reasonableness?

I would say very likely, given what I have seen from Jimbo. That's called an informed opinion. Not my problem if you dont like it.

He left due to an injury. He decided not to sign a waiver for personal reasons. Obviously, Jimbo had to choose his words carefully.

It's called HIPAA *****!!!

Ya, this post is total bull**** just like your informed decision.
AggieBlu
AG
New father and a likely new job opportunity to take care of his family. Why risk injury and currently being buried in the depth chart.
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
beerad12man
AG
Lots of pure speculation on this thread, but from what I have gathered he has his degree. That's what matters most. He isn't an NFL guy.

The far more likely reason he left now is that during the bye week, he realized his PT was going to be less and less moving forward and that it was better to go ahead and move on. He has a family to think about and it was no longer worth the time and grind.

Anything else is just unnecessary speculation and likely wrong.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.