Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Larry Pryor gone

13,516 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by beerad12man
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Per jimbos presser he's no longer with the program.

Was this expected?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

riverrataggie
AG
Seems odd. But he always seemed like he didn't get it upstairs as he was continually out of position. Best of luck to him.
Dale Gribble
I was honestly surprised he didn't grad transfer before the year.
Spyderman
AG
Blade is the only cb we got. The others...
A New Hope
I had high hope for him when he committed but time showed he wasn't an asset in the defensive backfield.
technoviking
AG
Good luck to him. Brian Williams playing meant he wasn't going to have a chance going forward.
Mr.Bond
AG
And tucker is redshirt ing

Secondary is.... Woof
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

HeGone
This seems especially odd since he is a RS-Sr. Obviously bypassed by Demani. Williams played a lot at safety last week. Don't know if he had previously beaten out Pryor or the extra playing time was a result of Pryor leaving. Given that Pryor wasn't counting against next year's numbers anyway, I don't see any advantage to the Ags in losing an extra body this year.
usmcbrooks
Well, at least Jimbo isn't throwing coaches under the bus.
W
AG
another 4-star Texas high school defensive back --- not SEC caliber.

there have been a bunch of them come through Aggieland in the past 7 years
Agsuffering@bulaw
Must have done something off the field. He was getting on the field at the beginning of the season.
Just Tired
Mr.Bond said:

And tucker is redshirt ing

Secondary is.... Woof

and yet... they are considerably better than last year.
beerad12man
AG
My guess is Pryor just decided it was no longer worth it. It isn't in his future.

As for Tucker, he was getting passed by FR/SO. Sucks. I had high hopes for him.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Agalyst said:

This seems especially odd since he is a RS-Sr. Obviously bypassed by Demani. Williams played a lot at safety last week. Don't know if he had previously beaten out Pryor or the extra playing time was a result of Pryor leaving. Given that Pryor wasn't counting against next year's numbers anyway, I don't see any advantage to the Ags in losing an extra body this year.
This is really weird that Pryor just up and is no longer part of the program. This was his 5th year and was contributing every game on defense and special teams. He must have done something pretty bad to get kicked off with that kind of experience. I highly doubt he just quit.
SteveA
AG
Is he the one that *****ed out tackling that Clemson RB?
Matsui
AG
If both want to play more they need to go elsewhere. Reality of the situation. Tucker too.
ironmanag
AG
The sheer stupidity of the zoo is astonishing.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
randy828
AG
SteveA said:

Are you thinking about the Arkansas RB or was there another time we did it against Clemson? The Arky game was Myles Jones 10 and Demani Richardson 26.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
94chem
randy828 said:

SteveA said:

Are you thinking about the Arkansas RB or was there another time we did it against Clemson? The Arky game was Myles Jones 10 and Demani Richardson 26.
After Richardson's "tackle" on the long Ole Miss TD run, they should go Clockwork Orange on him at film session.
BQ-ESQ99
AG
Yea!! Another no facts just speculate thread.
Mr.Bond
AG
ironmanag said:

The sheer stupidity of the zoo is astonishing.

Enlighten us oh mighty one

JoeAggie5
No way he saw limited reps, realizing his future isn't football, and decided he's going to focus on academics, interviewing for jobs, etc? Think about your last semester in school, if football isn't his future he would have no time to do anything other than on campus interviews between now and bowl game.

Emilio Fantastico
AG
W said:

Not really, most our our guys were high 3-stars we had to settle for after Sumlin missed out on all the 4 and 5 star guys to tu, Bama, LSU etc. The way tu is playing this year against the pass, you really have to question recruiting rankings or the coaching in Austin.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Possibly, but beyond foolish if so. He had 5 games left. The aggie network is worth far more than almost any interview. He had a mediocre career and is now leaving on bad terms.
Agvet12
AG
Spyderman said:

Blade is the only cb we got. The others...

Erick Young (hurt)? Lol
SA68AG
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Possibly, but beyond foolish if so. He had 5 games left. The aggie network is worth far more than almost any interview. He had a mediocre career and is now leaving on bad terms.
We have no idea what kind of terms he's leaving on.

He may have suffered an injury .

There may be personal reasons such as an illness in his family that he has to deal with.

We just don't know.

Token
AG
W said:

they seem to work just fine for Ohio State, LSU and Bama.

This excuse is tiring
whatthehey78
AG
W said:

IMHO...Texas HS Def players are over rated. Typically avoid contact and play soft. If you're paying attention, Jimbo is recruiting out-of-state players.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

We have no idea what kind of terms he's leaving on.

He may have suffered an injury .

There may be personal reasons such as an illness in his family that he has to deal with.

We just don't know.

I already dealt with this. Jimbo choses his words carefully and would have said something better if there were something better to say. Moral certainty? No, but 90% chance its not good.
whatthehey78
AG
Token said:

W said:

they seem to work just fine for Ohio State, LSU and Bama.

This excuse is tiring
I think the stats are sufficiently telling. Watched any ANY B12 defense lately? Especially TT, ut, TCU, OU, OSU. ut def couldn't slow down KU last weekend. Yeah...KU who posted 48 on that vaunted, over ranked horns. These kids want no-part of contact football.
30wedge
Maybe he wanted to avoid the Texas Bowl?
LeftyAg89
AG
Dang, I remember back in the day when I was in school we were DBU/LBU! So many pro DBs and LBs from the 80's and early 90's
LukeDuke
AG
Good luck to Larry!

He identifies himself as a "Texas A&M Alum" now on Twitter. If he has a degree already that's awesome!
Aston04
AG
BQ-ESQ99 said:

Yea!! Another no facts just speculate thread.
well we don't have the Fran insider, so zoo gonna zoo. Be not much to talk about otherwise.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

W said:

Not really, most our our guys were high 3-stars we had to settle for after Sumlin missed out on all the 4 and 5 star guys to tu, Bama, LSU etc. The way tu is playing this year against the pass, you really have to question recruiting rankings or the coaching in Austin.
What does Austin have to do with anything? I think your first point is correct though. There seems to be a big problem with Texas High School football development.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.