Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If we finish regular season 6-6 or 7-5.....

6,562 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by northeastag
Post removed:
by user
lil_frog8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
USCe would be best win but better question who would be our best loss? Having possibly lost to two possibly three number one teams and probably 3 playoff teams.
Fighting Texas Aggie class of '04
WhataMaroon88
AG
It's a very polarizing schedule this year. We could be 0-5 against top 15 teams and 7-0 against the bottom half of D1. Probably our bowl game against like a 7-5 tcu or kstate team
technoviking
AG
I think LSU beats Bama this year.

We'll play three number 1s this year
Post removed:
by user
technoviking
AG
It's a rebuilding year, did you expect to be competitive with playoff teams?
greg.w.h
AG
Right now it's Ole Miss...
CHOCOLATE CHIP TRIP
lil_frog8 said:

USCe would be best win but better question who would be our best loss? Having possibly lost to two possibly three number one teams and probably 3 playoff teams.

A loss is a loss, so who gives a *****
Muy
AG
technoviking said:

I think LSU beats Bama this year.

We'll play three number 1s this year

Tap the breaks, I think Bama rolls LSU as well.
Alpha Texan
AG
Best win will be LSU after we lose to UTSA
AGHouston11
AG
7-5 is where logic would have put us before the season and 8-4 if we had one upset which hopefully would have been Auburn.

But reading here you would think think program is burning down.
vander54
S
AGHouston11 said:

7-5 is where logic would have put us before the season and 8-4 if we had one upset which hopefully would have been Auburn.

I agree. I was thinking 8-4 but our OL is not strong enough yet for that to happen.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Yep. 8-4 or even possibly 9-3 were all based on the Oline being what they were at the end of last year.

Since they are nowhere near that, 7-5 would be a good year.
BoydCrowder13
technoviking said:

According to this site, Aggies have been rebuilding since 2012.
Sparkie
AG
technoviking said:

You obviously don't pay for jimbo's secret email. Next year is the rebuilding year.

Listen to the pool boy, follow the maroon rabbit, ignore letters in the mailbox. If your bas is strong enough you just might get an invite. Until then, pay attention to the black swag helicopters.
APHIS AG
7-5 if we are lucky, worse case 5-7. We are coming off a bye for SC and we usually suck after a bye. What will make things interesting is that if there are not enough teams to fill bowl slots, we may still get a bowl at 5-7.
BQ-ESQ99
AG
Lamar.
HelloUncleNateFitch
AGHouston11 said:

It's not that it's burning down, it's that we're not improving and are just all around frustrating to watch.

Our rbs can't make anyone miss, and our o-line can't give them any push or open things up consistently.

Sometimes Mond is inaccurate, his timeline is off, or he doesn't see the field. Other times Mond is on his game, he's getting pressured because our o-line is soft. Other times Mond is great, o line is great, but our receivers drop the ball, miss their route, won't get open.

Our defense as a whole plays well 85% of the time, but then give up huge chunks of yardage just because of poor execution.

Our discipline is poor, and it's tough to watch this Jimbo team.

SECTAMU#1
I think I saw a projection of us playing Duke in the Music City Bowl. So my guess is Duke.
TX scallywAG
AG
lil_frog8 said:

Lamar made FCS playoffs last year... maybe 4 playoff teams
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
ebag02
AG
AGHouston11 said:

Auburn was an upset. Auburn was a 4 point underdog in that game.
Saint Pablo
lil_frog8 said:

Quality losses>>>>>
AGHouston11
AG
ebag02 said:

AGHouston11 said:

Auburn was an upset. Auburn was a 4 point underdog in that game.

I understand what you are saying.

It's just that is getting caught up in the Vegas lines. Us beating Auburn would have been an upset in our list of upsets when the season started. Seeing where Auburn is now it's obvious Vegas got it wrong.
AGHouston11
AG
UncleNateFitch said:

AGHouston11 said:

It's not that it's burning down, it's that we're not improving and are just all around frustrating to watch.

Our rbs can't make anyone miss, and our o-line can't give them any push or open things up consistently.

Sometimes Mond is inaccurate, his timeline is off, or he doesn't see the field. Other times Mond is on his game, he's getting pressured because our o-line is soft. Other times Mond is great, o line is great, but our receivers drop the ball, miss their route, won't get open.

Our defense as a whole plays well 85% of the time, but then give up huge chunks of yardage just because of poor execution.

Our discipline is poor, and it's tough to watch this Jimbo team.

Agree with your assessment. But we have RB's injured. Mond is Mond and that is the hand we have been given.
The receivers are frustrating and don't help matters at all in many cases.

I always thought to me the goal this year is to hold recruiting by being respectable. Next year to me the demands should be much higher.

Cassius
South Carolina.
TMartin
Qualify for a bowl and everything after that is about figuring out who can play in the SEC and recruiting. The bowl is more about extra days of practice than anything else.
PA24
AG
8-4 most likely outcome
NavyAg92
AG
What would happen if A&M lost to UTSA??
NowhereMan
AM beats MS State
AM beats TAMU
AM beats GA
AM beats LSU

Fight onward
Cassius
PaulTony said:

AM beats MS State
AM beats TAMU
AM beats GA
AM beats LSU

Fight onward

Wine is good
Tobias Funke
AG
PaulTony said:

AM beats MS State
AM beats TAMU
AM beats GA
AM beats LSU

Fight onward

I feel like you took a misstep here
MaroonStain
AG
Ubitag said:

8-4 most likely outcome

If we finish 8-4 and add a bowl win to finish 9-4 (same record as last season with a less talented roster), then the word 'luck' will be posted at least 5,713 times between end of season and 1st kickoff in 2020.

Edit: I think we can possibly be 7-3 headed to Athens and pull off an upset versus GA or LSWho.
2thFixinAg
Georgia lost to SC this year and the sips last year. why do most people think we can't beat them too? Were both those teams better than us?
W
AG
it's been a strange year-1-to-year-2 history for A&M coaches.

R.C. was +1 in the win column from 1989 to 1990.

Fran was +3 in the win column from 2003 to 2004.

Sherman was +2 from 2008 to 2009.

Sumlin was -2 from 2012 to 2013

and Jimbo...we'll see. Probably going to be -1 or -2.

so some past A&M coaches have been able to fix some problems after the first season
MaroonStain
AG
Not very difficult going +2 when a coach goes 4-8...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.