Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Finish 2019 with Mond. 2020 we need to look at our options

9,397 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Loyalty
Loyalty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
samhoustonag said:

Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

Off_The_Wood said:

We won't go 10-2 without the pieces you mentioned regardless of who the QB is.
Exactly. Mond is not the problem and frankly has earned and deserves respect. Offensively, he IMO is the reason we beat ole miss.

Put Mond in the Alabama offense and he's a rock star.

LOL

Saban wouldn't keep a QB who overthrows wide open receivers the way mond does.

Mond would have been benched a long time ago.

Don't think you would see overthrown balls as much if he were on an Alabama team where he had the protection and supporting cast Tua has. That was my point above. But hey, you wanna hate on the guy knock yourself out. Hope you feel better.
He overthrows even when he has plenty of time.

Uh...nope. Lol.
beerad12man
AG
Mond is a good QB. He's not a great QB. But he's a good, solid QB and I'm confident Jimbo has made the right decision to keep him in this year as I believe in all likelihood he gives us the best chance to win. If someone else beats him out in the spring, then so be it. But I doubt that would happen. He in all likelihood gives us our best chance to win next year, too.

Do I "KNOW" these things. Of course not. But I find it to be a very reasonable guess.
Ags4DaWin
Round Rock AG said:

samhoustonag said:

Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

Off_The_Wood said:

Exactly. Mond is not the problem and frankly has earned and deserves respect. Offensively, he IMO is the reason we beat ole miss.

LOL

Don't think you would see overthrown balls as much if he were on an Alabama team where he had the protection and supporting cast Tua has. That was my point above. But hey, you wanna hate on the guy knock yourself out. Hope you feel better.

Uh...nope. Lol.

The third play of the clemson game disagrees with you.

He underthrows and overthrows even when noone is in his face. His mechanics are a problem. He isn't triple clutching as much this year as he did last year, but accuracy is an issue.

If you are saying its not then its obvious you have zero football knowledge.

See the stat comparisons I posted if you need verification.
Loyalty
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

samhoustonag said:

Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

Off_The_Wood said:

LOL

Uh...nope. Lol.

He underthrows and overthrows even when noone is in his face. His mechanics are a problem. He isn't triple clutching as much this year as he did last year, but accuracy is an issue.

Has he over thrown a ball, yes. But you make sound like that's all he does. He's made a lot of great plays throwing the ball. Look, you hate the guy. I get it. But Mond is the reason we won the last game. And if you can't see that then you're s fool.

Btw, I know more about football than you. Adios.
Ags4DaWin
Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

samhoustonag said:

Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

Off_The_Wood said:

LOL

Uh...nope. Lol.

Has he over thrown a ball, yes. But you make sound like that's all he does. He's made a lot of great plays throwing the ball. Look, you hate the guy. I get it. But Mond is the reason we won the last game. And if you can't see that then you're s fool.

I DON'T hate the guy.

Maybe he is the best we have right now. I get that. But the apologists and the guys stating that he is the reason we are winning kill me.
1) You guys know nothing about football.
2) You are wrong.
3) This mindset is the reason the program has been mired in mediocrity because to you guys mediocre looks like a Heisman winner. Sorry. if you put sprinkles on a turd it is still a turd.
Loyalty
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

samhoustonag said:

Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

Off_The_Wood said:

LOL

Uh...nope. Lol.

I DON'T hate the guy.

Maybe he is the best we have right now. I get that. But the apologists and the guys stating that he is the reason we are winning kill me.
2) You are wrong.
3) This mindset is the reason the program has been mired in mediocrity because to you guys mediocre looks like a Heisman winner. Sorry. if you put sprinkles on a turd it is still a turd.

You're emotionally exaggerating in your comments. I've never said nor ever heard anyone say anything about Mond and the heisman. Can you not acknowledge that if it weren't for Monds performance against ole miss we lose that game? No more, no less.
Ags4DaWin
Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

samhoustonag said:

Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

Off_The_Wood said:

LOL

Uh...nope. Lol.

I DON'T hate the guy.

2) You are wrong.

You're emotionally exaggerating in your comments. I've never said nor ever heard anyone say anything about Mond and the heisman. Can you not acknowledge that if it weren't for Monds performance against ole miss we lose that game? No more, no less.

No. Mond did not win us that game.

Mond threw 2 picks.

If Buddy Johnson doesn't get the scoop and score we lose that game. The defense won us that game and supported subpar offensive production.

But now I know that Mond's dad posts on Texags. So thanks for confirming that.
TyperWoods
I want to trust Jimbo about the QB selection.
I want Mond to succeed.
I'm just not seeing it year 3, and year 2 under Jimbo.

I think Mond is still slow with decisions.
I think he's too inaccurate too often.
I don't think he's very elusive.
samhoustonag
Round Rock AG said:

samhoustonag said:

Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

Off_The_Wood said:

LOL

Uh...nope. Lol.
Haven't watched the Ags much this fall, eh?
Cassius
Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

Off_The_Wood said:

LOL

He overthrows quick bubble screens when he has no pressure. He's always overthrown receivers. Last year, this year. Its not the Oline.
Loyalty
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

samhoustonag said:

Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

Off_The_Wood said:

LOL

Uh...nope. Lol.

I DON'T hate the guy.

2) You are wrong.

No. Mond did not win us that game.

Mond threw 2 picks.

If Buddy Johnson doesn't get the scoop and score we lose that game. The defense won us that game and supported subpar offensive production.

But now I know that Mond's dad posts on Texags. So thanks for confirming that.

Your wrong. Several guys had a great game last Saturday, but if Mond doesn't finish the game out the way he did....we lose. Like I said, you obviously hate the guy and want to judge him as if you know what your talking about. Whatever... keep talking blah blah blah. Clueless.
Loyalty
AG
Cassius said:

Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

Off_The_Wood said:

LOL

He overthrows quick bubble screens when he has no pressure. He's always overthrown receivers. Last year, this year. Its not the Oline.

He's thrown hundreds of good throws and has won games for us as well. LSU? Remember that one? The haters like you just want something to cry about. Keep wining. Meanwhile I'll choose to support the guy who plays his guts out on Saturday....through the good throws and the bad throws. Thanks Mond for playing like s warrior.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

Mond is right up at the top behind Tua and Burrow in the next tier of SEC QBs. The quicker you people accept that fact the better off tou'll Be over the next 14 months. Enjoy it

I see statements like this and just shake my head. The definition of delusional.
samhoustonag
Round Rock AG said:

Cassius said:

Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

Off_The_Wood said:

LOL

He's thrown hundreds of good throws and has won games for us as well. LSU? Remember that one? The haters like you just want something to cry about. Keep wining. Meanwhile I'll choose to support the guy who plays his guts out on Saturday....through the good throws and the bad throws. Thanks Mond for playing like s warrior.
If Mond had not started the second half against LSU 0-11, we never would have gone to OT. Remember that??
Loyalty
AG
samhoustonag said:

Round Rock AG said:

Cassius said:

Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

Off_The_Wood said:

LOL

If Mond had not started the second half against LSU 0-11, we never would have gone to OT. Remember that??
smh...
Grits
AG
Cassius said:

10-2? That's the goal for next year? Gonna be disappointed, especially if we have a first year QB. Jimbo should have written off this year and started grooming Calzada. But Jimbo is too proud and stubborn to do that. He's convinced he can turn Mond into an NFL draft pick. Mond will be the starter next year, book it.

This is actually an intelligent thought.
Reno Hightower
Calzada playing behind this Oline in Jimbo's offense would be epic.
MaroonStain
AG
Reno Hightower said:

Epic...disaster... A big chance of breaking a fish QBs spirit also.
MaroonStain
AG
samhoustonag said:

Round Rock AG said:

Cassius said:

Round Rock AG said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Round Rock AG said:

Off_The_Wood said:

LOL

24-17, we are driving and Trayveon fumbles, LSU gets a scoop & score to tie the game. This play was HUGE.
HunterAggie
Mr. Mond will be the starting QB in 2020. A senior with over 2 years experience.

He is a good quarterback, not great. Coach Fisher isn't going to change QBs (outside of an injury) from someone with that experience in his system.

In 2021, Mssrs. Calzada, Foster and King will battle it out for the starting position.

Then, more than likely, no matter who the winner, people will want the 2nd string to start instead about three games into the season.
beerad12man
AG
Again, Mond is a good but not great QB playing on a team that doesn't have enough around him to make up for that. A team with tons of issues, far more pressing than QB.

I continue to be amazed at how many think we can insert a true fish that was about a 50% passer as SR in high school and that be a logical answer to our problems. This isn't Trevor Lawrence waiting in the wings. It's highly illogical to think he can be better than Kellen Mond right now. And I doubt by next year, either.
samhoustonag
MaroonStain said:

Reno Hightower said:

Break his spirit?

If having a little adversity would break his spirit, he shouldn't be playing D1 ball.

Bunch of snowflakes...

Epic disaster? He would do better than Mond. Quicker release, quicker reads, better field awareness, senses when to move out of the pocket.
samhoustonag
HunterAggie said:

Mr. Mond will be the starting QB in 2020. A senior with over 2 years experience.

He is a good quarterback, not great. Coach Fisher isn't going to change QBs (outside of an injury) from someone with that experience in his system.

In 2021, Mssrs. Calzada, Foster and King will battle it out for the starting position.

Then, more than likely, no matter who the winner, people will want the 2nd string to start instead about three games into the season.
I fear you are correct. So we can look forward to another 6-6 season next year.
Dale Gribble
samhoustonag said:

MaroonStain said:

Reno Hightower said:

Break his spirit?

If having a little adversity would break his spirit, he shouldn't be playing D1 ball.

Bunch of snowflakes...

Epic disaster? He would do better than Mond. Quicker release, quicker reads, better field awareness, senses when to move out of the pocket.

Some of you guys are delusional, good lord. Calzada went 8-17 for 106 yds against TxSt and Lamar and now he's better than Mond. Get a grip.
Gyles Marrett
I think we got very spoiled as an entire fanbase with Johnny. Now anyone that comes along that isn't that caliber they get labeled as being awful and lets give the backup a try.

If that stays the case we will be thinking our QB's are awful for a long time to come. Mond is a very good QB and extremely tough. If you talk to anyone that actually knows a lot about football they will tell you Mond isn't near the top of the list of issues with our offense.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Just to clarify, does the "we" in your post refer to our coaching staff, or people like you and me?
samhoustonag
Dale Gribble said:

samhoustonag said:

MaroonStain said:

Reno Hightower said:

Break his spirit?

Bunch of snowflakes...

Some of you guys are delusional, good lord. Calzada went 8-17 for 106 yds against TxSt and Lamar and now he's better than Mond. Get a grip.
Considering one of those games was his first playing time in college football, not bad. Any fish in his first outing is going to have one bad series.

If you could not see the promise as well as the things he did much better, not much to be done for you.
samhoustonag
Gyles Marrett said:

I think we got very spoiled as an entire fanbase with Johnny. Now anyone that comes along that isn't that caliber they get labeled as being awful and lets give the backup a try.

If that stays the case we will be thinking our QB's are awful for a long time to come. Mond is a very good QB and extremely tough. If you talk to anyone that actually knows a lot about football they will tell you Mond isn't near the top of the list of issues with our offense.
Anyone who actually knows something about football will tell you that Mond's shortcomings are as much the reason for our stifled run game as the OL performance is.
Loyalty
AG
3 passing TD's, 2 on the ground. Good job Kellon. Thanks for carrying and leading this offense.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.