Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Need a reminder why Tech fans supported your move to the SEC?

13,604 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by yell_on_6th st
rockylarues
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm on record on here as saying we didn't begrudge you guys getting out of the B12 when you did, and that we would have done the same given the opportunity. In case you guys need a reminder what you left behind, you may have missed the Tech/Baylor game on Saturday. In the first overtime Baylor's center fumbled the snap and Tech recovered. After the play an official threw a flag on Baylor for illegal snap, dead ball, no play. It wasn't, and he didn't throw it until the play was over.

Now mistakes happen, and this one ended up costing Tech the game. The B12 contacted Hocutt, the Tech AD, acknowledging the mistake. Hocutt/the department released some of the info with no commentary, merely noting the office conceded their mistake. B12 response? Fine Hocutt $25k! Nevermind it was their mistake, or that they had already admitted it, or even that Hocutt only passed along facts.

Hocutt has sent a reply to Bowlsby defending his actions and mentions that the info he released was all discoverable via FOIA, which had already happened anyway. This is seriously little league shenanigans.

Therefore, if any of you have questioned the the decision, or why certain schools were more reasonable in their reactions than others, you need only reference situations like this, which isn't even isolated.

Good luck this week in Oxford. I expect you guys to return to the win column Saturday.
BoozerRed78
AG
Sounds like a pretty chickensh** move by the B12.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Ag4coal
Got to protect those undefeateds. Effing big 12
DM44
https://sports.yahoo.com/big-12-reprimands-and-fines-texas-tech-ad-after-he-said-conference-admitted-a-missed-call-144619901.html
ghollow
AG
BoozerRed78 said:

Sounds like a pretty chickensh** move by the B12.
It sounds about as chickensh** as giving both teams "unsportsman like conduct" penalties before the 'sip-blow U game.
Lateralus Ag
AG
We haven't seen Rocky in these karts for a while.

Sorry about that call man. I thought it was typical B12 BS at the time.

Hope you're well.
annie88
AG
Of late, SEC refs aren't doing great either. Many blatant calls being ignored, others being called when they aren't correct. NCAA Officiating in general bad this year.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
hillcountryag86
AG
Please beat tu.
BlueSmoke
Ag4coal said:

Got to protect those undefeateds. Effing big 12
This. I think we're going to see more and more of this - too many financial incentives to send teams into the post-season. Especially these mid/low tier conferences that are desperate for validation.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
rockylarues
Lateralus Ag said:

We haven't seen Rocky in these karts for a while.

Sorry about that call man. I thought it was typical B12 BS at the time.

Hope you're well.

Thanks, Lat, hope you are well too!
Johnny Boyziel 2
AG
annie88 said:

Of late, SEC refs aren't doing great either. Many blatant calls being ignored, others being called when they aren't correct. NCAA Officiating in general bad this year.

Blindside block called against us, but not Bama immediately comes to mind. Even danielson noticed.
Agsuffering@bulaw
The Big 12 died in 2010. What you refer to is the Big Dumpster Fire, or BDF!
aggiedaddie
Johnny Boyziel 2 said:

annie88 said:

Even danielson noticed.

That should be the definition of blatant.
rootube
AG
Not sure I understand the relationship between a blown call and our leaving the B12, but if you think you are not getting a fair shake vs Baylor just wait till the Herman show comes to town.
80sGeorge
AG
TT was reasonable during our exit if memory serves. Been a fan since. BS call.
UTExan
This reminds of when the Utah AD went off on the PAC 12 because of their crappy referees. He, too received a fine despite the league admitting that it needed to improve the refs.
PooDoo
AG
Couldn't have happened to a better fan base.
Super86
AG
It wouldn't surprise me if he wrote that letter solely to goad someone from the press into submitting a FOIA request for the emails from conference staff. Sounds like he wants the public to see more details.
aggie appraiser
We saw plenty of garbage while we were in the B12. Mostly favoring one team and it wasn't Baylor.
halfastros81
AG
It's
Not like that changed the game tho. We still scored
A TD on the drive
rockylarues
rootube said:

Not sure I understand the relationship between a blown call and our leaving the B12, but if you think you are not getting a fair shake vs Baylor just wait till the Herman show comes to town.

Just highlighting the bs way the conference is operated from Bowlsby on down, and why Tech fans didn't join the boo birds throwing a hissy fit when you guys left. We hate the B12 too, but if I remember correctly Baylor was threatening litigation (based on nothing) to block it. Kindred spirits is all.
rockylarues
PooDoo said:

Couldn't have happened to a better fan base.

Things were getting a little too chummy in here.

For perspective, Hocutt was fined for factually stating what news he received from the conference office while the other team infamously got away with covering up dozens of rapes.
Sarge 77
Tech is the only one I would like to have a home and home with...plus it would piss tu off.
technoviking
AG
rockylarues said:

rootube said:

Just highlighting the bs way the conference is operated from Bowlsby on down, and why Tech fans didn't join the boo birds throwing a hissy fit when you guys left. We hate the B12 too, but if I remember correctly Baylor was threatening litigation (based on nothing) to block it. Kindred spirits is all.

Correct. Baylor was threatening a lawsuit. They don't understand that no means no on every level.
kwammer
what exactly did the Big 12 refs do to help Baylor convert 2nd and 18 from their own 1 yard line with 90 seconds left, trailing 20-17?
Ginormus Ag
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

Please beat tu.

Ha! If they screwed tech against Baylor... watch your cornhole techsters.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
The B12 behavior and actions are not a surprise. Tech needs to keep moving forward and exit the B12 if possible.

Amazingly, some folks on this board want to continue playing a certain team in the B12 on a regular basis. How many times do game outcome changes in the B12, that are not in your favor, have to happen before it's considered mathematically impossible to be a coincidence...?
MallalieuAg
AG
I remember a few phantom calls going against us in Lubbock.
Spyderman
AG
So glad we left that cesspool as well.
TopoTacos
AG
First off, thanks for the post and I'm happy y'all landed Wells as an HC. His USU teams were great and he's going to have y'all punching above weight pretty soon.

Second, it's frustrating that the Big12 is such a dumpster fire for so many reasons. I know the SEC move was the right one for us, but a large part of me wishes we had something like the old SWC, I just want all the Texas schools to battle it out for bragging rights. No state values football more and we should celebrate that.
Johnny Boyziel 2
AG
halfastros81 said:

It's
Not like that changed the game tho. We still scored
A TD on the drive

Excellent analysis. Except for the fact that Alabama scored the next drive, on third down, while using the same exact block, and didn't get the score called back.
swc93
AG
Tech can pay them back with Beebe Bucks.
TMF
AG
That is really petty and down right ****, but I don't think this is limited to B12. I am not much more impressed with SEC refs. I think many of them are down right dirty or just incompetent. It is ruining college football to continue seeing certain schools always get away with stuff.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

and why Tech fans didn't join the boo birds throwing a hissy fit when you guys left. We hate the B12 too, but if I remember correctly Baylor was threatening litigation (based on nothing) to block it. Kindred spirits is all.

Don't be too quick the pat yourselves on the back. TBAT was guaranteed a coattail by the sips. rapelor was looking at getting unmade. Their program would have joined Rice, SMU, UH and all the others that used to matter. They would have never recovered.

The <hrmph> "honorable" K* had to give the appearance "doing something" to save them from the mid-majors. Otherwise, he gets run out of town on a rail. And not even a wraparound from Monica this time.

If the future of TBAT's athletics had been in jeopardy, something nastier than the manure in busses or goalpoast battering rams would have come from the sand fleas!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.