Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Tannehill gets a second chance

10,813 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GrayMatter
vander54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Looks like Tennessee is benching Mariota for Tannehill.

Iowaggie
AG
W
AG
regarding Mariota...sometimes the scouts get it right.

one knock against him before the draft was that he threw to wide open receivers at Oregon...because the scheme got them open (against awful Pac-12 defenses).

and sure enough in the NFL he could not / cannot see the field...and forget about throwing into tight windows
rootube
AG
You may want to wait before you break out the Marriota scouting reports. Tannehill has to QB for the Titans now. It is a step above the Dolphins but a small one.
Dread Pirate Roberts
rootube said:

You may want to wait before you break out the Marriota scouting reports. Tannehill has to QB for the Titans now. It is a step above the Dolphins but a small one.

I agree, but after having half a second protection in Miami, getting a whole second to throw the ball might make the job easy for Tannehill.
FrontPorchAg
Well at least he's getting a a soft start. The Chargers just got beat down by Pittsburg being run by a qb off their practice squad.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
Spaceball 1
AG
A good Ag QBing the Houston Oilers, I like it
BQ-ESQ99
AG
Maybe he should just go back to being a WR.
AtlAg05
AG
BQ-ESQ99 said:

I'd take QB money over WR money.
Propane & Accessories
AG
AtlAg05 said:

BQ-ESQ99 said:

And when he retires in a few years he'll gladly take surgeon's money
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
UncleJew15 said:

AtlAg05 said:

BQ-ESQ99 said:

Huh? Tanny is gonna be a surgeon?
Propane & Accessories
AG
I mean that is what he was studying to be an Orthopedic Surgeon before being drafted into the NFL, I'd imagine he would continue his education during the long off-seasons he had when he was in Miami.
BrotherChad
AG
UncleJew15 said:

AtlAg05 said:

BQ-ESQ99 said:

CTE says hello
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
UncleJew15 said:

I mean that is what he was studying to be an Orthopedic Surgeon before being drafted into the NFL, I'd imagine he would continue his education during the long off-seasons he had when he was in Miami.
I didn't know that.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
BrotherChad said:

I'll never forgive Tannehll for the 2011 season. Never understood the cult following behind him #NotMyQuarterback

You sure showed him

I bet he's weeping in his mansion next to his hot wife & a pile of cash bc TrollChad doesn't like him
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Franklin Delano Bluth said:

BrotherChad said:

I'll never forgive Tannehll for the 2011 season. Never understood the cult following behind him #NotMyQuarterback

You sure showed him

I bet he's weeping in his mansion next to his hot wife & a pile of cash bc TrollChad doesn't like him
Yeah, seems like Sherman and the defense would be more to blame for blowing big leads than the QB who got you those leads in the first place.
Dad
AG
UncleJew15 said:

It doesn't work like that. You don't get to become a surgeon on a part time schedule.

He would have to get into med school which means four years of working your tail off plus who knows how many years of residency and after residency training. Why sacrifice 10+ years of your life to make less than the interest he will make off of his NFL money?
ironmanag
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Franklin Delano Bluth said:

BrotherChad said:

You sure showed him

Yeah, seems like Sherman and the defense would be more to blame for blowing big leads than the QB who got you those leads in the first place.
Don't try to use logic with trolls.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Change Detection
AG
As a former big Dolphin fan, you can bet there are a lot of folks who wish he was still there. Dolphin ownership are a bunch of fools.
EliteZags
AG
UncleJew15 said:

AtlAg05 said:

BQ-ESQ99 said:

You mean working crazy stressful hours to make maybe in a year what he makes in a single game as a backup qb? Yea sure
Gump 02
AG
Maybe there is more to life than money.

#selflessservice
EliteZags
AG
I'd prob prefer my surgeon having not been knocked around by 300lb men for half his life
JRizzle
AG
Haha. As a surgeon that spent 12 years after college making nothing or less than 40K a year before finally finishing training. Doubtful. He'd be the dumbest person ever to do something like that.

Not to mention that her have to study for a couple of years to take the MCAT to even have a chance to get into school.

KidDoc
AG
JRizzle said:

Haha. As a surgeon that spent 12 years after college making nothing or less than 40K a year before finally finishing training. Doubtful. He'd be the dumbest person ever to do something like that.

Not to mention that her have to study for a couple of years to take the MCAT to even have a chance to get into school.

I doubt he will do it but it would be really impressive if he followed through with the training. According to Forbes he finished with a Biology degree and if he took the mcat back then I'm guessing he could apply with that score. If not I'm sure he could study for 6 months or less and take it then do the four year grind then 5ish years of residency training.

I will be very surprised if he did it.

My googling led me to a pretty interesting slide show about this https://www.medscape.com/slideshow/pro-athlete-doctors-6010071#5

One of the chiefs lineman just finished his MD during off seasons. A Titans safety Myron Rolle completed neurosurgery at Harvard. Crazy gifted people!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
EliteZags
AG
yep If I retired in my 30s with tens of millions I'd also likely dedicate my life to..medicine..
FrontPorchAg
This thread has been up for over 24 hours and no Lauren Tannehill pics. New Army is killing the zoo.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
wangus12
AG
JRizzle said:

I don't think he'd have to study a couple years for the MCAT. Tannehill is wicked smart. I'd had several classes with him. That dude walked of biochem with one of the highest grades while missing classes because of football.
JRizzle
AG
wangus12 said:

JRizzle said:

I don't think he'd have to study a couple years for the MCAT. Tannehill is wicked smart. I'd had several classes with him. That dude walked of biochem with one of the highest grades while missing classes because of football.

Yeah. Issue is that you'd have to relearn all that stuff. Maybe 2 yrs is exaggeration but would most likely have to relearn chem/biochem/physics/etc. would be tough.

Point is, would be a 9-10 yr ordeal and if helping people is really your goal, much easier to help people in other ways. Foundations. Donations. Etc.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
BQ-ESQ99 said:

He's literally a starting NFL QB...
StickTogetherAgs
AggieDruggist89
AG
Dr. Kip Corrington says hello.

Funny story, his med school classmates were playing madden football. And Kip pointed out..Heh that's me.... Playing for the Broncos.
JRizzle
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Dr. Kip Corrington says hello.

Funny story, his med school classmates were playing madden football. And Kip pointed out..Heh that's me.... Playing for the Broncos.

My guess is that kip doesn't have a net worth of over 40mill. I hope he does...
BMX Bandit
and there is a bit of a difference in going to med school 2 years after leaving school compared to 10
Jawbreaker
Iowaggie said:

I approve. Carry on.
OkinTexas
Spaceball 1 said:

A good Ag QBing the Houston Oilers, I like it

Huh
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.