Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Thinking vs. Doing

5,128 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Alpha Texan
BQDrummer85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
''You kind of look back at the games we lost and the games we've won, we definitely think we can play with every team.'' Mond said.

Actions > thoughts, especially when you've said you believe your the best QB in the SEC (x2). What happened to letting your play do the talking?
FCBlitz
Can we take one week off and just let things go......kid left it in the field surely that is worth a week of STFU.
Alpha Texan
AG
Couldn't be much happier with Mond right now. Guy came out with a higher level of intensity from the start than we have ever seen him do and it seemed like the rest of the offense fed off of him! I want to see that attitude again. Gig'em Kellen!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
BQDrummer85 said:

''You kind of look back at the games we lost and the games we've won, we definitely think we can play with every team.'' Mond said.

Actions > thoughts, especially when you've said you believe your the best QB in the SEC (x2). What happened to letting your play do the talking?

He combined for 350 yds and 3 TDs against the number one team in the nation with 0 turnovers. That's action.
redd38
AG
I'm not upset with Mond, but it sounds like someone is feeding this team a bunch of bulls***. Letting Mond think he's the best qb in the conference, letting the team think they are as good as any team in our schedule... someone needs to quit telling this team what they want to hear and start giving them the truth.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
redd38 said:

I'm not upset with Mond, but it sounds like someone is feeding this team a bunch of bulls***. Letting Mond think he's the best qb in the conference, letting the team think they are as good as any team in our schedule... someone needs to quit telling this team what they want to hear and start giving them the truth.
I guess that's why we have you. Thanks for your contribution!
cevans_40
AG
redd38 said:

I can see the pregame and game week speech now. You guys really are mediocre and don't stand a chance against these guys. There is really no need to play the game but we have to anyway. Now go out there and get them.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
I think I would like to motorboat Kate Upton.

But I likely won't end up doing that.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
ghowe
AG
redd38 said:

Great motivational speech, Coach. Well done.
cb1919
AG
redd38 said:

He never said they are as good as any team on our schedule. He said we can play with them, which is for the most part accurate (maybe a stretch when talking about Bama).
Coog_aTm
redd38 said:

I seriously doubt that is what is happening (maybe up until right before Game 2). This team is more than likely accurately self-evaluating at this point in the season. A lot of what Jimbo is saying is basically control what you can control and a little coach speak. He wants the mental part of the game cleaned up because we can't get any faster. I'm sure they "read the papers" and know they aren't as good as they want to be.
TopoTacos
AG
Champ Bailey said:

BQDrummer85 said:

He combined for 350 yds and 3 TDs against the number one team in the nation with 0 turnovers. That's action.

Yep. Behind a porous OLine and he had as effective a day as anyone will against Bama this year. Mond isn't an elite QB, but he's plenty talented. I think this site gets caught up in where we think we should be and doesn't always objectively view the talent we are going up against this year... we simply aren't on that level yet, we are close, but it's going to be another recruiting class or two.
redd38
AG
Coog_aTm said:

redd38 said:

I seriously doubt that is what is happening (maybe up until right before Game 2). This team is more than likely accurately self-evaluating at this point in the season. A lot of what Jimbo is saying is basically control what you can control and a little coach speak. He wants the mental part of the game cleaned up because we can't get any faster. I'm sure they "read the papers" and know they aren't as good as they want to be.

Why's Mond think he's the best qb in the conference then?
South Platte
redd38 said:

Something more along the lines of this?

redd38
AG
South Platte said:

redd38 said:

Something more along the lines of this?

Yeah, but the $75m version of that.
Uncle Jimbo
redd38 said:

Coog_aTm said:

redd38 said:

Do you want a humble QB?

Because I don't.
Beat40
redd38 said:

Coog_aTm said:

redd38 said:

Because he has confidence in himself.

I'd rather him think he's the best and play with a chip on his shoulder then be unsure of himself and his abilities.
BQ-ESQ99
AG
We can "play" with anyone. We could PLAY with the New England Patriots.

Can we WIN and BEAT the teams we "play" against.

Getting tired of this coach-speak.
redd38
AG
Uncle Jimbo said:

redd38 said:

Coog_aTm said:

redd38 said:

Do you want a humble QB?

Because I don't.

I want a qb that knows he has a lot of work to do
Beat40
redd38 said:

Uncle Jimbo said:

redd38 said:

Coog_aTm said:

redd38 said:

Do you want a humble QB?

Because I don't.

You can't seem to square the fact that someone can believe they are the best, but still realize they have room to improve and are striving to do so.

Every single great player thinks this way.
gooberhead
AG
I'm sure that a young man who gives his entire young life to playing football for ATM has "no idea" that he has a "lot of work to do".
redd38
AG
Beat40 said:

redd38 said:

Uncle Jimbo said:

redd38 said:

Coog_aTm said:

redd38 said:

Do you want a humble QB?

Because I don't.

You can't seem to square the fact that someone can believe they are the best, but still realize they have room to improve and are striving to do so.

Every single great player thinks this way.

Well, we aren't talking about the great players, are we?
redd38
AG
gooberhead said:

I'm sure that a young man who gives his entire young life to playing football for ATM has "no idea" that he has a "lot of work to do".

I'm not sure about anything, all I know is what he's said and how he's played. I guess since you're sure about his inner thoughts I'll defer to your expertise.
maver1ck
AG
Can we please lay off on Mond?

The guy pretty much beat Arkansas single handedly, and carried our entire offense against Bama.
I would argue that he played to the level of Tua on Saturday, the only difference was the 5 guys in front of them, and the speed of the guys they were throwing to.

The kid is showing serious grit and effort. And whether you like it or not, he's the best player on our offense right now. And it's really not even close.
TheWoodsAg
AG
^

correct
gooberhead
AG
Never implied expertise. BTW, it's called common sense.
Win At Life
AG
Kellen Mond is not a thinker. Kellen Mond is a doer. it's because it's what he loves. It's who he was born to be. And here you sit, thinking. Well, Kellen Mond is not a thinker. Kellen Mond is a thrower. He is a doer. And that's what he needs to do. He doesn't need to think, he needs to do.
the_batman26
AG
The same journalists who love to inflate us also love to deflate us.
death from below
‘18
redd38
AG
Win At Life said:

Kellen Mond is not a thinker. Kellen Mond is a doer. it's because it's what he loves. It's who he was born to be. And here you sit, thinking. Well, Kellen Mond is not a thinker. Kellen Mond is a thrower. He is a doer. And that's what he needs to do. He doesn't need to think, he needs to do.

I honestly can't tell if that's pro-Mond or anti-Mond
BQDrummer85
AG
My point was that it is better not to say "I'm the best, I'm the best" but to just go out and show it on the field. Clearly he's not the best (with his over-throws, sacks and interceptions), and journalists pointing this out more & more is becoming embarrassing for both him and A&M.
Bodhi
AG
Alpha Texan said:

Couldn't be much happier with Mond right now. Guy came out with a higher level of intensity from the start than we have ever seen him do and it seemed like the rest of the offense fed off of him! I want to see that attitude again. Gig'em Kellen!

You couldn't be happier with Mond........

Really........
shAGgin wAGgin
AG
redd38 said:

Win At Life said:

I honestly can't tell if that's pro-Mond or anti-Mond

It's a movie quote (sort of). Now Win at Life just got Mond as hard as a diamond in an ice storm.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
BQDrummer85 said:

My point was that it is better not to say "I'm the best, I'm the best" but to just go out and show it on the field. Clearly he's not the best (with his over-throws, sacks and interceptions), and journalists pointing this out more & more is becoming embarrassing for both him and A&M.

People getting embarrassed by what a sports journalist thinks always makes me laugh.
Battered.Ag
AG
BQDrummer85 said:

and what exactly is your suggestion to Kellen, coach? You know, aside from blindly general statements like "actions > thoughts", of course. You want him to "throw it gooder", i presume? just put a sock in it, for chrissake.

I'm not anti-criticism by ANY stretch, but at least put your intellectual back into it if you're going to take the time to cry on a message board. And if you just want perfection that badly, make like every other bum, head on over to your local Winn-Dixie, and pick up knockoff Alabama jersey.
Alpha Texan
AG
Bodhi said:

Alpha Texan said:

You couldn't be happier with Mond........

Really........
As I said, I could not be much happier with Mond right now. You read that correctly.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.