Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again.....

8,412 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bunk Moreland
JimbosHatBarelyFits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buy tickets the day of game on texags ticket exchange
Stay the night 45 minutes to an hour outside of CS.
Dont buy food at the game.

Yellerjacket
JPK89 said:

Insanity is nuts.
I know. It's crazy, right?
lespaul
AG
"strangely enough...you have an Ag tag but no other indication you are directly participating and influencing the decisions."

you lost me there. When did I say I had any influence? I am an old, bald, fat nobody with a keyboard and an opinion. That's it.
greg.w.h
AG
lespaul said:

"strangely enough...you have an Ag tag but no other indication you are directly participating and influencing the decisions."

you lost me there. When did I say I had any influence? I am an old, bald, fat nobody with a keyboard and an opinion. That's it.

You got the credentials to get the Ag tag. You most likely graduated and are aware of the TMF, the Foundation, and the Association of Former Students.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
You should just quit now. That way when we become great you'll have one more thing to be upset about.

Go root for Bama if you're that impatient to see results. We could stand to lose some negativity around our program right now.
Fannie Luddite
AG
I thought this thread was going to be about not punting out of bounds.
TowerAg90
AG
I have never stayed in a hotel for an A&M game. I drive down for the game from Dallas and back afterwards (including the 7OT LSU game). I usually tailgate and drink before the game I buy individual tickets (for Bama I got 2 tickets in 407 on the 15 and paid a total of $285, which would've been $210 if I had waited a fee extra days. All that to say, I think you're doing it wrong. My total for Bama week was about $400.
halfastros81
AG
We punted to Welker .... we punted to Waddle. Very similar results. Insane.

Never ever again punt to a returner with a last name beginning with a W seems like the prudent approach.
cmsaggie12
AG
TowerAg90 said:

I have never stayed in a hotel for an A&M game. I drive down for the game from Dallas and back afterwards (including the 7OT LSU game). I usually tailgate and drink before the game I buy individual tickets (for Bama I got 2 tickets in 407 on the 15 and paid a total of $285, which would've been $210 if I had waited a fee extra days. All that to say, I think you're doing it wrong. My total for Bama week was about $400.
I like to drink and party at the tailgate before the game. How do you tailgate and drink before the game, yet able to drive home?
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
cmsaggie12 said:

TowerAg90 said:

I like to drink and party at the tailgate before the game. How do you tailgate and drink before the game, yet able to drive home?
If it's an evening kickoff, say 6pm...

Start drinking at 11am, stop at 4:30 pm. You should be fine to drive by 11pm.
EliteZags
AG
So rolling dice repeatedly expecting different numbers is insanity?
Harry Dunne
JimbosHatBarelyFits said:

cmsaggie12 said:

TowerAg90 said:

It really depends on how much you drink.

Either way, the standard for getting in a car at all (but especially for a late night long drive after a full day of drinking) should be more than "should be fine".

EliteZags
AG
Harry Dunne said:

JimbosHatBarelyFits said:

cmsaggie12 said:

TowerAg90 said:

It really depends on how much you drink.

Either way, the standard for getting in a car at all (but especially for a late night long drive after a full day of drinking) should be more than "should be fine".

Yep should always have the least drunk buddy drive... no wait that's not right at all, the most sober buddy
C2 Ag 93
cmsaggie12 said:

And expecting a different result. I'm tired of this program.

I think the Texas A&M administration should be arrested. They are straight up robbing Texas A&M fans and supporters of this program. It is over $1,000 to enjoy a game in CS. $400 per night, 2 night minimum and $200 for nosebleed tickets on third deck. All to watch this team consistently lose conference games in Kyle Field.

I will say 1 positive thing to avoid jumping off a bridge. Mike Elko baited Tua into throwing that interception by Demani Richardson. Bama had Jerry Jeudy lined up in the slot uncovered. Carper the safety was on the line by was sliding over to cover. Jimbo frantically called timeout. Bama came back out of the timeout with the same formation and we left Jeudy once again uncovered in the slot. Carper and the LB dropped back in zone leaving Jeudy open, and Demani stepped in front of the pass.

One of the few cases I've seen in recent memory of outstanding coaching.

Move to Houston. No need for hotel. Saved you $800. You're welcome.
Aston 91
AG
But then you have to live in Houston.
Charlie Murphy
Grits said:

Charlie Murphy said:

I cant stand that saying. That is not the definition of insanity.

INSANITY. the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.
"he suffered from bouts of insanity"

Doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results is the definition of digging a tunnel, oil and gas exploration, and even military engagement ya doofus.

Ex: keep digging, no oil? Keep digging, no oil? Keep digging, hey look we found oil!

Brutal - I'm the doofus here?
highlonesomeaggie
AG
lespaul said:

I always drive home after the game

Also, if you pull the rope on your lawnmower and it doesn't start the first time, do you give up as it would be insanity to keep trying?
lol...pull the rope on the lawnmower. Time to upgrade to a push button start.
Cancelled
AG
Oh, so this is the thread where we turn on the OP and pretend that an Aggie Football game is a fantastic bargain.
BQDrummer85
AG
I am glad to see the positive suggestions...but am tired of all the posts that rag on OPs so often. We could do much better Ags.
BigOil
AG
You do the same thing over and over until you learn to not do it wrong. Reps and execution. It's called climbing a learning curve, not insanity
njohn87
AG
lespaul said:

the one thing I wish the big shots would do is get smarter with coaching contracts. I realize it is a competitive field and you have to pay more than you want for an established name. With that said, Fran and Sumlin's contacts came back to bit us big time, which was completely predictable.

Instead of giving Jimbo ten years out of the gate, how about something like 'ten years but for every season you win six or fewer we knock off three years'? I know it is too late for this, but in the future, I would hope we would have some sort of performance based feedback. If a coach is scared of losing some guaranteed years with a low bar of six games, pass and roll the dice on a young guy hungry for a shot at a major coaching gig.

Am I nuts?
Lemme tell you about an obscure little concept called "supply and demand"
HunterAggie
aggiedent said:

OP, I learned the fundamentals of guitar and then kept playing stuff over and over. I sucked. And I kept playing. And I kept sucking. Very gradual improvement for months on end. Then all of a sudden, after being stuck on a plateau for seemingly forever I started playing stuff effortlessly. Something clicked.

Jimbo has some great players, but we have holes in the roster. We're recruiting outstanding, but it's hard using so many young guys. Jimbo is teaching them how he wants it done. He's doing it for the long haul, not a flash in the pan like 2012.

You have to learn patience and not let a game/sport ruin your happiness. Perspective.

Thought of the day.

Johnny Football set the bar so high for a couple of years and then Coach Sumlin rested on those laurels. He and his staff did not work hard enough and smart enough to capitalize on that program-catapulting PR to continue to bring in Top 10 recruiting classes for the program.

Coach Fisher is attempting to build this A&M football program for the long haul (as noted above). It will take a few years. But once he has 3-4 years of Top 10 (sometimes Top 5) recruiting and development of those players in his system, the components for A&M to successfully complete, year-in and year-out, will be in place.

That's why I was happy with the "10 year" contract. It was the indication of what Coach Fisher and the Admin knew - it was going to take 3-4 years to put this program in the right direction and to have the players needed to successfully compete in the toughest division in college football.

Patience is a virtue for a reason.

I love Aggie football and will love it even more in the 2020s under Coach Fisher. Like everyone on this board, I just wish it would get here sooner but, realistically, it's not going to meet our expectations for that timeline.

(P.S. every once in a while, temper your thoughts of where this A&M football team is currently under Coach Fisher. And then contemplate where Arkansas football is under Coach Morris. Same timeline for an SEC West team. While granted there are hugely different resources available, but still a completely different progress and direction).

Bunk Moreland
Quote:

Johnny Football set the bar so high for a couple of years

Did he though? In 2012 sure. But again, it's a product of everything (OL/Senior Defensive leadership, etc.) about that team which led to....a 10-2 regular season.

In 2013 the Ags went 8-4 with 8 wins vs unranked teams and 4 losses vs ranked teams. Even last year's 8-4 team included a top 10 win against a team we hadn't beaten since joining the conference.

That bar (10-2 & 8-4) is not a high bar. It's better than what we got under Sumlin the rest of the way but I think most folks are going to expect 9-3/10-2/11-1 type seasons in 2020 and going forward with some consistency by Jimbo.

But everyone should have known what this season was going to be. It was talked about non-stop all offseason...Vegas pegged our O/U at 7.5. And that was before news of Cupp & Corbin which are major factors in the inconsistency of the offense so far.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.