Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

ESPN - Jimbo and 'The Process'

13,089 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by greg.w.h
Post removed:
by user
Emilio Fantastico
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Y'all do realize that all the quotes in that article are straight out of the Monday press conference videos that were posted on this board.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Alpha Texan said:

Textbook post for texags, OP. All the good quotes without having to click. Someone give this man a medal.
Right? Why give credit to the journalist who wrote this?
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
aggiedad7 said:

Of course when Mond is throwing 40+ it means
1) we can't run the ball
2) we're behind

Of course we're going to lose those games. It's not like we want to throw 40+ a game.
I thought that was already implied
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
What is the #5 projection based on?
Bill Superman
AG
Alpha Texan said:

SARATOGA said:

Hopefully the process of the 10 year contract is to get a stable of 4 and 5 start Offensive Lineman sooner rather than later. Recruit Recruit Recruit, JUCO JUCO JUCO

We need help, bigger, more athletic fellas in the trenches.
Start with the line. That's what the cowboys did to make Demarco Murray look like an elite RB.

We're better off doing everything opposite of the cowboys
sail33or
AG
Ok, sunshine pumpers, when Bama beats A&M by 21 plus on Saturday AND beats A&M by 21 plus next year AND beats A&M back at Kyle in 2021 by 21 plus will you THEN agree that A&M is just football fodder for the elites.

I can wait.

There are no more Manziels out there for A&M. So that means A&M must have every athlete equal to Bama. If Bama is 1 or 2 every year in recruiting it is futile.

So you say, well then what should I do? Same thing you do every year. Watch A&M beat Lamar and go to Belk Bowl at 6-6, saw Varsities Horns Off, wear your A&M gear, the usual......

I am just saying pay the coach $500K and give the rest to the Vet College. Something to actually be proud of.
Bill Superman
AG
Not everyone is a bend over and take it type of guy like yourself
Alpha Texan
AG
Bill Superman said:

Alpha Texan said:

SARATOGA said:

Hopefully the process of the 10 year contract is to get a stable of 4 and 5 start Offensive Lineman sooner rather than later. Recruit Recruit Recruit, JUCO JUCO JUCO

We need help, bigger, more athletic fellas in the trenches.
Start with the line. That's what the cowboys did to make Demarco Murray look like an elite RB.

We're better off doing everything opposite of the cowboys
I'd rather make the playoff and lose in the first round every time than never make the playoff
Bill Superman
AG
Every time? Haha

When was the last time you watched the nfl. This ain't the 90's anymore
Alpha Texan
AG
I didn't say make the playoffs every time and lose. I said make the playoffs and lose every time.
WhataMaroon88
AG
Great post. When I found out Corbin was hurt for the year, I was really worried about no running game, especially with no TE. Sure enough...no running game. In the SEC, your ceiling is 3-4 conf wins with no running game max. That's our only big problem. Bring back 3 guys from last year and we could be 5-0 and top 10. It's razor thin margins in the blocking schemes. Jimbo's process is based around running the football.
WhataMaroon88
AG
sail33or said:

Ok, sunshine pumpers, when Bama beats A&M by 21 plus on Saturday AND beats A&M by 21 plus next year AND beats A&M back at Kyle in 2021 by 21 plus will you THEN agree that A&M is just football fodder for the elites.

I can wait.

There are no more Manziels out there for A&M. So that means A&M must have every athlete equal to Bama. If Bama is 1 or 2 every year in recruiting it is futile.

So you say, well then what should I do? Same thing you do every year. Watch A&M beat Lamar and go to Belk Bowl at 6-6, saw Varsities Horns Off, wear your A&M gear, the usual......

I am just saying pay the coach $500K and give the rest to the Vet College. Something to actually be proud of.

Wow that's a big jump not competing against Bama and 6 wins. You do understand that losing to Bama by 21 in 2 years doesn't mean we couldn't go 11-1?

Bama is in a class of its own. It's going to take us 6+ years of having a chance to enter that level...
next year we have the schedule for 10 wins even if bama creams us.

Gotta have some perspective. We are a far cry of a program. But I do see us level with every other program outside bama and maybe Georgia by year 5.
FarmersFight95
AG
Way too much logic and rational thoughts on this thread. This is the zoo, dammit!
Ags4DaWin
aggiedad7 said:

Of course when Mond is throwing 40+ it means
1) we can't run the ball
2) we're behind

Of course we're going to lose those games. It's not like Mond can hit the broad side of a barn from 10 yards away

FIFY

YW
ham98
Next year. Every year.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
sail33or said:

I can wait.

Why do you losers even bother logging into this site?
P.U.T.U
AG
I think a lot of us have been fooled by "the process" with the past two coaches. People talking in 2012 and 2013 about trusting Sumlin and look what happened. Now several positions are playing worse than they did last year and Fisher is easily being out-coached, heck look how bad we are this year in the third quarter.

We see these smaller colleges like Iowa and Wisconsin play consistent year after year with far inferior talent and here we are outspending them ten fold and nothing to show for it. Think we are all just tired of next year being the year without any promising signs of us getting better.
Bunk Moreland
Quote:

We see these smaller colleges like Iowa and Wisconsin play consistent year after year with far inferior talent and here we are outspending them ten fold and nothing to show for it. Think we are all just tired of next year being the year without any promising signs of us getting better.

You just got done seeing what a Wisconsin big time coach can do in the SEC without recruiting top talent (other than his wife) in Beilema.

Wisconsin and Iowa aren't going to get elite level talent but you don't have to have elite level talent to still be a major factor in the B1G.

You absolutely have to in the SEC. If either Wisconsin or Iowa were in the SEC they'd consistently be 4 and 5 loss teams with their talent level and style of play. Mullen is a perfect example of this. He'll play plodding football all day with you but he also has certain athletes at key positions that will strike out of nowhere.

This year's team seems to like those certain athletes at key positions. Corbin was the only thing close to it at RB (still think we should line Q up back there). Smith might be that at WR but nobody else has emerged. Hell the rest of em can't even get separation.
ravingfans
AG
P.U.T.U said:

I think a lot of us have been fooled by "the process" with the past two coaches. People talking in 2012 and 2013 about trusting Sumlin and look what happened. Now several positions are playing worse than they did last year and Fisher is easily being out-coached, heck look how bad we are this year in the third quarter.

1. loss of 11 top players from last year was more brutal than most on these boards understood (including me!)
2. we are in year 2 of the Jimbo process, and even Jimbo says we are not done with instilling/installing the process yet.
3. comparing the "Sumlin Process" with the "Jimbo Process" is like comparing the "Kliff Kingsbury Process" to the "Belichik Process". there is a lot of excitement in Arizona that the KK process *might* work and put up points, but there is absolute confidence that the Belichick process has produced results and does work. A lot of us were hopeful the "Sumlin Process" would work, and we needed to give it enough time. The Jimbo Process has produced results including a Natty, and we are in the stage where we need to give it enoug time to work here.
4. the B10 conference pales in comparison to the absolute gauntlet we are in with the SECW. we cannot win with inferior talent consistently going forward. Recruiting and great coaching are both required and the Wisconsin's and Iowa's would not stand a chance.

just relax, enjoy the season, hope for the best this year, and watch this process unfold. it could be several more years so be patient.
sail33or
AG
Some say "negative" comments but they really are not. They are reality. Bama will beat A&M by more than 21 every year for many years into the future and perhaps forever.

A coach is not going to change this because the paradigm is set. Jimbo is not going to redirect Bama recruits to A&M. Now if the 4 stars Bama doesn't need develop into 5 stars while in college, there might be an upset one year. But then back to being stomped regularly. We are at 9-2 (really 9-1 modern times). It will really be telling when it is 40-1, 50-2,....

SEC is tough because LSU, Auburn and Bama (with an east team) will likely beat A&M most years while if still in Big 12 only Oklahoma would beat them every year.
rootube
AG
Deploying stealth Aggie mode for big Bama victory THIS WEEKEND!
PyriteAg
AG
rootube said:

That is absolutely adorable.
ravingfans
AG
Dario said:

rootube said:

That is absolutely adorable.
PETA WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THIS!
mrfun83
AG
Mark May....hadn't thought of him in years. Those were great years.
Rip*91
AG
33 said:

I support Fisher.

But, every coach in America says the same things:

- buy in....
- culture...
- process...

sounds like jason f'g garret...who is at this point, losing to freaking NYJets.
Humorous Username
AG
Quote:

You and I do nothing but spend money and follow. Really need to cool the we deserve this championship or that. This is for the coaches and players. When you realize this your life is much more enjoyable. I root for them but if they win it all I won't feel one bit like I won anything. I don't like them losing but when they do I don't hurt like they do. We need to get the fan thing in perspective and keep it that way.

I respectfully disagree with this part of your post. "Fan" is short for "fanatic". I don't begrudge any Aggie fan for wanting to see better, especially given the money pumped into this program compared to others that have actually won championships.

Also, you may not feel like you've won anything, but when the Aggies win a National Championship, I'm going to savor it until the day I die. We may fold our program because we lost every game for 10 years, but I'll still be able to say, "Don't care. Won that National Championship in 2027."
Tango_Mike
This has nothing to do with my opinions of Jimbo's abilities, but Fran said the same things. So did Sherman. And Sumlin. And every other coach in America
greg.w.h
AG
I got zero hits on Fran and process. This was first for Saban:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_Thinking#Use_in_coaching
greg.w.h
AG
Btw: same for Sherman and Fran.

This article cane up first for Jimbo:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/2019/08/09/trust-the-process-a-new-team-culture-is-undeniable-as-jimbo-fisher-enters-year-2-at-texas-am/
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.