Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Should we be using Blumrick on designed qb runs/some passes?

4,635 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Hot Corner
Hot Corner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Take the hits off of Mond, but still able to pass the ball. Could be a good way to throw some new stuff at the defense.
BanderaAg956
Jimbo is all in on his boy Mond, even if using someone else as a decoy or to help settle Mond down, he will NEVER DO IT!
Hot Corner
AG
I am not a Mond hater, but I do not see Mond as a strong leader or a good runner (He is not willing to drive forward to get the first down or extra yardage. I do not think he likes to run.). We need to add a little spice to the offense and open up the running game. Maybe Blumrick can hit the wide open receiver running behind the secondary when the "D" thinks he is going to run.
TxAg76
AG
Love to put about 40 lbs on him and convert to TE
Alpha Texan
AG
TxAg76 said:

Love to put about 40 lbs on him and convert to TE
This would be great. I had heard rumors this would happen but I guess no truth to them. Heck, just stick him at WR as he is. It's been a while but I've seen him play basketball at the rec and his athleticism is on another level. He has the speed, strength and vertical to play there, and his hands can't be any worse than some of our current WRs on days.
Al Bula
AG
Hot Corner... more like Hot Crapper
Aggie_95
AG
usmcbrooks
deweesw said:

Blumdozer???

Rickroller????

NO!
Alpha Texan
AG
deweesw said:

Rickroller????
I actually laughed.

The DJ can stay if he plays "never gonna give you up" after every Blumrick touchdown or big play
CHOCOLATE CHIP TRIP
My primary complaint about Jimbo: we have extremely talented players that we simply don't use.

Other programs have packages and plays that utilize personnel who don't isually see the field. They always work against us. But we just don't for some reason.
NavyAg92
AG
F/ck it, I'd like to see Blumrick start at QB. Talk about running if the pocket collapses or nobody is open.

Start the Man!!!
Mr.Bond
AG
I genuinely forgot he was on the roster. Wow.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

O'Doyle Rules
AG
lol.. jimbo will get fired before he switches away from Mond. Mond will have to be injured for there to be a change.
rootube
AG
O'Doyle Rules said:

lol.. jimbo will get fired before he switches away from Mond. Mond will have to be injured for there to be a change.

That's a weird way to simultaneously wish someone gets injured and fired in the same thought. Nice economy of words.
LEJ
Yes, Mond is Jimbo's boy. They've been spotted numerous times pounding beers at the Chicken together on Sunday afternoons.

Mond always picks up the tab and that's why he's starting over Blumrick. Connor is a real tightwad.

Jimbo is a better pool player, but Mond is nails at 42.

Freddy kicked em both out last weekend when they stole the snake and tried to deep fry it whole.
Amarillo Slim
AG
CHOCOLATE CHIP TRIP said:

My primary complaint about Jimbo: we have extremely talented players that we simply don't use.

Other programs have packages and plays that utilize personnel who don't isually see the field. They always work against us. But we just don't for some reason.
One thing Dabo does exremely well is to get a bunch of his players meaningful play time and you have to believe the kids he recruits see this. Definitely something I believe Jimbo must improve on for long term recruiting and retention.
"Real happiness comes not from getting what we desire; but celebrating what we have."
Hot Corner
AG
Yes, just some special packages to utilize the special skills of a few players and get more guys on the field. Anything to create confusion on the defense and/or get them to call a time out to regroup. Just a thought.
Muy
AG
Sadly we get to see no other qb's get any shots this season, come hell or high water.
greg.w.h
AG
Muy said:

Sadly we get to see no other qb's get any shots this season, come hell or high water.
We saw two. They're not better.
Muy
AG
How do we know? We've seen neither when it mattered, and I'd say in the 2nd half scrub time, Calzada looked better than Mond.
54 Blood Blue Blitz
AG
Blumrick has been taking reps at RB
Hot Corner
AG
If he is willing Blumrick is too good an athlete to let rot on the bench. Get the best athletes on the field. I suspect we might like the results.
Agvet12
AG
splitting time with WR

Ifishandlie
AG
Jimbo said in his presser that blumerick would be playing more. Bit at qb but at something else.
Really interesting. Jimbo said Conner came to him and wants to play somewhere.

Hoping they find him a spot. He's an athlete.
Alpha Texan
AG
Ifishandlie said:

Jimbo said in his presser that blumerick would be playing more. Bit at qb but at something else.

When did he say this?

I've been waiting for this news for 2 years
Ifishandlie
AG
Alpha Texan said:

Ifishandlie said:

When did he say this?

I've been waiting for this news for 2 years

It's in the press conference on Monday. It's not on here. I got it on another site. I'm sorry I can't post links. I'm a moran.

Jimbo was very complimentary of blumerick. Really nice to hear
Alpha Texan
Jason C.
AG
From another site:

Interviewer: And I noticed Connor Blumrick getting some reps on different parts

Jimbo: We're doing different things with Connor on offense. You'll see him in the backfield. You'll see him split out. He can run. He can throw. Connor's a very talented guy. He's a big-body guy that can run. He's got athleticism. We've got him on special teams. He's 6-5, 210/215. And I mean, can really run. Athletic. We want to use him as much as we can. We went to him and he came to us and he has had a great attitude about it and I think he's got a chance to really be a good player in the future, I really do.
Dale Gribble
Muy said:

How do we know? We've seen neither when it mattered, and I'd say in the 2nd half scrub time, Calzada looked better than Mond.

He did? I don't consider 8-17 for 106 yards against TxSt and Lamar to be real good.
samhoustonag
Dale Gribble said:

Muy said:

He did? I don't consider 8-17 for 106 yards against TxSt and Lamar to be real good.
You should have watched the games.
TopoTacos
AG
samhoustonag said:

Dale Gribble said:

Muy said:

Calzada is raw and can't seem to put touch on the ball yet. That's not a recipe for success right now
ironmanag
AG
samhoustonag said:

Dale Gribble said:

Muy said:

So should have you.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Gyles Marrett
Never have liked running different QBs in and out of the game. That never seems to end well.
P.U.T.U
AG
I don't think we will be running two QBs like Ole Miss does, it will be for random plays where we may have 2 QBs in at the same time. He runs around a 4.6-4.7 40 which is about the same as Rogers and is 6'5", too bad he is not a foot taller so he can catch Mond's passes.
WhoHe
AG
I could see a scenario where Jimbo rolls out some packages against UTSA where Blumrick lines up all over the place and even throws a couple of balls out of those different spots - just enough to get it on film for Georgia so they are forced to gameplan for it a little bit.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.