Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Does it bother anyone else

8,542 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TyperWoods
WhataMaroon88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That Mond keeps talking about how he thinks he is the best QB in the SEC? I'm not even talking about objectively quantifying it. Just from a standpoint of improving. Like he thinks he's the best, so he's good where he is now.
jim 78
AG
He is not in the top 5 in the SEC
agINbj2000
He is very average...he should prove on the field if he has a different idea

Very mechanic, not exciting, does not know shxx to do during big games...kind of very dumb
ham98
He's a made man.
fightinag
jim 78 said:

and may not even be the best on his team !
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
ILuvAgLand
31-49 for 335 yds, 2 tds, no turnovers
Jacks Smirking BAS
AG
jim 78 said:

Would you say he's top 5 in the SEC West?
FriscoKid
AG
This is silly. When asked the question what do you want him to say?

"Dude, I suck. There are a lot of players better than me. Plus, I have no confidence that it will get better."
aggiehawg
AG
FriscoKid said:

This is silly. When asked the question what do you want him to say?

"Dude, I suck. There are a lot of players better than me. Plus, I have no confidence that it will get better."
My first husband was a very smart guy but not very handy at fixing things. Nonetheless he was undaunted in attempting to do so. His motto was, "I have more confidence than competence."

Don't know why I thought about that just now.
PippAg
AG
i said this in another thread, but what i want him to answer is 'i'm going to let my performance on the field answer that question.'
cevans_40
AG
PaulSimonsGhost said:

I openly question the judgment of any individual who combines cornrows with the facial hair of a 14 year old Latino boy.

This is rather troubling
BanderaAg956
He should say,

The SEC has a lot of great QB's. I can't worry about where I fall on that list. I have to focus on my team and our ability to win as a team.
bv86ag
AG
Mond has had 3 years on this team and on the field to show what he is. Folks, he is not getting any better. He has had 3 years to get better and his judgement and accuracy are still bad. Combine this with a poor O-line and slow-footed receivers who drop passes and there you have it.
Texan1976
To be fair, there are a lot of terrible quarterbacks in the SEC. Tua and Burrow are elite. Mond is good. Probably close to the same level as Fromm. Mond is hurt because Sternberger and Williams have not been replaced and the OL is below average.
1996OlAg
AG
Hate to say it but sip QB looks better
AGinHI
AG
My thoughts from a psychological perspective:

That's insecurity.

He's trying to convince himself and dispel his fear of failure.

It wouldn't surprise me, if he were honest, to hear him admit to a fear of playing bad, losing the game, falling short of his collegiate goals, and not achieving his imagined future NFL draft status.

Rather than address that, he compensates with overestimated self-affirmations.

Now, how does his psyche reconcile those statements with reality? It doesn't. Further apprehension develops out of fear of not living up to his expectations.

The good thing is once you fail and embarrass yourself the anxiety about doing so is gone and you're free to play in a more relaxed state.
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
mustang1234
Very over-rated since coming out of HS. has not progressed over the 3 years. was supposed to be a gunslinger. most of his better stats came at the end of both the clemson and auburn game.

hope he comes out for the draft this year and we can move on.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
This team as a whole needs to shut their mouths and just play football.
Liquid Wrench
drevans956 said:

He should say,

The SEC has a lot of great QB's. I can't worry about where I fall on that list. I have to focus on my team and our ability to win as a team.

Perfect answer.
Texas 1836
AG
Texan1976 said:

To be fair, there are a lot of terrible quarterbacks in the SEC. Tua and Burrow are elite. Mond is good. Probably close to the same level as Fromm. Mond is hurt because Sternberger and Williams have not been replaced and the OL is below average.

halfone85
I dont know, maybe "there is a lot that I need to improve on and I will work tirelessly to get better"
Maroon Dawn
AG
A good QB wouldn't have overthrown 5 sure TDs so far this season
LB12Diamond
AG
Alright I like him being confident.

But he shouldn't have said that the first time. He had to say it the second time when asked about it. Not much else he could say. But again no reason to say it the first time. No positives from saying it even if he did back it up.

Now he's inconsistent and I'm not a fan. But he played pretty good yesterday and my opinion others and the officiating hurt us on key plays.
jim 78
AG
jim 78
AG
Jacks Smirking BAS said:

jim 78 said:

Would you say he's top 5 in the SEC West?
Maybe 4th. What would you say?
Ag4coal
Statistically he is the 3rd best QB in the SEC, and Tua and Burrow have yet to face a real defense. I guess t.u.'s defense counts, but i'm not sure about them yet.

Honestly, for having faced two Top 10 teams, Mond's numbers are pretty good. This board just can't accept anything less than Johnny level production from the QB spot. In reality, if we could RUN THE DAMN BALL WITH ANY LEVEL OF SUCCESS, we'd have beaten Auburn and and Clemson would have been much closer.
BrandoC
AG
I just wish the whole team would shut their mouths and actually win.
90ags
A Jimbo issue as he has kids proclaim confidence instead of mentoring them else-wise. He did it at FSU. Hopefully Jimbo puts a lid on all the kids procaliming greatness going forward.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
HUDAT361
ILuvAgLand said:

You obviously did not watch the game. Stats are the only thing to justify what he did.

Mond didn't play from Q1-Q4. Two big games and the guy plays only in the last 5 mins of the game. Where was he when we needed him to convert and move the chains. We did not even play competitive football. Keep lying to yourself

AggieOil
AG
Going to have to agree with the above poster. Stats that are racked up after the game has been decided aren't terribly meaningful. Some of that is on Mond, a lot of it is on Jimbo for calling a terrible game. Just saying "we have to run the football" irrespective of how many guys are in the box is asinine and the end result was what we saw. One of the most pathetic running performances that I can recall watching in organized football.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
What he wants to say

I am a better than average QB. But it the OL would block, the recievers would catch the ones I throw right in their hands, the RB would average 4 Ypc, and Jimbo would actually call a good game, those idiots online wouldn't be so upset a the couple of overthrows I have had since this gun of an arm can't always be controlled when you are running for your life..
DSAG
ILuvAgLand said:

Context matters.
mitchdpm
AG
bv86ag said:

Mond has had 3 years on this team and on the field to show what he is. Folks, he is not getting any better. He has had 3 years to get better and his judgement and accuracy are still bad. Combine this with a poor O-line and slow-footed receivers who drop passes and there you have it.

So tired of hearing this "3 years" crap and I'm not a Mond lover or hater.

Year one: Sumlin and he's a true freshman

Year two: new coach/new, more complicated system (this is more like "year one"

Year three: FOUR games! Two games against ELITE defenses.

Yes, for the most part he just doesn't seem to have "IT". But, please, he is basically four games into his second year.
TopoTacos
AG
Mond looked pretty good early, watching the tape back Kibodi straight up didn't hustle for that wheel route and probably could've caught it if he had...

After the first quarter though, our playcalling continually put us in poor spots and Kellen lost his rhythm and confidence. By the 4th the defense played off a bit and we moved the ball in quasi-garbage time.

The worst indicator for me was our playcalling, Kellen has been coached out of running entirely and it's really deprived us of offensive balance as our OL doesn't run block well enough to get the backs going against two of the top defenses in the nation.
ghollow
AG
Not sure where all the Mond hate is coming from on this board. Mond played a fairly solid game Saturday for a QB that had to decide what to do with the ball a couple of seconds after he got it. Our OL is weak and young right now. They have not performed well in either of our losses. They are not giving Mond enough time in the pocket for the plays to develop. Once the OL gets to where they can control the line of scrimmage, Mond will be playing the game we all expect him to. Plus our running game will improve as well.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.