Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Does it bother anyone else

8,580 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TyperWoods
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder what Mond's stats are when the game is close, say the Ags are down by 7 or less?
samhoustonag
Ag4coal said:

Statistically he is the 3rd best QB in the SEC, and Tua and Burrow have yet to face a real defense. I guess t.u.'s defense counts, but i'm not sure about them yet.

Honestly, for having faced two Top 10 teams, Mond's numbers are pretty good. This board just can't accept anything less than Johnny level production from the QB spot. In reality, if we could RUN THE DAMN BALL WITH ANY LEVEL OF SUCCESS, we'd have beaten Auburn and and Clemson would have
been much closer.

As long as defenses don't respect Mond and continue to stack the line, we will not see success running the ball.

Mond is a legend in his own mind.
Repeat the Line
Texan1976 said:

To be fair, there are a lot of terrible quarterbacks in the SEC. Tua and Burrow are elite. Mond is good. Probably close to the same level as Fromm. Mond is hurt because Sternberger and Williams have not been replaced and the OL is below average.

Burrow is not an elite quarterback. Coach O got to test the new LSU offense on four teams that suck at defense. Burrow is good, but I don't see him lighting up the SEC West the way he owned self-proclaimed "DBU" in Austin.
aggieclay
I know it's just the players but I can't stand to see them flex after a play. Especially when we're getting our asses stomped! Hell even if we're winning, just be humble and get back to your job.
GrayMatter
AG
e.busche said:

Mond looked pretty good early, watching the tape back Kibodi straight up didn't hustle for that wheel route and probably could've caught it if he had...
Correct. Mond was throwing to a spot. He put plenty of air on the ball, Kibodi just didn't accelerate towards the ball when it was in mid-air.

This year isn't all on Mond though. This is a team game and just about every part of the team has had trouble staying consistent.

There are typically two reasons: youth or lack of discipline and I'd like to think that its youth more so than the latter.
WhataMaroon88
AG
I agree that Mond is good and doesn't have near the support around him this year, including many drops in the 1st three games by our upperclassmen WR's. I just have to wonder why he isn't running anymore. That, and having a serviceable TE last year really opened things up. If we want to win more than 6 games, he has to run for 1st downs from time to time to keep the chains moving.

I am just concerned about his mental state. The problems seem to be coming from an overthinking.
TyperWoods
ghollow said:

Not sure where all the Mond hate is coming from on this board. Mond played a fairly solid game Saturday for a QB that had to decide what to do with the ball a couple of seconds after he got it. Our OL is weak and young right now. They have not performed well in either of our losses. They are not giving Mond enough time in the pocket for the plays to develop. Once the OL gets to where they can control the line of scrimmage, Mond will be playing the game we all expect him to. Plus our running game will improve as well.

it's been building for 2+ seasons. QBR of 55ish isn't pretty solid.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.