Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

IT AIN'T GONNA BE LIKE IT USED TO BE

9,888 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by redjalapeno-87
Bill Superman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And it ain't gonna end like it used to end.

We are already expected to have no chance in 4 games this season - Clemson, Bama, Georgia, LSU.

We are NOT losing all 4 of those games! But I certainly can't say we are winning all 4 either.

0-4: not the end of the world if we handle business the rest of the way

1-3: I'll take it

2-2: Good season. Exceeded expectations. Potential SEC champions

3-1: See y'all in the playoffs

4-0: Championship, give it to us.

We have to take care of the remaining SEC gauntlet.

Auburn always fields a good team. Can we beat both Miss schools for once? We are due for an L to Arkansas at some point - same goes for Scar.

This is year 2 under Jimbo and I expect to be better. Considering the schedule, I would be content at 8-4. I would be let down at 7-5, but I don't see that happening.

Here's to BTHO this damn schedule!

Gig'em
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Bill Superman said:

We are already expected to have no chance in 4 games this season - Clemson, Bama, Georgia, LSU.

We are NOT losing all 4 of those games! But I certainly can't say we are winning all 4 either.

Auburn always fields a good team. Can we beat both Miss schools for once? We are due for an L to Arkansas at some point - same goes for Scar.

This is year 2 under Jimbo and I expect to be better. Considering the schedule, I would be content at 8-4. I would be let down at 7-5, but I don't see that happening.

Gig'em
TexanJeff
AG
We doing this again?

0-4: BAS forever

1-3: Set expectations here

2-2: 2020 is our year

3-1:We were robbed!

4-0: OMG it's Happening!!!
hunter2012
AG
10-2 would get us in the playoffs so long as it's not LSU & Bama for both losses. It likely means we won the west and are playing Georgia in the championship. If the committee ever wanted to promote strength of schedule it would be us at 10-2.
Hey Nav
AG
Well, it definitely changed last year.

The Ags went 6-1 at Kyle Field. We even won 3 home games versus SEC opponents (didn't realize that was allowed). Haven't seen that in awhile. We're riding a 4 game win streak.

Yes, the times they are a'changin.
Bill Superman
AG
Can we turn it into a 6 game win streak?
The Lost
hunter2012 said:

10-2 would get us in the playoffs so long as it's not LSU & Bama for both losses. It likely means we won the west and are playing Georgia in the championship. If the committee ever wanted to promote strength of schedule it would be us at 10-2.
10-2 with 2 sec losses is not going to the sec title game. No teams has won the west with 2 conference losses as far back as wiki goes (2008).

Can only lose 1 sec game and clemson to have a 10-2 shot at the playoffs, and even then would potentially need help.
Romello
TexanJeff said:

We doing this again?

Who is our QB?
EliteZags
AG
Martell
EliteZags
AG
EliteZags said:

Martell

Backing up Foster
tsuag10
AG
EliteZags said:

Martell
I heard he's working out at WR for Miami.

Seriously.
tsuag10
AG
Romello said:

TexanJeff said:

We doing this again?

Who is our QB?
If Kellen has a good enough year that he leaves for the draft, then we probably went either 3-1 or 4-0. Otherwise he will likely stay with all the other JRs and fulfill the 2020 prophesy.
JoeAggie5
Man I was feeling all level headed, but damn the OP makes too much since. We're going 4-0, CHAMPIONSHIP BABY!!!!!
TopoTacos
AG
Romello said:

TexanJeff said:

We doing this again?

Who is our QB?

2 wins against top-6 teams likely puts Kellen in the upper echelon of QBs nationwide. Assuming he doesn't go pro, 2020 is wide open for us.

If he looks good enough to go pro? Well, now you're looking at either Foster or Calzada with time in Jimbo's system, and probably some real game experience under their belts given the 4 game threshold to not burn a shirt.
Romello
e.busche said:

Romello said:

TexanJeff said:

We doing this again?

Who is our QB?

2 wins against top-6 teams likely puts Kellen in the upper echelon of QBs nationwide. Assuming he doesn't go pro, 2020 is wide open for us.

If he looks good enough to go pro? Well, now you're looking at either Foster or Calzada with time in Jimbo's system, and probably some real game experience under their belts given the 4 game threshold to not burn a shirt.
Winning at least 2 of those games and I don't see him returning. Obviously just a guess but our track-record of keeping productive players for their Senior year hasn't been that strong.
Bill Superman
AG
If Mond is gone next year then we had a very good season.
TonySoprano
9-3 is my personal goal.
GumboMaverick
I hate the "we are due for a loss to Arky" -- why are we due? we are a better team - get that kind of mind set out of here.

Is Bama due to lose to Arkansas? They've won 12 straight...

We should always beat Ark, Scar, Miss Schools at a minimum.. That should always happen. WE compete with the Bama, Auburn and LSU in our division. NO reason we have to lose to Ark due to any other year.
TexanJeff
AG
tsuag10 said:

Romello said:

TexanJeff said:

We doing this again?

Who is our QB?
If Kellen has a good enough year that he leaves for the draft, then we probably went either 3-1 or 4-0. Otherwise he will likely stay with all the other JRs and fulfill the 2020 prophesy.

+1
Bill Superman
AG
GumboMaverick said:

I hate the "we are due for a loss to Arky" -- why are we due? we are a better team - get that kind of mind set out of here.

Is Bama due to lose to Arkansas? They've won 12 straight...

We should always beat Ark, Scar, Miss Schools at a minimum.. That should always happen. WE compete with the Bama, Auburn and LSU in our division. NO reason we have to lose to Ark due to any other year.

Ever BAS'd before?

Must be nice
AG
SlimAG2 said:

9-3 is my personal goal.

And what are you doing to accomplish that?
aeon-ag
Bill Superman said:

Gig'em
Same song, same verse
jackrabbit
AG
We have beaten TCU 24 straight ...I think that's a reasonable goal for Arky series
Bill Superman
AG
jackrabbit said:

We have beaten TCU 24 straight ...I think that's a reasonable goal for Arky series

That would be perfectly acceptable
AGHouston11
AG
Maybe we actually have a QB that matures into the position. Maybe we get some lucky bounces. Maybe we beat Arkansas and LSU again in OT. We are due to win some we are not supposed to.
Ok I'm ready for the koolaid.

Bill Superman
AG
Hopefully it doesn't take lucky bounces or OT to beat Arkansas

I'm going to assume Mond is much better this year. A true Jr in his 2nd season under Jimbo

He's shown flashes of elite play. If he can be more consistent and get help from those around him, things could turn out pretty great
DayAg!
S
Op had one too many at lunch.
"Poor soul, he was just too high strung. I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."
Bill Superman
AG
DayAg! said:

Op had one too many at lunch.

OP is ready for kickoff
Lateralus Ag
AG
Mond will not be starting in 2020.
AgfromHOU
AG
What if we go 4-8 with all four wins against Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, and LSU
aggiedad7
tsuag10 said:

Romello said:

TexanJeff said:

We doing this again?

Who is our QB?
Not anymore. If a guy feels he's going 1st or 2nd round they gone. Mond has a good year he's going that high regardless of record. 10-2 and bowl wins means Mond has had that type of year IMHO.
TonySoprano
I think we lose to Bama,Clemson, UGA. All close games but late mistakes cost us. We go to BR and beat LSU by 10
Agvet12
AG
We lose to Clemson and LSU

Toss ups are Bama/UGA

My guess is we beat Bama this year
Post removed:
by user
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.