Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The tu/LSU game...

33,159 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by fightinag
Wdiss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are any of ya'll excited about this one?

To me LSU is a good proxy for the Aggies...

If LSU beats the snot out of Texas it would be a pretty good indication of what would happen
if The Rivalry ever came back...

Thoughts??
Cuda17
AG
I don't know... There is just something about a rivalry that changes the dynamics of the game.
Gig 'Em!
MGsc. GIST
A is A
AG
Wdiss said:

Are any of ya'll excited about this one?
excited to see the final score and tu is pounded into the ground.

Quote:

please no
IamGroot
AG
I hate the swamp kitties, but I will be rooting for them this game...
O'Doyle Rules
AG
thoughts? yes....please dont start any more threads
hillcountryag86
AG
Will not be surprised of sips win this one.
All_In_Ags
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
hillcountryag86 said:

Texas wins.
milner79
hillcountryag86
AG
TXK said:

hillcountryag86 said:

Texas wins.
If so, it's, "sip wins."
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Expect a close game
BleacherRat
SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC!!!!

Seriously, I expect LSU to stomp the living snot out of t.u.

Prediction:

LSU 35
t.u. 10
Gig 'em!
SECNetworkAg
prediction:

LSU 24
UT 23
Post removed:
by user
BrotherChad
AG
Herman plays up to his competition. You've gotta give him credit for that. I think they'll pull an upset here.

In contrast I think he'll lose to OU, and drop trap games to TCU (Gary P due for a 10+er) and either Iowa State or Baylor.

terata
AG
I'd rather focus on Aggie Football.
Artimus Gordon
Excited? Not in the least! Why would a non sip/tiger be excited about that game?
P.C. Principal
Not looking forward to the proxy game trash talk between us and tu. Tired of this "cold war" we have with them where all we do is talk smack about recruiting and how we beat a team who beat a team who beat a team who beat a team who beat a team who beat tu.

and for the love of God if LSU wins I will CRINGE anytime I hear an Aggie talk about "SEC pride" or whatever
wangus12
AG
Would love to see LSU curb stomp them, but I have the sneaking suspicion that the sips will win this one.
Ifishandlie
AG
Abitaholic said:

I don't see a blow out. Texas can play defense and LSU is the type of team that gets better as the season goes on, especially on offense. Could obviously be way off here but I'm thinking this goes into the 4th quarter and ends up being a one score game; either way.

tu lost 7-8 guys on defense alone. Lost number one receiver. The o line is average at best.

tu will have no running game

Georgia was down. They didn't show up. LSU will dominate this game in the trenches. Concussion boy will be running for his life

I don't think it'll be a blowout simply because LSU is a grind and pound kind of team. Still LSU wins by 10-14 in a dominating defensive game

The homo's will have left the stadium by the third quarter.

Ag4coal
I wish the game wasn't happening. Herman obviously learned from Urban when it comes to playing against SEC teams. I know UGA was uninspired, but they still played great football.

I hope LSU puts them in the dirt. 21+ point win. But I don't see it happening.
greg.w.h
AG
Let me get this straight: we care about this game because if we can't continue our rivalry directly and get jobbed by Austin some way annually or have them monetize our brand through their cable network then we can live vicariously through our conference mate-not us-defeating them?
Flashdiaz
AG
i'm not but i'm sure their fans are... going to be a letdown for the rest of the home games though
NoahAg
/Idon'tcareGIF
Ihatefallscounty
AG
yall gotta be smoking crack

other than the weird georgia game....which i believe is more georgia losing than ut winning....texas wasn't impressive last year. AT ALL. i don't see how the team in austin pulls this one out.

LSU which we are predicted to lose against this year....is pissed, and probably drunk from last year.

I think this will be a reckoning from LSU and they take it. Herman just doesn't have the magic....or a rabbit for that matter.
I live in waco....therefore, I am ready to move elsewhere.
sleepybeagle
AG

Quote:

Quote:

please no

yes... no please
swc93
AG
Isn't LSU trying to roll out a spread offense? I will not be surprised if they try that switch that they will lay an early season egg on offense. However; offense has never been their strength so they should still win.
longeryak
Ifishandlie said:

Abitaholic said:

I don't see a blow out. Texas can play defense and LSU is the type of team that gets better as the season goes on, especially on offense. Could obviously be way off here but I'm thinking this goes into the 4th quarter and ends up being a one score game; either way.

tu lost 7-8 guys on defense alone. Lost number one receiver. The o line is average at best.

Georgia was down. They didn't show up. LSU will dominate this game in the trenches. Concussion boy will be running for his life

I don't think it'll be a blowout simply because LSU is a grind and pound kind of team. Still LSU wins by 10-14 in a dominating defensive game

They'll be a better running team this year with Braun replacing the Polynesian whiff machine, Vahe, and the center and RG healthy this year. Then they most likely have Duvernay, Burt, and Smith run deep all game long to keep opponents from stacking the box.
AGHouston11
AG
Corn dogs better represent!
Frok
AG
I think LSU is overrated so the sips will win
Bill Superman
AG
Sip is gonna have the refs for some home cooking

Corndog is overrated, installing a new offense, and it is the beginning of the season

We get them at the end of season when they are best, at Death Valley with some bad blood

The games are not comparable

And it's gonna be a typical BAS Saturday when we lose to the champions in their house and sip beats an overrated corndog team with a coach that got lucky last season
JonSnow
With LSU supposedly switching to a wide open offense, it plays into the style of play sips are use to defending.
Meximan
Wdiss said:

To me LSU is a good proxy for the Aggies...

Except the Aggies can actually play offense.
Meximan
P.C. Principal said:

Not looking forward to the proxy game trash talk between us and tu. Tired of this "cold war" we have with them where all we do is talk smack about recruiting and how we beat a team who beat a team who beat a team who beat a team who beat a team who beat tu.

and for the love of God if LSU wins I will CRINGE anytime I hear an Aggie talk about "SEC pride" or whatever

Ifishandlie
AG
longeryak said:

Ifishandlie said:

Abitaholic said:

They'll be a better running team this year with Braun replacing the Polynesian whiff machine, Vahe, and the center and RG healthy this year. Then they most likely have Duvernay, Burt, and Smith run deep all game long to keep opponents from stacking the box.

You realize all their running backs are hurt. They are down to one/two scholarship backs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.