Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The toughest places to play in 2019

6,203 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by LEJ
BleacherRat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do you agree?

Gig 'em!
EliteZags
AG
could you imagine having to play at all top 3? would suck to be that team
maroongoon95
AG
I would probably replace Nebraska with Florida State.
saw em off
It says toughest places to play in 2019. How do we know how intimidating those other places will be before the season has even started?
FriscoKid
AG
Bama is too low. It's hard to win there.
BleacherRat
saw em off said:

It says toughest places to play in 2019. How do we know how intimidating those other places will be before the season has even started?
Maybe based on prior years and usual reputation? I mean, it's a pretty known fact LSU is loud on Saturday nights. Those crazy Cajuns get all liquered up? Pretty obvious.
Gig 'em!
FriscoKid
AG
Nebraska is not a tough place to win either these days.
saw em off
LewP said:

saw em off said:

Maybe based on prior years and usual reputation? I mean, it's a pretty known fact LSU is loud on Saturday nights. Those crazy Cajuns get all liquered up? Pretty obvious.
I thought my sarcasm was obvious with my winky face.

But in all seriousness, I've never known the top 2 to have intimidating reputations in the past. Us and LSU should have taken the top spots based on past years' known popular opinions.
BleacherRat
saw em off said:

LewP said:

saw em off said:

But in all seriousness, I've never known the top 2 to have intimidating reputations in the past. Us and LSU should have taken the top spots based on past years' known popular opinions.
I gotcha. I read these boards and I have to admit I miss the sarcasm in many cases. I totally agree with you though. I think the 12th man truly is the toughest place to play for opponents. just FYI, I'm an old geezer and will get to accomplish a bucket list item this fall with my first trip to Kyle Field!! AGAINST Alabama no less!!
I feel like Rudy about to play his first game! A Viet Nam era veteran finally gets to see the Aggies!!

Gig 'em!
Snake
AG
Move Bama to 4, slide everyone down and replace Nebraska with OU.
The Lost
I'd go

1 clemson
2 lsu
3 bama
4 a&m
5 tosu
6. uga

Then a wait and see on the rest. Not sure penn state/mich are good enough to care, same with neb/oregon. Those are history alone.
Tamu_mgm
AG
How do you post a picture? Every time I try it says forum code invalid and when I add the img and /img it still says invalid or pops up with that text before and after the image
HoustonAg2106
AG
I know Alabama is definitely a tough place to play, but that might also have something to do with having to go there to play the consensus best team most years.

Those other places are tough places to play even when they're team isn't the best.
P.C. Principal
Unpopular opinion, but I don't think we deserve to even touch this list. Kyle Field is an amazing atmosphere, but I'm pretty sure we haven't had a season where we were undefeated at home since the 90s. And we definitely have no business being above Bama.
Frok
AG
FriscoKid said:

Bama is too low. It's hard to win there.

It's hard to play them in your home stadium too
HoustonAg2106
AG
P.C. Principal said:

Unpopular opinion, but I don't think we deserve to even touch this list. Kyle Field is an amazing atmosphere, but I'm pretty sure we haven't had a season where we were undefeated at home since the 90s. And we definitely have no business being above Bama.
It's not a ranking of who is the best team.

Even during the Fran/Sherman years opposing teams would say Kyle Field was one of the toughest places to play.
JustisWalkert
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

How do you post a picture? Every time I try it says forum code invalid and when I add the img and /img it still says invalid or pops up with that text before and after the image
That's why I don't post pictures. Of course, if I ever figured out how to do it, I'd probably be banned by now.
Lateralus Ag
AG
JustisWalkert said:

Tamu_mgm said:

That's why I don't post pictures. Of course, if I ever figured out how to do it, I'd probably be banned by now.

You don't need forum code anymore. You just need a link to an image.

HoustonAg2106
AG

Still didn't work..

Edit:

Wait...

Lateralus Ag
saw em off
LewP said:

saw em off said:

LewP said:

saw em off said:

I gotcha. I read these boards and I have to admit I miss the sarcasm in many cases. I totally agree with you though. I think the 12th man truly is the toughest place to play for opponents. just FYI, I'm an old geezer and will get to accomplish a bucket list item this fall with my first trip to Kyle Field!! AGAINST Alabama no less!!
I feel like Rudy about to play his first game! A Viet Nam era veteran finally gets to see the Aggies!!

That's awesome, sir. And thank you for your service! It will be an experience you will never forget!
P.C. Principal
HoustonAg2106 said:

P.C. Principal said:

Even during the Fran/Sherman years opposing teams would say Kyle Field was one of the toughest places to play.
When our defense is good the place is rocking. When the D sucks, it sucks the life out of the crowd. Think that was our big home field advantage problem for so many years.
HoustonAg2106
AG
P.C. Principal said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

P.C. Principal said:

When our defense is good the place is rocking. When the D sucks, it sucks the life out of the crowd. Think that was our big home field advantage problem for so many years.
I agree, but trust me when Alabama was down in the early and mid 2000's, that place was not a tough place to play. Every place is a tough place to play when you are the best team in the country is my point...that's why Bama is not as high.
chevy con queso
AG
FriscoKid said:

Nebraska is not a tough place to win either these days.
They are a far cry from their teams of the past and it's arguable that they can ever get back to former greatness. After two 4-8 seasons I'd bump them out of the top ten for sure.

With what we have going in College Station, last years record, and almost pulling a win out on the team that was the national champion, I'd say we are right where we should be on the list. We are going to give teams a tough time at home this year.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there would be a shortage of sand. -Milton Friedman

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such. -BenFiasco14
BleacherRat
saw em off said:

LewP said:

saw em off said:

LewP said:

saw em off said:

That's awesome, sir. And thank you for your service! It will be an experience you will never forget!
Gig 'em!
West Point Aggie
AG
State Penn...LOL...

Nebraska is a full stadium full of nice people...nothing intimidating about it...like nothing
Let’s Go Brandon!
fightinag
Id seriously consider Auburn as one of the top 10 and certainly move bama up to #5
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
EliteZags said:

We not only play at the top 3, but we play at #5 SEVEN times this year!
fightinag
OldShadeOfBlue said:

EliteZags said:

We not only play at the top 3, but we play at #5 SEVEN times this year!
and we could win them all !
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
LEJ
Red Stick is going to be absolutely savage this year, for at least 1 game.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.