Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What is it recruits want in 2019-2020?

7,628 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by atxAGGIE95
bv86ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To answer the original post....Jimbo has only been here for about a year and half...and has not fallen short anywhere in terms of recruiting.

Where does the sips getting 2 recruits suddenly give certain people the perception that Jimbo is doing a bad job at recruiting?
You will never....no ,matter where you coach...get all the top Texas recruits to go to just 1 school....in or outside of the state. There's just too much heavy recruiting pressure and promises made on all sides.

Qoting stats from 2018 or before regarding out place amongst recruits is not giving Jimbo a fair shake and a chance to build.
He is doing a great job and has already boosted our recruiting.

I question the allegiance and ulterior motive of someone like the OP who looks Jimbo's recruiting and somehow says there is "a problem".

I smell sip troll.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

Something is really wrong when Iowa, Tennesse, UCLA, Stanford, FSU, and Miami are ahead of us.

FSU- Jimbo was there for a while

UCLA- recruited really well until 2-3 years ago

UT and Miami have had great classes with the occasional bad class

Iowa- masterful at S&D and helped by running pro-style

Stan- also benefit from running pro-style, also do a great job of developing talent

Sumlin did an average job of scouting & developing. Fran was below avg. We had some really good classes Sumlin's first years, but in all of the Fran/Sherman/Sumlin years we probably only averaged a 3.25 avg.
TxAg76
AG
Winning. And poosy.
riverrataggie
AG
TxAg76 said:

Winning. And poosy.

Damnit! Vagina always wins
GenericAggie
AG
riverrataggie said:

TxAg76 said:

Winning. And poosy.

Damnit! Vagina always wins
Emilio Fantastico
AG
I smell whiny ass little bleeding vag.

From the OP, not you.
mpaggie06
AG
Tail
AWP 97
AG
AgfromHOU said:

AWP 97 said:

We had mediocre to subpar coaching for 15 years. That didn't help!

Just 15?

Fran was already here 15 years ago.
Fran's first year was 2003. Sumlin's last year was 2017. I believe my math works.
AWP 97
AG
tsuag10 said:

Recruits want a system and coaching staff that has a proven pattern of getting them to the NFL. Wins and Championships usually follow if you have that type of system.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2018-09-11/colleges-most-represented-2018-nfl-rosters

Let's see how this changes for the 2019 NFL season. We just had 7 players drafted and 7 more sign as UFAs.
TexAgs91
AG
> What is it recruits want in 2019-2020

Scooby Snacks
fullback44
AG
BrotherChad said:

What motivates recruits to choose one school over another and where are we falling short?

Facilities-wise we are easily top 3. As far as being an NFL pipeline we need some work. Other than that I don't see where we're falling short on some of these guys? #Frustrated #OffSeasonPost #NotSorry #ChadSigningOff

Edit 1: Hashtags

Eits 2: More hashtags

First and foremost .. having open schollys available .. we are thin on open schollys thanks to Sumlins off balance recruiting .. Jimbo is trying to fix it .. may take a few years
Charlie 31
AG
P Control

dixichkn
AG
Sips get 2 or 3 kids and some of y'all are losing your sht. Like they've never gotten guys from us before.....I keep thinking back to that Brandon Jones/McCullough class of '17, their "midnight special" that was gonna shake up the whole recruiting landscape around these parts. What have they accomplished so far......well, besides whooping up on a totally disinterested and poorly coached Georgia squad? Honestly, a whole lot of nothing.

Jimbo's got this, y'all. Chill the f out. Just because we're not getting 2 a week like we were earlier in the summer......
GumboMaverick
Just try to think like a recruit. If you are a big time guy - you think you can go to the NFL - depending on who is in your ear - you want a coach who can develop you, plays to your strength (WR - love pass happy little 12 for example), has a spot for you and somewhere you think you can play and play early.

Recruits could give a damn about "historical significance" like - no championship since 39. Also, if they are really good they want to play the best in the best conference that is on National TV every week.

in a fast talking west virginia accent "hey buddy, you want to go into Bama and beat those guys in their building on the biggest stage and the most watched game of the year? watch us this season beat the big boys and come join us - whaddaya say?"
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

Let's see how this changes for the 2019 NFL season. We just had 7 players drafted and 7 more sign as UFAs.

I think this is correct. Once JFF happened, the incoming raw material went up. Sumlin had more to work with than Sherman, although inferior at working it. The problem is that there is a 3-4 year lag.

Year: round of selection (position within the first round)
2006: 6, 6
2007: none
2008: 2, 4, 4, 6, 7
2009: 4, 4
2010: 6
2011: 1 (2)
2012: 1 (8), 5, 6, 7
2013: 1 (2), 2, 3, 4, 6
2014: 1 (6), 1(7), 1(22)
2015: 1 (21), 5
2016: 1 (31), 3, 6
2017: 1 (1), 2, 3, 4, 5
2018: 2, 4, 6
2019: 2, 3, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7

Fran was suboar
Sherman was average recruiting, strong S&D, ran pro-style- like Iowa & Stanford
Sumlin was above average recruiting, poor scout, average developer- like UCLA, UT, Miami

Hopefully Jimbo FSU = Jimbo A&M
atxAGGIE95
AG
10PennyNail said:

AWP 97 said:

We had mediocre to subpar coaching for 15 years. That didn't help!
I am no golfer but isn't subpar what you want for a golf score?

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.