Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What is it recruits want in 2019-2020?

7,597 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by atxAGGIE95
BrotherChad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What motivates recruits to choose one school over another and where are we falling short?

Facilities-wise we are easily top 3. As far as being an NFL pipeline we need some work. Other than that I don't see where we're falling short on some of these guys? #Frustrated #OffSeasonPost #NotSorry #ChadSigningOff

Edit 1: Hashtags

Eits 2: More hashtags
wcaggie04
AG
Money
Texas_Aggie_12
AG
Winning. That's where we fall short if you're looking for an honest answer
Mac94
AG
Are we really in panic mode? Last years class was great .... and we have some real quality kids committed so far for the next class. Look at the number of seniors we have on the roster ... something like six kids total? So baring a TON of attrition we will most likely have a smaller class so the staff will need to be very selective and may be holding back some numbers. Yes, tu has gotten alot of kids this month and we've been quiet but we're looking at a potentially small class numbers wise and Jimbo has proven to be pretty good at this recruiting stuff. Let's see where we are in December and February.
HoustonAg2106
AG
We are in the midst of our best recruiting stretch in school history and people still want to complain....

Never change TexAgs.
AWP 97
AG
We had mediocre to subpar coaching for 15 years. That didn't help!
Flashdiaz
AG
I would think it's access to the NFL but it depends on the recruit.

SEC far and away produces most NFL talent so why someone would choose a team in the little 12 is beyond me, maybe they're more interested in something else.
TopoTacos
AG
What, to you, defines falling short? We have consistently been in/near the top-10 nationally in recruiting for a number of years now, and it looks like Jimbo's staff is increasing that standing based on the '19 and '20 classes.

Recruits want to win and to see a path to the NFL, especially if you're looking at the 4/5 star level. We've got the facilities and the draft picks, and we're only going to continue to build our brand if Jimbo can claim some scalps against the other SEC giants (Bama, UGa, LSU, etc.)
OldArmy72
AG
A free Ford Raptor from Red McCombs really helps recruiting.
10PennyNail
AG
AWP 97 said:

I am no golfer but isn't subpar what you want for a golf score?
aggiedad20
OldArmy72 said:

And a new house for momma...

rbcs_2
AG
10PennyNail said:

AWP 97 said:

I am no golfer but isn't subpar what you want for a golf score?
I'm no golfer but I think for golf it would be below par.
RingOfive
AG
Trans-Ams
AGinHI
AG
What's being discussed on a fan website's politics forum has the most significant impact.
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
BrotherChad
AG
aggiedad20 said:

OldArmy72 said:

Considering we spent $75M for Jimbo, nearly $500M for the new stadium, and a slew of other big ticket items that I'm forgetting, I'd imagine we're at least up to market on that.

Bill Superman
AG
Our recruiting is top notch and among the best in the country

Is this because sip got a couple of recruits and an inflated 247 ranking? Have a closer look and you will see our class is much better than theirs still

Our class is still not finished either, we have room for another 8 commits and will end up with a top 10 ranking if not better
Duckhook
AG
A kinder and gentler Forum 16.
aggiedad20
BrotherChad said:

aggiedad20 said:

OldArmy72 said:

Considering we spent $75M for Jimbo, nearly $500M for the new stadium, and a slew of other big ticket items that I'm forgetting, I'd imagine we're at least up to market on that.

Well then, maybe our "non-judge-mental" fan base should engage/discuss all potential recruits and their families more frequently on TxAgs, twitter, IG etc???

(Sarc)
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
We have a top 10 class following a top 3 class with a top 5 coach and a top 10 DC. Just sit back and watch it all happen.
Agvet12
AG
Stop complaining, sips are pushing to fill up their class as early as possible...(scared of losing h2h and kids losing interest if they're not committed post LSU loss)

It ain't over till the fat lady sings
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Anybody who cares about the opinions of where a 17 year old wants to go to school in August, when they don't sign at the earliest 4 months from now, is setting themselves up for failure.
aggiedad20
Here's what I think happened. Jimbo. Happened.

Anyone who doesn't think the sips are in full panic mode and therefore pulling out their big ticket items on top recruits is either naive as hail or not paying attention imho
TyperWoods
aggie_fan13
AG
thats not gonna happen anytime soon
some men you just cant reach ...
Agsuffering@bulaw
Every recruit is different. Aggieland, Jimbo and the SEC are not for everybody.

Some posters claim Jimbo will take 25 and cut whomever he must. He probably needs to since a bunch of '16 and '17 recruits have not contributed.

And this freakout is unwarranted. We are averaging better than 3.5. The sips have a good class, but their ratings are always inflated. The classes are probably comparable. We did better at QB, WR and CB. They did better on the lines.
arontc09
AG
There's a lot of time left before early signing day. If we win a game or two nobody expected, it could change everything. If tu loses a couple, they could be facing mass defections. I'm concerned but not really worried.
tsuag10
AG
Recruits want a system and coaching staff that has a proven pattern of getting them to the NFL. Wins and Championships usually follow if you have that type of system.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2018-09-11/colleges-most-represented-2018-nfl-rosters

FriscoKid
AG
Most recruits I've talked to are interested in school message boards. (Especially the politics section). They really don't care about facilities, conference, ability to make the NFL, coaches, proximity to home, chance to be a part of a winning program, chance to play on Saturday, or stadium atmosphere. Most of the ones I've talked to are concerned about politics above all else.
BrotherChad
AG
tsuag10 said:

Recruits want a system and coaching staff that has a proven pattern of getting them to the NFL. Wins and Championships usually follow if you have that type of system.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2018-09-11/colleges-most-represented-2018-nfl-rosters

Something is really wrong when Iowa, Tennesse, UCLA, Stanford, FSU, and Miami are ahead of us.

I know a historical case can be made for Tenn and the Florida schools, but Miami and Tenn haven't been relevant in 15 years.

Something's gotta change.
tsuag10
AG
Kickers, punters, O-linemen, and special teams players have longer careers than a lot of the flashy skill players.
Maybe there's a lot of those guys on NFL rosters that came from "has-been" programs.

Edit: Also, some of those teams you listed only have 1-3 more players on NFL rosters than we do. The biggest gap is between the top 3-5 teams and everyone else. We aren't as far away from the top 10 as it seems.

Step back from the cliff, friend. We will get there soon.
cb1919
AG
BrotherChad said:

tsuag10 said:

Something is really wrong when Iowa, Tennesse, UCLA, Stanford, FSU, and Miami are ahead of us.

I know a historical case can be made for Tenn and the Florida schools, but Miami and Tenn haven't been relevant in 15 years.

This is a really good point. I bet we lose a lot of recruits this year to Iowa because they have 1 more player on an NFL roster.
technoviking
AG
BrotherChad said:

tsuag10 said:

Silver lining of this graphic is that Florida state - jimbo's players - are well represented
OregonAggie
AG
Asian women. We're in short supply though.
Theresa_cates@sbcglobal
Responding to Bill Superman.

IMO 247 has forever been bias to tu.

One example IMO.

Quentin Johnson Temple TX.

ONLY 1O P5 offers and 1 none P5
tu / frogs / AZ / bay / Duke / Coug hi / children of the corn / golden dome / zero u / Tulsa / VA Tech

# 13 wr 11 in state

TX AGS did not offer.

0.9680 composite blown way up.
AgfromHOU
AG
AWP 97 said:

Just 15?

Fran was already here 15 years ago.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.