Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fake news

10,003 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HoustonAg2106
StickTogetherAgs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rbcs_2
AG
ND State Bison? That's why the phrase fake news was coined.
Charlie Conway
When people think Pillars of College football they think the North Dakota State Bison!! Yaaaahhhh!!!!!
technoviking
AG
Does click bait work?

Just did!
Tamu_mgm
AG
That is such a stupid click-bait ranking. Who cares about the last 150 years, what have you done for me lately?
Flashdiaz
AG
I really want to know which programs were most relevant for the majority of the time I haven't existed.
TopoTacos
AG
Yeah, they have a very strange formula for calculating their rankings that honestly gives lower-level success way too much credit. I get the desire to include FCS schools and D2/D3 in a look back at 150 years of college football, but you really need to re-weight your metrics If it's kicking back NDSU as a top-10 program.
Mort Rainey
The bigger question: why would anyone be butthurt about this?
AG
Yale??
Fake News
StickTogetherAgs said:

Dead on.
Cancelled
AG
When someone says CFB, the average fan will think of:

Bama
UGA
USC
ND
Michigan
TOSU
Oklahoma
Miami
FSU
Texas
Army/Navy
Penn State

I think the best we can hope for is a good run like Clemson has had. Clemson will be back in their place soon enough. These are just the facts.
Mr. Ectomy
AG
This is comparable to rating the best high school football programs in Texas and including every class level from 1A - 6A. You can do it, but very few 1A teams could stay on the same field with the better 6A teams.

I guess it's ok if NDSU won 10,000 national championships at their level, but they'd be hard-pressed to beat a P5 school, even the crappy ones.

Take it with a grain of salt.
AGinHI
AG
I have no problem with it

Quote:

The formula
Basic model
Dominance, 20% -- number of national championships
Peak strength, 20% -- winning percentage for best 50 seasons in program history
Since integration, 30% -- winning percentage over the past 50 seasons (1969-2018)
Early modern, 20% -- winning percentage over the middle 50 seasons (1919-1968). Mostly pre-integration and included some games against non-college teams
Pre-modern, 10% -- winning percentage over the first 50 seasons (1869-1918) *mostly pre-standardization of current rules and many games against non-college teams
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
StickTogetherAgs
Callate Donnie
StickTogetherAgs said:

"You're not wrong, Walter. You're just an ***hole." - J.B.
GumboMaverick
queso1 said:

Bama
UGA
USC
ND
Michigan
TOSU
Oklahoma
Miami
FSU
Texas
Army/Navy
Penn State

I think the best we can hope for is a good run like Clemson has had. Clemson will be back in their place soon enough. These are just the facts.
This is dumb "Clemson will be back in their place.."

Why does a school need to go back to what they historically have been? Why cant they find a way to stay on top? This is the same crap logic that states A&M will never be anything and they should just remain a middle of the pack team. That logic is garbage.

The landscape has changed since the 60s. or the 40s or earlier. Teams change. It all depends on the situation the school is in and who the coach is. Right now, A&M has great situation - and great coach, I expect us to be at the top soon - I expect great things this season.
Cancelled
AG
GumboMaverick said:

queso1 said:

Bama
UGA
USC
ND
Michigan
TOSU
Oklahoma
Miami
FSU
Texas
Army/Navy
Penn State

This is dumb "Clemson will be back in their place.."

Why does a school need to go back to what they historically have been? Why cant they find a way to stay on top? This is the same crap logic that states A&M will never be anything and they should just remain a middle of the pack team. That logic is garbage.

The landscape has changed since the 60s. or the 40s or earlier. Teams change. It all depends on the situation the school is in and who the coach is. Right now, A&M has great situation - and great coach, I expect us to be at the top soon - I expect great things this season.

I'm not saying it's fair or that I like it, but it seems to be the pattern. Maybe it will change, but it seems like a team will have a limited duration of success only because the stars have aligned between recruits working out and a great coach. But the fact remains that over the long haul, the perennial "blue bloods" will have long term success.
eldog569
AG
This is what I was thinking exactly. With 2 question marks in my head.
Win At Life
AG
eldog569 said:

This is what I was thinking exactly. With 2 question marks in my head.
You obviously don't know your 19th century football as well as you think you do.
Tex117
AG
StickTogetherAgs said:

Quoted for truth.
Ag86Hotard109
AG
StickTogetherAgs said:

On the positive side, they gave us one more Natty than we're used to seeing.
Gil Renard
AG
queso1 said:

Bama
UGA
USC
ND
Michigan
TOSU
Oklahoma
Miami
FSU
Texas
Army/Navy
Penn State

Nope
McInnis80
I am OK with Yale being on the list. They were the first big time college program and have a ton on National Titles. If you can have a fight song written by Cole Porter, you are still big time.
aggiedad7
queso1 said:

Bama
UGA
USC
ND
Michigan
TOSU
Oklahoma
Miami
FSU
Texas
Army/Navy
Penn State

UGA #2. Seriously?? They haven't won a natty in almost 40 years. Good team but nobodies putting them in their top 7-8 and probably not top 10. If you put them up there based on recent success than you gotta put Clemson at #2. OU has 7, tOSU has 8, Miami has 5. All those teams have to go ahead of UGA. And ND and USC it's not even open for debate. I get the SEC homer mentality but WTF??
HoustonAg2106
AG
aggiedad7 said:

queso1 said:

Bama
UGA
USC
ND
Michigan
TOSU
Oklahoma
Miami
FSU
Texas
Army/Navy
Penn State

UGA #2. Seriously?? They haven't won a natty in almost 40 years. Good team but nobodies putting them in their top 7-8 and probably not top 10. If you put them up there based on recent success than you gotta put Clemson at #2. OU has 7, tOSU has 8, Miami has 5. All those teams have to go ahead of UGA. And ND and USC it's not even open for debate. I get the SEC homer mentality but WTF??

To be fair I don't think he didn't meant that list to be in numerical order
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.