Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

Fort Bend Bush LB Kenneth Phillips chooses Texas A&M

July 4, 2019

When Texas A&M offered Fort Bend Bush linebacker Kenneth Phillips‍, ‍he called it a “dream offer,” and it was pretty clear the Aggies would be a major player for his commitment. Phillips decided to kick off his July 4th celebration by announcing Texas A&M is his selection.

Phillips was offered after a standout performance at Texas A&M camp in early June, and he returned for an unofficial visit a week later.

The 6-foot, 200-pound defender has played quarterback, wide receiver, running back and safety in addition to linebacker at Bush, and he is being recruited to Texas A&M as a rover. He is also a standout on the 7-on-7 circuit with Pro Process Academy. He was a teammate and close friend of Texas A&M 2019 signee Erick Young‍.

He is Texas A&M’s sixth defensive commitment and he is the Aggies’ 15th overall commitment of the 2020 class. Phillips’ decision also gives the Aggies their fourth commitment from Fort Bend County, joining o-linemen Smart Chibuzo‍ and Akinola Ogunbiyi‍ along with wide receiver Troy Omeire‍.

In addition to Texas A&M, Phillips also held offers from Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Indiana, East Carolina, Rice and Houston.

We'll have more soon for our Premium Subscribers.

Discussion from...

Fort Bend Bush LB Kenneth Phillips chooses Texas A&M

19,085 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Lateralus Ag
redjalapeno-87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He has good quicks and hits hard. Good prospect at the Rover spot and on special teams. Gig'em!
cevans_40
LEJ
WC94
AG
Down 670 spots since football ended, yet had a good enough camp to get an offer from us. Is 247 even trying anymore?
mcag83
Charlie 31
S.A. Aggie
AG
Welcome Home!! Gig'em!
oldcrow91
AG
Great, but can he play linebacker?
merc
AG
oldcrow91 said:

Great, but can he play linebacker?
In the SEC*
C Loves L
dixichkn
AG
WC94 said:

Down 670 spots since football ended, yet had a good enough camp to get an offer from us. Is 247 even trying anymore?
Well I'm sure once they caught wind we were expressing interest........

To hell with 247. Welcome to Aggieland Mr Phillips!
Bill Superman
AG
WC94 said:

I trust Jimbo much more than any pundit
MaroonGoons2020
AG
We got our rover. Nice!
SA Ag
Southlake
I remember Dat Nguyen was about 205 out high school. William Thomas was 195. I think they turned out ok.
Trent Driver was 6'3" 220 and was an underachiever.

Who knows?

William Thomas and Johnny Holland played QB in HS too.

I love the video above. Strong Family back ground.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Seriously!! At some point 247 is going to "opinion" themselves out of a market. They have lost all credibility as far as I am concerned.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.