Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

DFW to BCS - Sept 21

4,178 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by lil_frog8
bdgol07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a buddy coming in from Canada for the second time to experience what Texas Football is all about. They came in a few years back and caught a Katy HS game on Friday, UH on Saturday, and Texas on Sunday. They are planning on coming into DFW for this trip. I have told them to look at the large HS in the area and they have the Friday night covered.

This is where it gets a little difficult, the plan is to come in for the Auburn game on the 21st, which is the absolute focus of this trip (I may or may not have played a factor in them making sure to get to BCS for a game the next time around). There is likely to be upwards of 5-10 people and they are looking to try and secure some transportation. Any recommendations or transport being set-up for the morning of Saturday to get DFW Ags and Aggie fans to the game?

These guys are salt of the Earth and your typical Canadians, super nice and love some good cold beer.

Even if the transportation is Friday, I think they would feel more confident in knowing they would be able to make sure they get a chance to see KYLE field over a HS game.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Oh great, first we serve alcohol at Kyle and now dirty Canadians start showing up to games?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Just kidding OP. I think there is a bus service that will take you from DFW to CS for the game. It's supposed to be pretty nice. Can't remember what it's called though.
a.froman
AG
There is a guy that posts here that has a charter bus that leaves from Mockingbird station on game days. The only unfortunate thing is that they come back right after the game so no chance to stay and take in the atmosphere
bdgol07
AG
Well....in all fairness, he asked me about it a few weeks ago so I dont think he knows about alcohol sales just yet but I will let him know and I am sure he will be more than pleased
dbangZip95
AG
I don't have a transportation recommendation other than making the drive in a personal vehicle, but I would say you should consider getting them in town on Friday night to experience Midnight Yell. If you came down early on Friday, maybe there is an area HS game to take in, then run over to Kyle in time for Yell.
AggieOO
Rent a car.
Sports-Ag
AG
Check to see if the Dallas or Fort Worth alumni club takes a shuttle bus to the game.
PlanoAg98
AG
I charter the bus from Dallas. We arrive on campus 3 hours prior to kick off and depart 1 hour after the game ends. We don't allow Molson Canadian or Labatt Blue beer on the bus.
AgfromHOU
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Oh great, first we serve alcohol at Kyle and now dirty Canadians start showing up to games?

FFS. This is America, damn it. What's next? Orange water coolers?
AgfromHOU
AG
Do you guys allow drinking on the bus? (serious question)
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

Do you guys allow drinking on the bus? (serious question)
Yes.
bdgol07
AG
Can you please send details to bgoldgar at gmail dot com

I will forward the information

I am not sure if they are wanting more of a gameday experience but that is a fantastic option
ratfacemcdougal
Get a couple of 7 passenger vans, come Friday, stay late, enjoy the whole experience. Microtel on Ponderosa is the newest hotel right now. LaQuinta next the the restaurant formally known as Ninfas may be open by then.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

an you please send details to bgoldgar at gmail dot com

I will forward the information

I am not sure if they are wanting more of a gameday experience but that is a fantastic option
Email sent.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
bdgol07 said:

I have a buddy coming in from Canada for the second time to experience what Texas Football is all about.

This is great. Now I have to worry about cross checking as I walk to the concession stand to purchase my chicken sandwich.

BTW Plano hosts Allen on Friday night Sept 20. Southlake Carroll has an open date.

Tell them to rent a van. eeh?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
Texas 1836
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Al Bula
AG
bdgol07 said:

I have a buddy coming in from Canada for the second time to experience what Texas Football is all about.

Ol Army Fight
AG
Enterprise rent 10 passenger vans that are nice enough
Rip*91
AG
Check out Vonlane Bus Service. They used to go to some Aggie games. It's a nice service.
bdgol07
AG
They really do not want to be tasked with driving but that may be the end result if the timeline doesn't work.

They are still hoping that an option that fits their timeline comes up but the bus or a van may be the best option in the end
lil_frog8
AG
pepe the dog said:

bdgol07 said:

This is great. Now I have to worry about cross checking as I walk to the concession stand to purchase my chicken sandwich.

BTW Plano hosts Allen on Friday night Sept 20. Southlake Carroll has an open date.

Tell them to rent a van. eeh?

If you go to the Plano V Allen game it should be a rout by the Eagles and they could leave after they watch Largest Band in America during halftime and head down the BCS and still make it by Midnight yell.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.