Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Oliver Luck on alcohol sales

8,143 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DroflaAG
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm posting separately in an effort to focus on the rationale Luck presented. Because it is topical it's arguably AFR.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/mizzou-hopes-to-follow-west-virginia-s-lead-in-alcohol/article_7f81df19-d91f-5d23-b1ef-f7040b08e358.html
Punked Shank
AG
Good article
levypantsEOY
Luck would make such a better AD than some pop singer from Iceland.

Sad!
JustisWalkert
AG
Luck says beer sales cut down on pregame binge drinking. How much of that goes on at Kyle Field?
AgDotCom
JustisWalkert said:

Luck says beer sales cut down on pregame binge drinking. How much of that goes on at Kyle Field?
Well we start drinking on Thursday night, but we have to pace ourselves, so it's not really binge drinking. And we're olds.
P.U.T.U
AG
JustisWalkert said:

A lot, and you will still have minors that will do it. But it has people who binge before to keep a longer buzz to hopefully slow down before the game.
The Collective
AG
JustisWalkert said:

You ever tailgated in Spence?
Czechs Out 03
AG
JustisWalkert said:

Here.
nonameag99
They need in seat pissers so I don't have to miss any of the game
Bucketrunner
Why do people go to public events and act like they've never seen alcohol before?

We spent an unpleasant first half at the game in Shreveport several years ago because two Aggie women kept going after more beer. Luckily their husbands took the away at halftime when they were throwing up on their neighbors.
DallasAg 94
nonameag99 said:

We call that a catheter.

HTH.
Locknload
AG
The number of grown ass women stumbling around drunk in the Zone post-game is embarrassing.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
Locknload said:

The number of grown ass women stumbling around drunk in the Zone post-game is embarrassing.

You call it embarrassing, I call them fun.
milner79
nonameag99 said:

Bill Superman
AG
It's because y'all were in Shreveport
PLUM LOCO
AG
I am sure that had more to do with being in Shreveport.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
ironmanag
AG
I feel really bad for anyone who has to be "drunk", "buzzing", "wasted", etc in order to enjoy themselves or increase their enjoyment of any activity.

There is nothing wrong with drinking now and then but if your whole social world revolves around the ability to drink I hope you can find joy without it.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Lateralus Ag
AG
ironmanag said:

I feel really bad for anyone who has to be "drunk", "buzzing", "wasted", etc in order to enjoy themselves or increase their enjoyment of any activity.

There is nothing wrong with drinking now and then but if your whole social world revolves around the ability to drink I hope you can find joy without it.

Sure, you can. But why would you?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
ironmanag said:

You should try it. You might find joy for the first time.
McInnis80
The only thing bad in the article is that Mizzou has Levy Restaurants as their concessionaire. I can feel their pain, but I still think it's our administration's fault our concession prices are so high. I am sure selling beer is much easier in Columbia than in College Station. They have a building on campus named for Anheuser-Busch.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
McInnis80 said:

The only thing bad in the article is that Mizzou has Levy Restaurants as their concessionaire. I can feel their pain, but I still think it's our administration's fault our concession prices are so high. I am sure selling beer is much easier in Columbia than in College Station. They have a building on campus named for Anheuser-Busch.
Texas alcohol laws have relaxed so much in the last 4 years that we have gone from an over reaching state IMO, to one of the most relaxed in the nation... especially with the slow unraveling of Blue Laws in the last session.
TXAG 05
AG
ironmanag said:

So drinking a couple beers = wasted? Lighten up Francis. Believe it or not, some people drink beer because they think it tastes good.
DroflaAG
AG
People don't need alcohol to have fun, but then again you don't need a car to get around, it just makes it a hell of a lot easier
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.