Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M green lights alcohol sales at Kyle Field

12,344 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ghowe
Bill Superman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jackass of the game just got a lot more interesting
Grits
AG
-OCHWFLAKASSBRTTEFE-
rootube
AG
One one hand this seems obvious and normal but on the other hand It's hard not to think of the most obnoxious guy you ever encountered at a game and try to picture that plus super drunk.
Bill Superman
AG
Lolpoors will probably still sneak alcohol in anyways so nothing to be too concerned with over this announcement
hunter2012
AG
Smart to cut off at the end of the 3rd quarter, alcohol amplifies BAS.
Sniffing Accountant
AG
Sharp's comment didn't really age well
NSTN8
I sat behind two really drunk guys last year, and I eventually just left because it was a boring game and they wouldnt quit turning around and talking to me. It was straight up obnoxious.

To add to that, I get to go to maybe a game a year and these dudes just ruined it for me. You know the attention @hore types that just won't shut up and live to make everyone look at them. They snuck in little bottles of whiskey.
Tomdoss92
AG
Sniffing Accountant said:

Sharp's comment didn't really age well
Quote:

"Our athletic program has not reached the point where we require the numbing effects of alcohol," according to TexAgs radio host Gabe Bock.
94chem
Yay. $11 for 16 ounces of watered down horse pee. And we thought Rudder was progressive, but he never did this!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
NSTN8 said:

I sat behind two really drunk guys last year, and I eventually just left because it was a boring game and they wouldnt quit turning around and talking to me. It was straight up obnoxious.

To add to that, I get to go to maybe a game a year and these dudes just ruined it for me. You know the attention @hore types that just won't shut up and live to make everyone look at them. They snuck in little bottles of whiskey.

The most annoying people at games are the guys who think they can play call better than the coaches because they have 2 years of varsity experience 40 years ago. Anybody who acts like this:

Besides the people who yell "that spells tamc!"
StrykerAg
AG
94chem said:

Yay. $14 for 12 ounces of watered down horse pee. And we thought Rudder was progressive, but he never did this!

FIFY
BrokeAssAggie
$35 dollar chicken wrap and Shiner combo!
CASHMONEYAGGIE2002
AG
btw......for all you teetotalers out there who are outraged...........

I will gladly move my season tickets to your seat section if you give up your seats for next year (if they're better obviously).

That is all.

gocobra
AG
SEC football and beer... that will mix well.

better start leaving the kids at home.
BenFiasco14
AG
Good lord aggies have gotta be the whiniest fan base ever. Can't believe people are complaining about freedom.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
gocobra
AG
here's a thought...

will the profits from the beer sales cover the extra expense of security and lawsuits?
gocobra
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Good lord aggies have gotta be the whiniest fan base ever. Can't believe people are complaining about freedom.
You think we should allow smoking in the stands again? what about a little pot, too?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
gocobra said:

BenFiasco14 said:

You think we should allow smoking in the stands again? what about a little pot, too?

Don't have a problem with vapes. Texags would be a much calmer place if they required everyone to get high before a game.
94chem
CASHMONEYAGGIE2002 said:

btw......for all you teetotalers out there who are outraged...........

I will gladly move my season tickets to your seat section if you give up your seats for next year (if they're better obviously).

That is all.

Teetotaler? No. But buying alcohol at a sporting event is just an incredibly poor use of money, and most people I observe doing it look like they don't have money to spare. Lots of overlap with the group that buys lottery tickets. I suppose it's inevitable, but it's just another way to fleece the (albeit willing) consumer. Not sure why we needed to be first. We're usually last in stuff that actually matters.
Bill Superman
AG
gocobra said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Smoking cigarettes harms others. Drinking beer does not. People can be a jackass with or without the help of alcohol.

And guess what - most everyone that's been going to the games has always been drinking already anyhow

As for the pot, there are ways to consume without blowing smoke everywhere. I think the pot would only help with your concerns
kentky
Wow. Lot's of pearl clutching going on here. Do families not go to Cowboy and Texan games, or even tu games? Or are Aggies just worse than any other fan base in Texas with beer?

Just a note. People have been bringing in flasks to Kyle Field since the beginning of Kyle Field. Drinking at Kyle Field won't be a new thing.
AggieBlu
AG
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
Azariah
AG
rootube said:

One one hand this seems obvious and normal but on the other hand It's hard not to think of the most obnoxious guy you ever encountered at a game and try to picture that plus super drunk.
That guy is already drunk because he pounded a lot more, much cheaper alcohol before the game, and snuck in seriously hard liquor to spike his sodas during the game.

This move = more people slightly buzzed + fewer WAY too drunk people + lots of money for the concessions folks.
MatthewRothell
AG
Doesn't matter to me because I've had em in our suite
Drake aTm
AG
HoustonAg2106
AG
Drake aTm said:

I don't require it, but....
Class of 65
AG
what is a teetotaler?
terata
AG
Lets push for open carry, next.
Barnyard96
AG
Comparing NRG Stadium (Texans) to Kyle, it aint the same type of fans. I dont think we'll have a problem. Maybe some isolated stuff, but it will be ok.

I've sat in the 1st deck field box where people drank and it was just fine.
West Point Aggie
AG
There are many reasons to avoid going to LSU, Baton Rouge...heck Lousyanna altogether...add-in uninterrupted booze and that's s*** hope will threaten many lives!
hunter2012
AG
It's criminal that no one posted this yet...

The Collective
AG
kentky said:

Wow. Lot's of pearl clutching going on here. Do families not go to Cowboy and Texan games

I'm not sure if it is related to alcohol or not, but I don't consider NFL games to be family experiences. They used to be, but they are not anymore.
PatAg
AG
Why is this seen as a negative? People come into the game hammered right now because you can't buy beer. If anything, it might make the experience more enjoyable.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Teetotalers and pearl clutchers finally cast out of Kyle!

To God be the glory!
Texas A&M
While I'm not surprised, I am disappointed. The march towards Generic State U continues.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.